Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Could Johnson Walk?


Recommended Posts

I'm not suggesting for a second that he will, but reports are he isn't happy with some players themselves for not coming to us. There have been managers at other clubs in the past who have left because of missed opportunities in the market? 

I don't think he would go bit just keen in other people's opinions?

Weve had a good market so far but we all know Johnson has wanted a striker for 18 months or so now, could've see him losing patience himself 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you on about,

no manager has left because a player he was after turned them down for another club,

managers leave for not clubs not even bidding for their targets

johnson has had bids in for everyone of his targets

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

What are you on about,

no manager has left because a player he was after turned them down for another club,

managers leave for not clubs not even bidding for their targets

johnson has had bids in for everyone of his targets

I think the op is getting at will the status of the club ever attract the kind of player the manager wants and if not why stay. I think in the odd case that is a fair question, in this one not so much. What we know is players that want to break in to the highest level will come, players going out on loan from a top club will choose a more well storied club if it suddenly becomes available.

MA LJ and JL must be pretty miffed this morning but **** it we are who we are, we have Semenyo, who else is out there. My thought is we only need a forward now, we have Baker Wright and Moore to partner Kalas. Go get one!

This could all be a blessing in disguise, I wouldn’t want that ego in our dressing room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Sign ten players and the manager walks!! Haha 

He won't - not with the 2 broken legs Sl would give him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I think the op is getting at will the status of the club ever attract the kind of player the manager wants and if not why stay. I think in the odd case that is a fair question, in this one not so much. What we know is players that want to break in to the highest level will come, players going out on loan from a top club will choose a more well storied club if it suddenly becomes available.

MA LJ and JL must be pretty miffed this morning but **** it we are who we are, we have Semenyo, who else is out there. My thought is we only need a forward now, we have Baker Wright and Moore to partner Kalas. Go get one!

This could all be a blessing in disguise, I wouldn’t want that ego in our dressing room.

As it is we are just left with ego on our faces!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will he walk? No.

Will he be furious that yet again we haven't got the reinforcements up top? I'm sure he will be.

Would he be easier to tempt to a different challenge when a vacancy becomes available? I reckon so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Will he walk? No.

Will he be furious that yet again we haven't got the reinforcements up top? I'm sure he will be.

Would he be easier to tempt to a different challenge when a vacancy becomes available? I reckon so. 

This is a more likely scenario

I'm hoping that he is as pee'd off as we are all today with the way another transfer window has been spent getting too many of the wrong type of player in

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Slightly off topic but the stature of the club was mentioned above. Does anyone think it interestin* that we can get goodEuropean players to sign for us but struggle with English based players. Is our reputation here that bad

We haven't got a bad reputation, there is just better out there. Time is on our side as I think the reputation is only getting better.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Slightly off topic but the stature of the club was mentioned above. Does anyone think it interestin* that we can get goodEuropean players to sign for us but struggle with English based players. Is our reputation here that bad

Historically big named teams in Europe, but we've hardly pulled off  transfer coups bringing any of the players in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Slightly off topic but the stature of the club was mentioned above. Does anyone think it interestin* that we can get goodEuropean players to sign for us but struggle with English based players. Is our reputation here that bad

IMO it’s easier to get players abroad simply because of fees and cheaper wages 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bristoldan19 said:

I'm not suggesting for a second that he will, but reports are he isn't happy with some players themselves for not coming to us. There have been managers at other clubs in the past who have left because of missed opportunities in the market? 

I don't think he would go bit just keen in other people's opinions?

Weve had a good market so far but we all know Johnson has wanted a striker for 18 months or so now, could've see him losing patience himself 

LJ losing patience ?

Man has the cushiest managers job in football and perhaps he might look at himself for the reasons why some players may choose elsewhere. 

He should and hopefully is eternally grateful that Mr Lansdown has limitless patience.

Despite the temporary hype during our cup run, I do not believe he will manage a better or bigger club than us, so if he were to walk it would be to grow his property empire.

For those reasons I believe he is here for as long as he likes and that he isn't going anywhere soon.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, phantom said:

This is a more likely scenario

I'm hoping that he is as pee'd off as we are all today with the way another transfer window has been spent getting too many of the wrong type of player in

Hmm...Surely he has been right at the front of identifying players, and should have an idea of a drop dead date for a first choice signature and second/third choice in a given position ? 

He should therefore have no cause to be peed off at a situation he has played a major role in. If we have brought in too many of the wrong type then he is responsible, although I don't actually think we have, its just that we have spent too much time courting a flighty *** of a striker.

The squad is bloated and dealing with that is as important as bringing people in because we are regularly told we must be sustainable nd work to a budget (whatever that may be) and LJ will be fully aware of what can and cannot be done financially.

Perhaps some of those now on the outside looking in aren't marketable but I hope we can loan some out next month.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bristoldan19 said:

I'm not suggesting for a second that he will, but reports are he isn't happy with some players themselves for not coming to us. There have been managers at other clubs in the past who have left because of missed opportunities in the market? 

I don't think he would go bit just keen in other people's opinions?

Weve had a good market so far but we all know Johnson has wanted a striker for 18 months or so now, could've see him losing patience himself 

Big post when you’ve only posted 61 before!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...