IGNORED

Jamie Paterson - Confirmed - Derby on Loan

Whites

1 hour ago, MATT BCFC said:

Two seasons ago I really thought there was a stage just before Christmas when he was one of the best players in the league. 

Sadly his form has been pretty awful since then. Not sure what went wrong? 

He was  fantastic in that spell. I thought he got a virus that knocked him sideways.

2 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

He was  fantastic in that spell. I thought he got a virus that knocked him sideways.

Yes he did, which knocked the stuffing out of him. That combined with being asked to play left midfield instead of No.10 role, led to his very poor run of form. Made worse by LJ keeping on picking him despite said loss of form.

I thought towards end of last season and even in cameo role yesterday, he was showing signs of getting back to his best. Rather see COD & Watkins depart if we could find anybody who wanted them!

58 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I don’t think Johnson feels he’s good enough, we’d surely have seen more of him by now if he did. Shame cause I banged on about him for a while on here, liked how direct he was & got quite a few assists/goals every season in an average Scunthorpe side. 

Walsh probably would be too good for League One, but a good few months starting every game would be beneficial to him imo. Hasn’t played much in the last couple of years at all. 

With the french lad on board I reckon it could be the making of Walsh having a technically gifted player in that midfield area alongside him 

Just thinking about the likes of Eliasson, Palmer, Walsh, Massengo, Dasilva, Szmodics and maybe Nketiah in the same team could be a mouthwatering prospect although whether LJ would play them all is another matter

He got ability, that’s clear, but as mentioned; can be a little frustrating in terms of consistency.

That said; he’s had some cracking games for us, and would wish him well if moved on - never struck me as a ‘bad sort’ and get the impression he’s liked in the squad.

I agree with those saying he’d be very good for a league one team, though they might struggle to afford him.

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Is he smart enough to work this out? His free kick did my nut in. The wall was 8 yards off the line so very difficult to curl over. He had Brownhill to his right and if he squared it he would have had a direct shot goal taking the 5 man wall out of the equation. Oh no he trys to curl it!!!

Indeed, and instead of hitting it over the wall to the left (goalkeeper right hand side) he hit it over the wall and put his hands on his head and acted in disbelief that it never went in!!!

4 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

The virus was the season before....16/17. He came back at the end of that season when Tomlin was dropped and helped secure our Championship place. 

17/18 he was great in the 460/4420 with Reid...and then Fam came back. 

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

EXCLUSIVE By Pete O’Rourke

Derby are chasing a late move for Bristol City winger Jamie Paterson before the close of the transfer window, Football Insider understands.

They are going to have to be incredibly quick ! - usual load of ballxxks on the last day of the window. 

Archived