IGNORED

Jamie Paterson - Confirmed - Derby on Loan

Whites

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Loan is a really weird one, potentially strengthening a rival. Do we need to get wages off the books for now perhaps?

Can only presume that LJ see Szmodics, Palmer,  Messengo and Elliasson as a better fit, and that Paterson isn't consistent enough.

Definitely one I didn't see happening today.

Just now, EmissionImpossible said:

Enormous gambles?? How so?

Hugely experienced, know the league, hugely popular with the squad, swapped with two players who we don’t know the style of play of & don’t really know their personalities, one of which has played 3 professional games that LJ told us not to put too not much expectation on?

this also means Reid and Bryan back together, and Pack and Flint back together. We all saw how strong their bonds were. 

Also sent both to promotion rivals. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Hugely experienced, know the league, hugely popular with the squad, swapped with two players who we don’t know the style of play of & don’t really know their personalities, one of which has played 3 professional games that LJ told us not to put too not much expectation on?

this also means Reid and Bryan back together, and Pack and Flint back together. We all saw how strong their bonds were. 

Also sent both to promotion rivals. 

How did we have anything to do with Reid and Bryan being back together. Granted we have sold Pack to Cardiff but I’m not sure a strong bond between those two means a recipe for success.

LJ is just protecting an 18 year old and I would hope that although you and most people on here don’t know Nagy and Massengos style of play, that he does. True that they both don’t know the league but I would assume that LJ thinks they can adjust or he wouldn’t have signed them.

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Pato gone to Derby on season long loan, strange one for me. One thing letting him go and cashing in, another doing a loan to a rival.

Because we end up with him back again. I'm lost on this one

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Because we end up with him back again. I'm lost on this one

Might be a time issue. Get him in on loan then hash out details for January. Risky on out part but if we felt we had to free up some wages and attacking slots for younger players

I’m a little worried. Not only does that remove a fair chunk of goals and assists from midfield, him going along with Marlon are two strong characters from the dressing room. Totally different dressing room now with all the new boys. I’m hoping for all our sakes they settle in quickly and hit the ground running. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

And him being a forest lad

Well being ex Forest was obviously the reason for what was said in the video.

But that on it's own doesn't normally matter too much, we liked Kris Commons and he was actually a Forest fan from Nottingham! There's actually a lot of players that have played for both clubs in the past, probably more than you'd imagine, someone on our forum said he'll be number 76!

Just seems odd from both sides this one, what with you having the January recall, and us signing someone who said he doesn't like us! ??‍♀️

Archived