IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

WRERE

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

ruins any chance of a Reid swap deal incl Pack though, makes no sense to sell Pack at this stage if we are getting nothing back

Agreed - makes no sense if it's not part of a Reid deal. He hasn't been great recently, but lots of pressure on a young midfield if he leaves. 

Our style has been dictated by Marlon for a long time. We are currently undergoing a refresh and upgrade so if one of Marlon/Josh goes it shouldn’t be a surprise. I like Marlon but I think that we’ve had his best years and he is the last of Cotts men (except for Korey who has probably been replaced this week too)

Just now, RobArnold10 said:

Think this is common sense, two midfielders signed that between them and Brownhill should be enough in the centre, with Bakinson, Walsh on the fringes and Smith to come back from injury. Marlon the odd one out tbh.

Walsh isnt good enough, Korey is out for another 6 months, Bakinson isnt ready 

makes absolutely no sense to me, unless for good money, even then we cant ******* spend it!

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Walsh isnt good enough, Korey is out for another 6 months, Bakinson isnt ready 

makes absolutely no sense to me, unless for good money, even then we cant ******* spend it!

I rate Walsh better than Pack on all fronts bar heading ability. If we can get something for Pack, we should take it.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Deary me.

The weight of responsibility of Johnson’s shoulders now.

All our head honchos have the weight of the success or failure of the club on their shoulders. This is one of the reasons that they are so highly paid.

Personally I think the transfer window is too short for top clubs to do their business.

The negotiations and implications are way too important to be rushed through.

Coming back to Pack , if he doesn’t move now we are going to be in a rather strange situation with him knowing that we would have let him go.

How motivated would he be for the rest of his time here ? 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

All our head honchos have the weight of the success or failure of the club on their shoulders. This is one of the reasons that they are so highly paid.

Personally I think the transfer window is too short for top clubs to do their business.

The negotiations and implications are way too important to be rushed through.

Coming back to Pack , if he doesn’t move now we are going to be in a rather strange situation with him knowing that we would have let him go.

How motivated would he be for the rest of his time here ? 

Perhaps he had an inkling on Sunday? Not saying he wasn't trying but he was possibly a bit put out…

5 minutes ago, INB Red said:

really hope we don’t live to regret this. No guarantee of the new lads being up to the standard. 

I'm VERY confident in Nagy being better than him. Massengo obviously needs time to prove himself, but I'd also imagine he has a way higher ceiling. And both seem significantly faster.

Archived