IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

WRERE

I love Pack and will miss him but I can sort of see the thinking - his limitation is his pace so his positioning needs to be perfect to avoid being exposed in defence and he struggles to pass and move quickly around the press in possession.

On top of that, he needs time to play the long passes, with any great accuracy - again, Leeds didn't allow him to do that.

Other teams might not be so quick to close him down which will increase his value on the pitch. Also, I get the feeling we will miss his impact off the pitch.

Still, what's done is done. I can't say I wish him the best beyond staying injury free though!

Lastly, generally, I don't have that much of an issue with City reporting transfer fees as undisclosed - in this case though, I think City should probably admit to it (though, of course, Cardiff may want it to remain undisclosed). Pack is our longest serving player and (notwithstanding Bailey Wright) was our captain and the transfer was out of the blue, right at the end of the window. Since Webster left, any fee is unlikely to have any impact on how much we will be quoted for players going forward anyway.

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Blimey. Colin's tracksuit bottoms get higher and higher every time I see him. He won't need a t-shirt soon if he carries on at this rate.

He'll be able to tuck his man boobs in them soon.

A man reaches a certain age where he must hang up the tracksuit and start wearing a suit if he is to maintain any dignity at all.

15 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Blimey. Colin's tracksuit bottoms get higher and higher every time I see him. He won't need a t-shirt soon if he carries on at this rate.

With Mrs Doubtfire in the frame in this photo it makes this look like more some weird comedy promo than a transfer unveiling. Certainly doesn’t hurt as much as the photo of Bob did (the fee of £4m helps there as well mind!). 

1 minute ago, RedSkin said:

That head tapping thing is actually starting to bother me now.

It almost like an act of subjugation you might want a captured prisoner to perform to demonstrate they are broken.  It's starting to look like humiliation.

It’s just weird.

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Let's hope so, although how many young players have they ever sold for money and so needed to think about inserting sell-on clauses...??

Indeed. Sure I read somewhere that he's now effectively their record sale.

19 minutes ago, Westcountry Robins said:

£4m with £750k up front and a pay rise for Marlon. MA has had Tan Sri Vincent Tan over a barrel yet again!

That’s £20m ish for Tomlin, Reid and Pack. 

I've always liked Marlon and players like him. He's a bit like a fuel pump on a car. It just sits there and gets on with it's job. No one sees it unless they're looking really closely and it's not a part of the car people talk about or admire but, you can be sure if it's not running right then the car doesn't run either. 

And that was always the problem with Marlon, he was the type of player that got on with the job and when playing well was barely noticed. When he wasn't performing well or having an off game it became quite apparent. 

Time will tell if this is the right move for both club and player but I thank him for all the hard work in his years at the club and wish him all the best for the future (except when he's on the field against us of course) 

Archived