IGNORED

Jamie Paterson - Confirmed - Derby on Loan

Whites

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Hugely experienced, know the league, hugely popular with the squad, swapped with two players who we don’t know the style of play of & don’t really know their personalities, one of which has played 3 professional games that LJ told us not to put too not much expectation on?

this also means Reid and Bryan back together, and Pack and Flint back together. We all saw how strong their bonds were. 

Also sent both to promotion rivals. 

They both may well be promotion rivals - to each other.

I don't get the expectation levels, we don't have any promotion rivals imo.

16 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Pato gone to Derby on season long loan, strange one for me. One thing letting him go and cashing in, another doing a loan to a rival.

I wouldn't have said that getting Patterson was doing them any favours but I agree with the  general point you are making.

18 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I reckon LJ asked MA to take Pack and Pato away from him. He just couldn't stop himself picking them and knew he needed help.

It's the kind of intervention that's needed for any self-destructive addiction.

Two down, one to go :P

20 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Strange move. Maybe a matter of wages reduction after Afobe?

Exactly my thoughts, based on the fact that Afobe deal nearly collapsed due to cost of the BA loan/personal terms - hence why I think that this deal and the one for Pack have happened right at the end 

As far as I can see this the gamble we must take.

As good as Pats or Pack might have been playing for us they are not good enough to take us to the level we all want.

Will the new boys be good enough? I don't know, nobody dose. If Johnson is as good as he thinks the potential here now is incredible.

All I can say I like the way the club is going.  Would imagine things will be tough for the first few weeks but hopefully will be such a different HOME Team this season given time.

59 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Pato gone to Derby on season long loan, strange one for me. One thing letting him go and cashing in, another doing a loan to a rival.

Judging by his patchy form since the illness in 17/18 season LJ might be thinking the Rams might also see a dip in form 

If you watch the Paterson interview on the Derby website, he looks and sounds as sick as a dog. His smile is completely fake and his face is misery itself. He keeps forcing himself to say the right words but they stick in his throat and he cannot help drifting into how much he loved it at City, when his mood immediately lightens. I couldn't actually sit through the whole interview, because it was costing me the will to live. He made Theresa May look like Coco the Clown. 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Pack and Paterson gone. 

Walsh, Adelukan and Watkins still here. 

Great stuff all round

I think Walsh may stay there is a player there , the others and maybe Bakinson can still be loaned to league one and Scotland until September 2nd and probably will be 

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems a curious one. 

Was pretty good at least decent in terms of returns from sometime in December last season.

@DerbyFan if you ever bump into Cocu, tell him that out wide is his best position, as a '10' behind Marriott or Waghorn- or both- it just won't cut it- you're welcome. :thumbsup:

This morning, according to the Derby Telegraph, the plan was to bring in two players, apparently a right winger and an attacking midfielder, I had to laugh because our official site in the article about Paterson it says:

and can play in various attacking roles, either out wide or from a central position.

that sounds like we've decided one player can cover the lot instead! ?

Your guess is as good as mine as to where he'll actually be playing! ?

40 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Commentary you thought you would never hear...

”Paterson...to Rooney...”

We might still never hear that as you've got a January recall on him! ?

9 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

If you watch the Paterson interview on the Derby website, he looks and sounds as sick as a dog. His smile is completely fake and his face is misery itself. He keeps forcing himself to say the right words but they stick in his throat and he cannot help drifting into how much he loved it at City, when his mood immediately lightens. I couldn't actually sit through the whole interview, because it was costing me the will to live. He made Theresa May look like Coco the Clown. 

Not watched the interview myself, doesn't sound great though! ?

Seen a few of our fans saying something that made it sound like he's known he's been coming here for a while though?

2 minutes ago, DerbyFan said:

?

Seen a few of our fans saying something that made it sound like he's known he's been coming here for a while though?

It's mentioned in the interview. 

I hope he does well for you. He can light up a football pitch. Dig around on Youtube for City 4 Derby 1 and he gets the third goal and a beautiful 50 yard assist for the fourth. Also there is a freakish banana shot in Sheff Utd 1 Bristol City 2 and another beautiful curler in City 2 Reading 0. 

We were told when he came he was brilliant on his day but inconsistent. From Aug - Dec 2017 he was brilliant for us, helping us to the League Cup semis and second in the league, but has done absolutely nothing since, despite playing every week and being give the luxurious free-roaming ten role. 

26 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Doesn't sound to excited  about the move does he. 

Also says he's known about Derby's interest for a while

Archived