IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

WRERE

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It's not the fact he has left....but the timing 

Ridiculous really 

Two players we had never heard of until the other day...let.alone seen play 

Speaking to a Cardiff fan today and told him we bought Nagy, he saw him play when Hungary and thought he looked a good player. 

He wasn’t that impressed when the Pack rumour broke and thought we’ve got the better deal.  

A lot of the (justified) complaints over the last 12 months or so is the football being 'same old, same old'. New signings not really making an impact because LJ insisted on picking Pato and Pack.

For better or worse we are definitely going to see some changes in how we operate in midfield now. 

Hopefully an all new 'continental' CM pairing might show an alternative approach and present the sort of fluid passing football that LJ has supposedly been trying to implement.

Next few weeks will be interesting if nothing else!

Wow. You go on holiday for a couple of days and WTf does the team look like? 

Marlon has been a good servant but Smith has always been better. And you’ve just gotta move players on if you’re going to progress. 

A bold move, but progression means moving out of your comfort zone. Marlon was our comfort zone. 

Good luck Marlon. I hope you’re a shining light in Cardiff’s second consecutive relegation season!

8 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

I am hoping this is sarcasm and you have whooshed me.

Massongo first played against our U18s for Monaco U18s a year ago and was watched at the summer Toulon Tournament. Nagy was heralded as playing very well at Euro 2016 for Hungary (and yes I did watch the games) plus has more than 30 International caps. I think the homework was done.

Yes mate.

I was responding to a reply on my comment, see the text in bold. 

24 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It's not the fact he has left....but the timing 

Ridiculous really 

Two players we had never heard of until the other day...let.alone seen play 

I can only think he has been told he will no longer be first choice one the two midfielders joined and decided to move on rather than fight for his place? 

Or perhaps Cardiff approached and we said ok but we need to sign replacement first??

As others have said money signing on fee, goodbye bonus from club means the bank balance is looking good.

I feel similar to when Cole Skuse left. Not too fussed.

So good luck Marlon all the best. 

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think Walsh or Bakinson will go on loan to Lg1 before the loan window closes.

Surely we can’t just be left with Nagy , Brownhill and massengo . Although a very good footballer by the looks of it , massengo looks very lightweight and him and Nagy will probably take a while to get up to speed. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Massive gamble getting rid of Pack. Baffling move.

Not at all. Against Leeds, you could clearly see that Marlon's playing style slows us down as an attacking force. He has been a great servant to our club. Perfect timing before he receives stick from the fans this season. A player respected. Never outstay your stay imo

30 minutes ago, JC5 said:

'Warnock: "He’s the leader we’ve been looking for... "I think everyone knew we missed that leadership and I think this squad has got great characters now in different areas."

What leaders do we have now? We've just sold our captain to our rivals for £750k? 

When Pack is playing well Warnock is right. However the last ten or so games he’s played for us haven’t really seen that leadership materialise.

In terms of what leaders we have, Kalas, Smith, Nikki, Wright and it’s time for Brownhill to step up to the plate.

Sad to see Pack go, feels a bit sudden and personally would have preferred him to stay around the squad for this season purely for continuity.

That being said we have made two signings in his position this week so perhaps he felt it was time to move on himself. Bit of a sad way for his time here to end given he has been an outstanding servant to the club, wish him nothing but the best.

48 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'd rather live to regret it than not living to regret it.

I'm just glad I'm seeing all this for the first time after the fact.

Don’t see how keeping Pack makes us worse. If the others are better don’t play Pack. What I’m saying is if the new signing are bad, there’s no one to fall back on

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

When Pack is playing well Warnock is right. However the last ten or so games he’s played for us haven’t really seen that leadership materialise.

In terms of what leaders we have, Kalas, Smith, Nikki and it’s time for Brownhill to step up to the plate.

We still have Bailey Wright from a leadership perspective, agree Brownhill needs to become "the man" in our midfield

29 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Absolutely over the moon. 3 years to late but better late then never. Thanks for nothing pack.. Prem here we finally come.

What a vile comment.  He has been a real servant to this club and played a critical role in our promotion season, and in our run to the league cup semi-finals, when he proved himself able to share the field with some of the greatest players in the world without letting himself down.

or was this a misplaced attempt at dark humour?  If so, it’s lost on me.

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Sad to see Pack go, feels a bit sudden and personally would have preferred him to stay around the squad for this season purely for continuity.

That being said we have made two signings in his position this week so perhaps he felt it was time to move on himself. Bit of a sad way for his time here to end given he has been an outstanding servant to the club, wish him nothing but the best.

Yep. I personally wouldn't have got rid but I can understand why both club and player might have decided otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

We still have Bailey Wright from a leadership perspective, agree Brownhill needs to become "the man" in our midfield

I’m sure the thinking is that with younger lads around him he’s got to make that next step now. In some ways it was easy for Brownhill to “coast” and just do his job with Pack alongside him.

Archived