Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Whites

Jamie Paterson - Confirmed - Derby on Loan

Wouldn't surprise me, hasn't been the player I was hoping he'd turn out to be in a long time

If true I'd wish him well, but I'd agree 100% with the decision

28 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Smith

Brownhill

Pack

O'dowda

Walsh

Watkins

Palmer

Adelakun

Szmodics

Eliason

Paterson

Bakinson

CM's

I'd say we're only 3 players heavy potentially in Bakinson, Watkins and Adelakun. Bakinson could yet be loaned out but while Korey is injured would we risk it? You do have players like Weimann who can play wing as well but if you were writing down a list you'd put him as a striker. 

CM

1. Smith
  2. Pack
  3. Brownhill
  4. Walsh
  5. Bakinson

Wingers

1. O'Dowda
  2. Eliasson
  3. Paterson
  4. Watkins 
  5. Adelakun 

CAM

1. Palmer
  2. Szmodics

Two seasons ago I really thought there was a stage just before Christmas when he was one of the best players in the league. 

Sadly his form has been pretty awful since then. Not sure what went wrong? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Due to his injury setting him back terminally as far as a career at AG is concerned, or have they just decided he's not good enough after all?

Where would Walsh go on loan - too good for L1 imo., and what Championship club would want him after failing to break through here?

If we 'store' players (on good wages btw.) for a year or 2 and hardly play them, then their careers, and reputations in the game can only regress, and their suitors and value to the club will be reduced.

I don’t think Johnson feels he’s good enough, we’d surely have seen more of him by now if he did. Shame cause I banged on about him for a while on here, liked how direct he was & got quite a few assists/goals every season in an average Scunthorpe side. 

Walsh probably would be too good for League One, but a good few months starting every game would be beneficial to him imo. Hasn’t played much in the last couple of years at all. 

43 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Two seasons ago I really thought there was a stage just before Christmas when he was one of the best players in the league. 

Simple answer. He was played centrally and given a free role behind Bobby Reid. After Christmas and Fammy's return, he has been played wide left and sporadically since. Just like Weimann was prior to Fammy's return for the first six games of the season last year, a revelation centrally, just above average because of his energy, when played out wide.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I don’t think Johnson feels he’s good enough, we’d surely have seen more of him by now if he did. Shame cause I banged on about him for a while on here, liked how direct he was & got quite a few assists/goals every season in an average Scunthorpe side. 

Walsh probably would be too good for League One, but a good few months starting every game would be beneficial to him imo. Hasn’t played much in the last couple of years at all. 

Scunthorpe? Who Pato?

Thought it Walsall, correct me if I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, Nibor said:

Wingers and creative players are often labelled inconsistent.  It's a bit lazy sometimes, beating opponents is difficult so not everything will come off and if your team has low possession you're accused of being absent.

Pato has always impressed me because for a creative player he works bloody hard off the ball and closes down extremely well.

Yes he can make mistakes in possession and sometimes is over elaborate or goes one step too far before passing, but I think he's one of the more consistent creative players and I'd keep him.

I'm quite surprised there's speculation he's leaving, I'd imagine it would only happen if we had had a decent offer not as some sort of cull.

We could lose plenty of other players first before Pato needed to go IMO.

He’s ‘over elaborate’ every time he has the ball

Just now, Fuber said:

Scunthorpe? Who Pato?

Thought it Walsall, correct me if I'm wrong.

Apologies mate, gone a bit off topic and discussing Adelakun.

Just now, Carey 6 said:

Apologies mate, gone a bit off topic and discussing Adelakun.

Ah, that'll teach me to actually read through the thread in its entirety. Thought I'd lost the plot for a second. 🙃

2 minutes ago, INB Red said:

He’s ‘over elaborate’ every time he has the ball

Very similar to Freeman really. I think the key difference is Luke actually had a bit more presence about him and a better work ethic (at least tracking his runners and getting back to help the defence).

4 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

Patersons biggest problem is he just holds onto the ball too long or tries to take everyone on himself. If he cuts that out and was abit more streetwise with the ball you'd see an instant improvement with him.  

If the penny finally drops for him he could be a very good player.

Is he smart enough to work this out? His free kick did my nut in. The wall was 8 yards off the line so very difficult to curl over. He had Brownhill to his right and if he squared it he would have had a direct shot goal taking the 5 man wall out of the equation. Oh no he trys to curl it!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MATT BCFC said:

He was  fantastic in that spell. I thought he got a virus that knocked him sideways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

He was  fantastic in that spell. I thought he got a virus that knocked him sideways.

Yes he did, which knocked the stuffing out of him. That combined with being asked to play left midfield instead of No.10 role, led to his very poor run of form. Made worse by LJ keeping on picking him despite said loss of form.

I thought towards end of last season and even in cameo role yesterday, he was showing signs of getting back to his best. Rather see COD & Watkins depart if we could find anybody who wanted them!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

With the french lad on board I reckon it could be the making of Walsh having a technically gifted player in that midfield area alongside him 

Just thinking about the likes of Eliasson, Palmer, Walsh, Massengo, Dasilva, Szmodics and maybe Nketiah in the same team could be a mouthwatering prospect although whether LJ would play them all is another matter

• Like 1

He got ability, that’s clear, but as mentioned; can be a little frustrating in terms of consistency.

That said; he’s had some cracking games for us, and would wish him well if moved on - never struck me as a ‘bad sort’ and get the impression he’s liked in the squad.

I agree with those saying he’d be very good for a league one team, though they might struggle to afford him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Is he smart enough to work this out? His free kick did my nut in. The wall was 8 yards off the line so very difficult to curl over. He had Brownhill to his right and if he squared it he would have had a direct shot goal taking the 5 man wall out of the equation. Oh no he trys to curl it!!!

Indeed, and instead of hitting it over the wall to the left (goalkeeper right hand side) he hit it over the wall and put his hands on his head and acted in disbelief that it never went in!!!

Edited by 50cal
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

The virus was the season before....16/17. He came back at the end of that season when Tomlin was dropped and helped secure our Championship place. 

17/18 he was great in the 460/4420 with Reid...and then Fam came back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Would we ever win a header with that lineup?

Would we need to?  I'd love to see it.  In pre season maybe...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

No chance. He is LJs love child considering he always plays him irrespective of form.

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Accept he drops him regularly 

.... and replaces him with a sub quite often ...

On his day imo he's one of the best players in the league but that being said as stated in a couple of posts he just goes missing in games and you forget he's actually playing. 

If he does leave then I wish him nothing but the best (unless he faces us). 

4 hours ago, Corshamred said:

There doesn't seem to be much evidence he is going mind , apart from this thread!

There is logic to the rumour .

He is not going to get any better and at 27 he has some years left.

Leave it a year or 18 months and he’s much less valuable.

On 05/08/2019 at 12:19, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed, as he had been at previous clubs apparently.

If he's consistently inconsistent then who's going to buy him?

on that description we should.  oh.....

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

EXCLUSIVE By Pete O’Rourke

Derby are chasing a late move for Bristol City winger Jamie Paterson before the close of the transfer window, Football Insider understands.

They are going to have to be incredibly quick ! - usual load of ballxxks on the last day of the window. 

Just now, Tears in rain said:

He hates derby doesn’t he! Be an interesting one

Surprising how £££££££££ can change you mind, it seemed like the players trying the hardest on Sunday were the ones looking for a transfer

4 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Where?

Derby lies on the banks of the River Derwent in the south of Derbyshire, of which it was traditionally the county town.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Like Bobby Reid hated Cardiff .

:whistle2:

Not sure I ever heard Reid talk about that. But I have definitely seen Pato numerous times say it

Of course you’re right money and game time talks 

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Send Marriott the other way please. :(

If they want him that bad, they'll have to do something like that, otherwise why would we bother.

Good. We have far too many players, in an ideal world you'd move 4 or 5 on before him, but as we've found out today it's far from ideal. 

He's a 1 in 5 player, but he's guaranteed to have 1 of his 9 good games against us this season!

1 minute ago, Taz said:

If they want him that bad, they'll have to do something like that, otherwise why would we bother.

Reducing the wage bill after the incomings this week

• Like 2