IGNORED

Mark Ashton (Merged)

AshtonRobin21

2 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

I dispute we have a better first team. Bigger squad but not convinced the team we put on the park is better.

Webster is SUCH a big miss. And in a crucial position on the pitch.

We'll see at the end of the season. Sincerely hope you are right as I really want to see us do well but am just being honest as to how I see it.

Better goalkeepers

better full back

same central defence

better midfielders

better attacking midfielders

same strikers 

59 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Which comments are we expecting this evening?

I’ll start us off with

”we felt there wasn’t value for money”

”not for the want of trying”

“We felt we had enough in that position”

6 transfer windows and 63 players signed in LJ & MA reign and not 1 proven striker...... Baffling.

15 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

This squad will not get in the top half I am afraid. Think we'll end up about 15th /16th. Any early season optimism severely reduced as far as I am concerned.

the QPR cup game  will be interesting as presumably we will play some of our newcomers. Let's see who is up to speed.

lets hope Kalas keeps fit as we are really dependent on him now. Moore has to prove he is at this level. Did ok on Saturday but time will tell. I have my doubts.i think he needs another season on loan to mature.

please stop criticising Fammy. He has a hopeless task being so isolated. Not getting a number 9 to support him is so disappointing.

pretty peed off generally with the overall situation. Thought this was a year we could really progress but......... roll on January ! 

Start looking for a number 9 now, Ashton.

Sadly I believe you will be right, been watching this club too long to see it being different

9 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

He'll big up all the other signings and make little of the failure to sign a striker. May mention that we looked at the market but it was difficult.  The hunt for a proven 9 will go on.

So will the hunt for the Loch Ness Monster! I know which my money would be on

18 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

This squad will not get in the top half I am afraid. Think we'll end up about 15th /16th. Any early season optimism severely reduced as far as I am concerned.

the QPR cup game  will be interesting as presumably we will play some of our newcomers. Let's see who is up to speed.

lets hope Kalas keeps fit as we are really dependent on him now. Moore has to prove he is at this level. Did ok on Saturday but time will tell. I have my doubts.i think he needs another season on loan to mature.

please stop criticising Fammy. He has a hopeless task being so isolated. Not getting a number 9 to support him is so disappointing.

pretty peed off generally with the overall situation. Thought this was a year we could really progress but......... roll on January ! 

Start looking for a number 9 now, Ashton.

Good grief you're boring. 

9 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

6 transfer windows and 63 players signed in LJ & MA reign and not 1 proven striker...... Baffling.

Key there is LJ and MA. Why only Ashton is getting pelters is beyond me.

Recruitment from identification scouting bids and signing is a team matter at City they say so themselves.

Everyone involved is cupable for the stats stated above.

Fact is we do have strikers we just don't play enough of them at the same time or play the wrong one for the apparrent style the coachis looking for.

Does everyone think NKeita would have played up front on his own ? You never know this may prove a blessing as England's best young coach may have to stop being so ******* egotistical and play a team and system that suits what he has.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Including loan signings I don't make it that many but I am not sure anyone could say there's a lot of rubbish on this list 

1. Fabian Giefer.

2. Scott Golbourne.

3. Ivan Lucic.

4.  Jonny Smith.

5. Diego De Girolamo.

6. Lee Tomlin. (twice)

7. Hörður Magnússon.

8. Gary O' Neill.

9. Callum O'Dowda. 

10. Taylor Moore.

11. Milan Duric.

12. Jens Hegeler. 

13.Jamie Patterson.

14. Josh Brownhill.

15. Gustav Engvall.

16. Bailey Wright.

17. Joel Ekstrand.

18. Matty Taylor.

19. Adam Matthews (twice).

20. Tammy Abraham.

21. David Cotterill.

22. Famara Diedhiou.

23. Eros Pisano.

24. Nathan Baker.

25. Freddie Hinds.

26. Nicolas Eliasson.

27. Luke Steele.

28. Tyreeq Bakinson.

29. Rory Holden.

30. Antoine Semenyo.

31. Liam Walsh.

32. Cauley Woodrow. 

33. Jonathan Leko.

34. Ryan Kent.

35. Louis Diony.

36. Marley Watkins.

37. Adam Webster.

38. Hakeeb Adelakun.

39. Andreas Weimann.

40. Jack Hunt.

41. Mo Eisa.

42. Nicky Maenpaa.

43. Jay  Dasilva.(twice)

44. Tomas Kalas (twice)

45. Stefan Marinovic.

46. Daniel Bentley.

47. Robbie Cundy.

48. Rene Gilmartin. 

49. Tommy Rowe.

50. Sammie Szmodics.

51. Kasey Palmer (twice)

52. Han-Noah Massengo

53. Pedro Pereira

54. Adam Nagy

7 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Failed to deliver in key areas 

I know,

we never strengthened the right back spot

Can’t believe we didn’t put bids in for kalas dasilva and palmer

canr believe we didn’t strengthen central midfield

3 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Why not try and improve in all areas including recruitment? One big objective was to get a proven No9 and he failed. 

Go the whole hog and iclude the coaching set up then. It won't happen and nobody on here knows if MA has had a mare, whether LJ didn't want to consider any plan B's or if players were at the door like the Arse *** and changed their minds last minute.

In the absence of knowledge on all those points, its a part failiure by those involved in recruitment and that means everyone not just Ashton.

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Congratulations. That is indeed a spectacular comment.

I'm so pleased school has broken up in order to facilitate it.

why thankyou for speculating about my age, my school days are long behind me and perhaps you need to get a sense of humour....

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Go the whole hog and iclude the coaching set up then. It won't happen and nobody on here knows if MA has had a mare, whether LJ didn't want to consider any plan B's or if players were at the door like the Arse *** and changed their minds last minute.

In the absence of knowledge on all those points, its a part failiure by those involved in recruitment and that means everyone not just Ashton.

Only playing devils advocate and asking the question, don’t give yourself a heart attack !!

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Key there is LJ and MA. Why only Ashton is getting pelters is beyond me.

Recruitment from identification scouting bids and signing is a team matter at City they say so themselves.

Everyone involved is cupable for the stats stated above.

Fact is we do have strikers we just don't play enough of them at the same time or play the wrong one for the apparrent style the coachis looking for.

Does everyone think NKeita would have played up front on his own ? You never know this may prove a blessing as England's best young coach may have to stop being so ******* egotistical and play a team and system that suits what he has.

Er

Hate to break it to you but we finished higher than we have in sometime without this mythical multigoal wonder striker.

Indeed we do better without one at this level.

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Including loan signings I don't make it that many but I am not sure anyone could say there's a lot of rubbish on this list 

1. Fabian Giefer.

2. Scott Golbourne.

3. Ivan Lucic.

4.  Jonny Smith.

5. Diego De Girolamo.

6. Lee Tomlin. (twice)

7. Hörður Magnússon.

8. Gary O' Neill.

9. Callum O'Dowda. 

10. Taylor Moore.

11. Milan Duric.

12. Jens Hegeler. 

13.Jamie Patterson.

14. Josh Brownhill.

15. Gustav Engvall.

16. Bailey Wright.

17. Joel Ekstrand.

18. Matty Taylor.

19. Adam Matthews (twice).

20. Tammy Abraham.

21. David Cotterill.

22. Famara Diedhiou.

23. Eros Pisano.

24. Nathan Baker.

25. Freddie Hinds.

26. Nicolas Eliasson.

27. Luke Steele.

28. Tyreeq Bakinson.

29. Rory Holden.

30. Antoine Semenyo.

31. Liam Walsh.

32. Cauley Woodrow. 

33. Jonathan Leko.

34. Ryan Kent.

35. Louis Diony.

36. Marley Watkins.

37. Adam Webster.

38. Hakeeb Adelakun.

39. Andreas Weimann.

40. Jack Hunt.

41. Mo Eisa.

42. Nicky Maenpaa.

43. Jay  Dasilva.(twice)

44. Tomas Kalas (twice)

45. Stefan Marinovic.

46. Daniel Bentley.

47. Robbie Cundy.

48. Rene Gilmartin. 

49. Tommy Rowe.

50. Sammie Szmodics.

51. Kasey Palmer (twice)

52. Han-Noah Massengo

53. Pedro Pereira

54. Adam Nagy

Considering we work 2/3 transfer windows in advance apparently are transfer business is woeful for key areas... 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I know,

we never strengthened the right back spot

Can’t believe we didn’t put bids in for kalas dasilva and palmer

canr believe we didn’t strengthen central midfield

How do we know if we’ve strengthened midfield or right back we haven’t seen the new right back play or much of our new midfielders? 

1 minute ago, man in the middle said:

How do we know if we’ve strengthened midfield or right back we haven’t seen the new right back play or much of our new midfielders? 

Because one is one of the top up and coming young players in france

one has got over 33 caps and has played in the euros and one has loads of top flight experience in  Italy

Archived