IGNORED

Jamie Paterson - Confirmed - Derby on Loan

Whites

Just now, hodge said:

LJ said the squad was too big himself on radio, whether it would be people loaned out or sold would be the question though

That doesn't answer my question!

However, it does seem plausible that Paterson might be one to go given the arrival of Smzodics, Palmer and Massengo.  That said, he got game time yesterday and I thought he did OK.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Phone going on charge. It’s going to be a long few days. Can see this happening. And I wouldn’t be to bothered been to inconsistent for me

Agreed, as he had been at previous clubs apparently.

If he's consistently inconsistent then who's going to buy him?

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sunderland, Portsmouth would suit him IMO. 

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure Sunderland wouldn't be happy with an inconsistent player.

I think he had to find that consistency with the chance he got at City, not sure where he goes from here.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure Sunderland wouldn't be happy with an inconsistent player.

I think he had to find that consistency with the chance he got at City, not sure where he goes from here.

I say top league 1 clubs as he is unable to be consistent in the championship . To good for league 1 to inconsistent for a club hoping to get in the premiership. Something like that noggers 

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Patersons biggest problem is he just holds onto the ball too long or tries to take everyone on himself. If he cuts that out and was abit more streetwise with the ball you'd see an instant improvement with him.  

If the penny finally drops for him he could be a very good player.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I say top league 1 clubs as he is unable to be consistent in the championship . To good for league 1 to inconsistent for a club hoping to get in the premiership. Something like that noggers 

Agreed, at his best he could tear up L1 but how many clubs at that level will take on his wages when he hasn't demonstrated consistency?

With 2 years on his contract I doubt he'd accept a move to L1 anyway.

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Down to the lake I fear!

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Means another incoming for the position of scapegoat, although I'm sure we can fill it with someone who's already here.

Do you mean LJ is making him a scapegoat by apparently making him available for transfer?

Fans are just rightly saying Paterson is inconsistent, they haven't been giving him stick.

Wingers and creative players are often labelled inconsistent.  It's a bit lazy sometimes, beating opponents is difficult so not everything will come off and if your team has low possession you're accused of being absent.

Pato has always impressed me because for a creative player he works bloody hard off the ball and closes down extremely well.

Yes he can make mistakes in possession and sometimes is over elaborate or goes one step too far before passing, but I think he's one of the more consistent creative players and I'd keep him.

I'm quite surprised there's speculation he's leaving, I'd imagine it would only happen if we had had a decent offer not as some sort of cull.

We could lose plenty of other players first before Pato needed to go IMO.

Archived