IGNORED

Jamie Paterson - Confirmed - Derby on Loan

Whites

4 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

It's mentioned in the interview. 

I hope he does well for you. He can light up a football pitch. Dig around on Youtube for City 4 Derby 1 and he gets the third goal and a beautiful 50 yard assist for the fourth. Also there is a freakish banana shot in Sheff Utd 1 Bristol City 2 and another beautiful curler in City 2 Reading 0. 

We were told when he came he was brilliant on his day but inconsistent. From Aug - Dec 2017 he was brilliant for us, helping us to the League Cup semis and second in the league, but has done absolutely nothing since, despite playing every week and being give the luxurious free-roaming ten role. 

That's a bit revisionist, that last bit.

Wasn't he shunted around somewhat between wide and '10'. His final 5-6 months of last season went pretty well, extrapolated at least IIRC.

2 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

It's mentioned in the interview. 

I hope he does well for you. He can light up a football pitch. Dig around on Youtube for City 4 Derby 1 and he gets the third goal and a beautiful 50 yard assist for the fourth. Also there is a freakish banana shot in Sheff Utd 1 Bristol City 2 and another beautiful curler in City 2 Reading 0. 

We were told when he came he was brilliant on his day but inconsistent. From Aug - Dec 2017 he was brilliant for us, helping us to the League Cup semis and second in the league, but has done absolutely nothing since, despite playing every week and being give the luxurious free-roaming ten role. 

It makes you wonder why everyone waited until deadline day for it to go through if that's the case? ?

Thanks, I'll check them out. From what I remember about him, he's always been a little annoyance when he's played against us, I've always assumed that was because he raised his game against us being ex Forest! ?

Inconsistent certainly seems to be the go to word when describing most winger/no10 types, seems much rarer to get consistent ones.

32 minutes ago, DerbyFan said:

It makes you wonder why everyone waited until deadline day for it to go through if that's the case? ?

Thanks, I'll check them out. From what I remember about him, he's always been a little annoyance when he's played against us, I've always assumed that was because he raised his game against us being ex Forest! ?

Inconsistent certainly seems to be the go to word when describing most winger/no10 types, seems much rarer to get consistent ones.

Pato is definitely not a winger mate  and if that's what you are expecting, you will be disappointed . He is a left sided midfielder, with a modicum of skill when he is in the mood, but most games you will forget hes even there.

24 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Pato is definitely not a winger mate  and if that's what you are expecting, you will be disappointed . He is a left sided midfielder, with a modicum of skill when he is in the mood, but most games you will forget hes even there.

Think he's more of a 10 personally. Best in that position when in the right system.

12 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

To afford Afobe he had to get players off the wage bill   It just so happens we had bids for pack and Patterson    It also opens up a pathway into the team for our new/ young players 

if bids came in for Watkins O’Dowda and Walsh then pato and pack wouldn’t  have gone anywhere 

Utter nonsense - we have no FFP issues because of the Webster sale.

Our squad was too big , no other reason.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think he's more of a 10 personally. Best in that position when in the right system.

The best football we’ve played in the last couple of seasons was when Diedhiou was injured & we played Paterson & Reid up front. Think he’s another player that fans will only realise how much he offered now that he’s gone. 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Utter nonsense - we have no FFP issues because of the Webster sale.

Our squad was too big , no other reason.

I don’t think so petal  We still have a balance sheet to work too. Also with the 2 new midfielders we would have had something like 12 for centre /attacking/ wide midfield.  Lj said he wanted 2 or 3 to go 

11 minutes ago, Dottie said:

The best football we’ve played in the last couple of seasons was when Diedhiou was injured & we played Paterson & Reid up front. Think he’s another player that fans will only realise how much he offered now that he’s gone. 

It's only a loan though, so he will be back in 12 months having learned a bit and perhaps improved on his lack of physical strength.

Strange that Derby wanted him though.  I assume he can't play against us.

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

It's only a loan though, so he will be back in 12 months having learned a bit and perhaps improved on his lack of physical strength.

Strange that Derby wanted him though.  I assume he can't play against us.

No, he can’t play against us. 

39 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I mean it's possible we've upgraded that '10' but yeah, that was the best football at this level not just in a couple of seasons but over a consistent period at this level in years!

Definitely doesn't deserve some of the flak he gets on here IMO and let's face it if Derby are keen he must have something.

Don't know how I feel about this - and as someone who tore into Paterson massively in the first half of last season, not sure why that is, but I did feel he was maturing towards the end of last season, in part because he was having to rescue a starting 11 that was often utterly flat and exhausted before his introduction.

For me he finished last season stronger (think Millwall away, where he put the team on his back and changed the game) and with a lot more composure and quality than Palmer (perhaps the competition served him well), and in our 0-5 and 1-3 the past two weeks, he's at least shown the same purpose off the bench.

End product is sketchy at times, but not always - he has about the best scoring record of our midfield and wider players, and is one of the few players in the squad who can run with the ball convincingly to stretch play and give others time to get up the field. I'm not even sure Palmer can do that without a drag back or two.

I suppose in the end analysis I trusted Paterson, limitations and all, more than I have ever trusted Palmer, so am now counting on Palmer to realise his potential otherwise as bit part at Pato could be, I think we'll miss his traditional cameo appearances to galvanise a Lee Johnson first 11 choice that is all too often flat.

On 08/08/2019 at 18:57, MartockRed said:

I’m a little worried. Not only does that remove a fair chunk of goals and assists from midfield, him going along with Marlon are two strong characters from the dressing room. Totally different dressing room now with all the new boys. I’m hoping for all our sakes they settle in quickly and hit the ground running. 

I think this might be part of the point. Sometimes a dressing room can become complacent and removing two senior players could be the grenade that awakes and refocuses the rest. He's a victim of the refresh, reboot, recharge.

3 hours ago, mozo said:

I think this might be part of the point. Sometimes a dressing room can become complacent and removing two senior players could be the grenade that awakes and refocuses the rest. He's a victim of the refresh, reboot, recharge.

I'm a suspicious person and I believe there is more to these leaving us, than we will ever know.

Archived