IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

WRERE

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Perhaps he had an inkling on Sunday? Not saying he wasn't trying but he was possibly a bit put out…

Well, he was way off the pace and almost anonymous for most of the game.

Best of luck to him if he's off, great service to the club.

5 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I'm VERY confident in Nagy being better than him. Massengo obviously needs time to prove himself, but I'd also imagine he has a way higher ceiling. And both seem significantly faster.

Players flop though. It happens. I’m hopeful, just a little wary.

Pack has been a great & successful servant for this club but we have had his best years & our monies worth. If we had to sell either Pack or Brownhill today to ease the wage bill then I think we have got the right result. 

The fee will be interesting & could make our day given that from the outside he appears to be at his peak!

This is a ridiculous move imo. We all know he has some limitations but Pack has been ever present for us for years now, and everything goes through him. Overall he’s a good player. 

To sell him now, to them of all teams, seems beyond reckless to me. If the new lads don’t settle I genuinely fear for us. 

1 minute ago, INB Red said:

Players flop though. It happens. I’m hopeful, just a little wary.

True, but given what we've seen/read from a few different sources, I could only see Nagy flopping if he's incorrectly utilised. As I said, with Massengo it's more unsure, and obviously new players means longer gelling time.

This window has the potential to be the best in our recent history. All that needs to happen is for Afobe to score on his debut for people to calm down and see what good/exciting signings we've made.

Gave good service to the club. The 3x midfield upgrades will make a massive difference to the others around them, playing with more pace, more opportunity for turnovers, runs spotted earlier. Until some fans see this they won’t realise what we’ve been missing. Pack good at picking a pass but needs too long to do it.

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Odds on Kalas new captain Westy

Doesn’t strike me as captain material

Thanks Marlon, great servant to help us into this league and stay in it. But Nagy sounds like an upgrade by a mile, can run for miles and win the ball at ease. And looks like a great passer and all round midfielder. I think if we can manage to get Brownhill and Massengo in a 4-3-3 or a formation that accommodates the three of them, we could have an excellent midfield. 

1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Thanks Marlon, great servant to help us into this league and stay in it. But Nagy sounds like an upgrade by a mile, can run for miles and win the ball at ease. And looks like a great passer and all round midfielder. I think if we can manage to get Brownhill and Massengo in a 4-3-3 or a formation that accommodates the three of them, we could have an excellent midfield. 

And yet a manager with more promotions than anyone else sees him as a man to help an attempt at promotion. Curious.  

Archived