IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

WRERE

10 minutes ago, Olé said:

Club appears to be at that stage of a Football Manager season when everything is going badly so you just start being a dick.

...and then go back and start again! 

10 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

If this was like football manager, we’d have saved game yesterday and restarted after Nketiah signed for Leeds!

you beat me to it...and this is a better scenario!

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'd have added myself as Leeds manager and withdrawn their offer. 

And then flogged or released all their senior goalkeepers before resigning. 

or maybe got fed up and taken over at Rovers, destroying their squad, playing everyone out of position and seeing how many matches you could lose before you got the sack...

7 minutes ago, Smokey said:

He has but its a squad game. we now finally have 2 who can play that role so we decide to get rid of one. Stupid.

With Nagy, Walsh, Massengo and Brownhill we have 4 for 2 spots so we’re reasonably covered. MP is probably one of the highest earners too. 

Massengo can attack and defend and let’s face it, Marlon isn’t great at either. He’s not mobile enough to be an effective box to box midfielder and offers very little in the way of protection to the back 4. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

With Nagy, Walsh, Massengo and Brownhill we have 4 for 2 spots so we’re reasonably covered. MP is probably one of the highest earners too. 

Massengo can attack and defend and let’s face it, Marlon isn’t great at either. He’s not mobile enough to be an effective box to box midfielder and offers very little in the way of protection to the back 4. 

Will be a mistake getting rid of Marlon, Walsh was barley used last season. Brownhill cant play the defensive role and we don't know if Massengo or Nagy will settle.

For better or worse - and I'm a fan - City's lynchpin for a couple of years, the whole basis of the 'build from the back' style has surely been Marlon Pack. If there was a player you wouldn't want to sell in the last minutes of the transfer window, after all your preseason training, it would be such a player...no matter how strong his potential replacement...who signed yesterday.

Whether you rate Marlon or not, even if it is to push Reid our way, this is bad timing.  Ideally you want him to help embed Nagy and Massengo over a period of time.  If he does go, these guys could be lambs to the Championship slaughter.

Having said that, too often we sign players and don’t play them.

Perhaps LJ has indicated that these new signings jeopardise Pack’s position and he’s jumped.  Never all as black and white as we think.

Archived