Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Jasper Testimitanu

Matty Taylor - Confirmed - Joins Oxford on Season Long Loan

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:
Jamie McAllister plays down talk of Matty Taylor returning 'home' to Oxford 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-coach-plays-down-3202809#ICID=ios_bristolpost_AppShare_Click_Other

Pretty much says it all................:cool2:

but there's nothing on the official site....

4 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

but there's nothing on the official site....

That’s pretty much what I was saying yesterday.....and guess what?........I got slagged off for having a reasoned view............:disapointed2se:

Some bloke reckoned that I was “talking shit again”.........jeez..........:facepalm:

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s pretty much what I was saying yesterday.....and guess what?........I got slagged off for having a reasoned view............:disapointed2se:

Some bloke reckoned that I was “talking shit again”.........jeez..........:facepalm:

Let's be honest Robbored, you'd get slagged off for whatever you post fella. Unfairly IMHO but that's my take on it. 👍

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I go with the ‘audite semper altera parte.’ In pretty much any debate and if I have a different view then I comment on it. That’s what forums are for, aren’t they?  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I go with the ‘audite semper altera parte.’ In pretty much any debate and if I have a different view then I comment on it. That’s what forums are for, aren’t they?  

Talka lotta shitta more like!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

You’re deliberately controversial too, so it’s hard to tell when you genuinely hold silly opinions and when you are just being a WUM.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Robbored said:
Jamie McAllister plays down talk of Matty Taylor returning 'home' to Oxford 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-coach-plays-down-3202809#ICID=ios_bristolpost_AppShare_Click_Other

Pretty much says it all................:cool2:

Only problem Robbo... this is the Transfer Forum, which is specifically for... rumours...

And some of them will turn out to be rubbish. BUT it is the whole point. So please **** off from this section. You dont like speculation, so you have no reason to be here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Only problem Robbo... this is the Transfer Forum, which is specifically for... rumours...

And some of them will turn out to be rubbish. BUT it is the whole point. So please **** off from this section. You dont like speculation, so you have no reason to be here.

Give him a free transfer 

26 minutes ago, Riaz said:

You’re missing my point Riaz.

Rumour is to be expected but to see certain posters putting 2+2=5 and claiming that’s correct is simply the wrong conclusion.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Rumour is to be expected but to see certain posters putting 2+2=5 and claiming that’s correct is simply the wrong conclusion.

You mean like

GJ + RR = conference manager ?!   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Get a life.

Or get a Mrs, then get a life.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Let's be honest Robbored, you'd get slagged off for whatever you post fella. Unfairly IMHO but that's my take on it. 👍

The troll has made his bed, so now he's got to lie in it I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 12/08/2019 at 09:34, Swede said:

I think he can still do a job for us. He always gives 100% and is a goalscorer.

He loves it here.

But, sadly, if he's not playing tomorrow night then that's an indication that he's off but all all it would take is a couple of injuries and suddenly we're short again.

Do we have a similar player to him, the answer's no, so why get rid?

Undoubtedly gives 100% and often improves the side when he is in it, but he is most definitely not a goalscorer and never has been during his time with City. It is time to give Semenyo Taylor's minutes, and then have Janneh ready to step up in an emergency even if he is not ready yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

not always the wrong conclusion - many people speculated that we would bring back the chelsea lads... and guess what...

Edited by Riaz

1 hour ago, Newquay-Red said:

Undoubtedly gives 100% and often improves the side when he is in it, but he is most definitely not a goalscorer and never has been during his time with City. It is time to give Semenyo Taylor's minutes, and then have Janneh ready to step up in an emergency even if he is not ready yet.

That is a fair opinion. Would be good to see Semenyo start up top tonight with maybe Afobe or Diedhiou. We really need to see more of him. Looks a talent but he looked off the pace in the two home games last season. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is a fair opinion. Would be good to see Semenyo start up top tonight with maybe Afobe or Diedhiou. We really need to see more of him. Looks a talent but he looked off the pace in the two home games last season. 

I think with Semenyo he's very talented, the club seem more excited about him than any player I can remember (including Reid and Bryan) and he'd benefit from the minutes. 

Sometimes young players making their break in the first team just try a bit too hard. Overthink what they're doing and don't give an accurate representation of their ability.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Riaz said:

not always the wrong conclusion - many people speculated that we would bring back the chelsea lads... and guess what...

Not the same scenario Riaz. 

All three Chelsea lads have been on loan at City, two of them a season long loan. The other less time on a shorter loan. All three knew the club and local area and all three showed enough to be wanted by City. All parties knew what they were getting.

The Taylor rumour was entirely based  on him watching his home town team and being seen chatting to Karl Robinson and some posters saw that as Taylor set to join Oxford. The wrong conclusion just as 2+2=5 is....

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not the same scenario Riaz. 

All three Chelsea lads have been on loan at City, two of them a season long loan. The other less time on a shorter loan. All three knew the club and local area and all three showed enough to be wanted by City. All parties knew what they were getting.

The Taylor rumour was entirely based  on him watching his home town team and being seen chatting to Karl Robinson and some posters saw that as Taylor set to join Oxford. The wrong conclusion just as 2+2=5 is....

Taylor was close to going out on loan. Taylor may still go on loan. That’s the words of LJ and Macca. 

So it’s not different. 

13 minutes ago, Selred said:

Taylor was close to going out on loan. Taylor may still go on loan. That’s the words of LJ and Macca. 

So it’s not different. 

I must have missed those comments from either LJ or Macca. What I heard was Macca poo pooing Taylor going to Oxford

On 13/08/2019 at 19:44, Robbored said:

I must have missed those comments from either LJ or Macca. What I heard was Macca poo pooing Taylor going to Oxford

Need to be careful about morale!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Sounds like Matty will be going after the latest LJ interview.

He didn’t say anything to suggest that MT is part of his plans .

I wish LJ would stop spreading these rumours.....

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Sounds like Matty will be going after the latest LJ interview.

He didn’t say anything to suggest that MT is part of his plans .

I agree Major.....what are the chances of him returning to where we got him from do you think?

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Slim to nil I would have thought .

Don’t know quite why... but I just have a nagging feeling that the odds might be greater than you suggest. 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Slim to nil I would have thought .

Poo poohing it might adversely affect his career. As a Major one should know better. 

13 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I once had to disband a whole platoon.

I heard they all just deserted.

Sounded to me from LJs long interview that if we get a decent offer for Matty we wouldn’t stand in his way. Even though he likes him he has been honest with him he is down the pecking order. Also due to fact we need to have a home grown player on bench, and he sees most of our best home grown players at present as forwards (semenyo, Janeh I presume), difficult even to get matty a bench spot 

I`d rather see a loan till January but that might just be sentiment I guess.

I could see him going somewhere like Doncaster - they lost Marquis in the summer and Coppinger`s 38 and surely can`t go on much longer.

6 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

You have to think MT is on his way. 

Sad really as i really like the guy and he gives his all.

Wonder what the club value him at and how much they will sell for?

My guess £500k tops

Unless he's off abroad he can't be sold right now I believe- loaned yes, loan with obligation in January more than likely, but pretty sure the permanent window for League One is now shut?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unless he's off abroad he can't be sold right now I believe- loaned yes, loan with obligation in January more than likely, but pretty sure the permanent window for League One is now shut?

Wrong. How many times does this need to be explained? 

5 minutes ago, James54De said:

Wrong. How many times does this need to be explained? 

Would you care to point to the regulation perhaps screen shot it and get mods to pin it in a thread?

Thanks.

• Unicorn 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would you care to point to the regulation perhaps screen shot it and get mods to pin it in a thread?

Thanks.

Na, I’m good. It’s been posted on here enough. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

You have to think MT is on his way. 

Sad really as i really like the guy and he gives his all.

Wonder what the club value him at and how much they will sell for?

My guess £500k tops

He's hardly stagnated in terms of his value since he moved here. I imagine it'll be similar to the Eisa fee.

• Haha 2

I don’t want him to go for several reasons :

1) I like his song

2) His shithousery is amazing when you just want to shut up shop

3) He always mixes things up when coming off the bench

4) We need 4 strikers so why get rid?

His house is still up for sale on RM...

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I don’t want him to go for several reasons :

1) I like his song

2) His shithousery is amazing when you just want to shut up shop

3) He always mixes things up when coming off the bench

4) We need 4 strikers so why get rid?

His house is still up for sale on RM...

Afobe 

Weimann

Diedhiou

Semenyo - who has to be on the bench (at least) every game.