IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

WRERE

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

So what is our overall summer balance sheet? @Davefevsperhaps has it logged?

Bristol City - £7.88m profit

Fees received: £32.99m

Biggest sale: Adam Webster to Brighton, £19.67m

Fees spent: £25.11m

Biggest buy: Tomas Kalas, £8.1m

But I believe this doesn't include any loan fees.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

South Auckland, not for the faint hearted! 

people  that complain we live in a divided society have obviously never visited Auckland, the contrast between the North Shore and places like Otara and Mangere is stark it's not just us that has these problems.

7 minutes ago, chucky said:

Also doesn’t reflect wage commitment. My guess is we would still be in credit after factoring that in.

These transfer windows are harsh - not sure where the benefit is for anyone.

Clearly a last-minute sale to allow us the chance to rotate new players into the midfield. Pack was so established that without injury, the temptation to haul him back onto the pitch would have been too great. Sometimes that clean break is needed although I'm not convinced about this timing.

I've got nothing but praise for a player who has only given his best for the club. He might not have been the future of the club but I will remember him as a big piece of the past.

Gutted we can't say goodbye but he'll get applause from me when he returns with Cardiff.

Thanks for being a solid pro Marlon.

41 minutes ago, chucky said:

It can't do because they have Leeds at no spend and I find it hard to believe they're not paying something to Arsenal and Man City for Nketiah and Harrison. 

2 hours ago, RedSkin said:

That head tapping thing is actually starting to bother me now.

It almost like an act of subjugation you might want a captured prisoner to perform to demonstrate they are broken.  It's starting to look like humiliation.

I see your point but may be we should try the same thing?

Each new player, before their first interview, should be recorded downing a pint* of Thatchers in one go.  With Johnson and Ashton stood either side of them looking slightly threatening.

*Obviously, we don't enforce this on Massanaco and others if they are underage.

Saw Pack when he first arrived and he was very raw and not League 1 standard. The last few years he has been in the top 20 midfielders in the championship and under rated by many who do not appreciate the difficulty of playing at this level. Disappointed he's gone, his experience will be missed. 

8 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I find it odd that he’s changed his pic and bio on Instagram but hasn’t done the generic post thanking his old club for the memories blah blah that players usually do when they leave .Especially after 6 seasons with us.

Don't cry about it...

57 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It can't do because they have Leeds at no spend and I find it hard to believe they're not paying something to Arsenal and Man City for Nketiah and Harrison. 

I did say I believe that doesn't include loan fees. 

21 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I find it odd that he’s changed his pic and bio on Instagram but hasn’t done the generic post thanking his old club for the memories blah blah that players usually do when they leave .Especially after 6 seasons with us.

Probably glad to be leaving somewhere where 90% of the fans don’t rate him and slag him off for misplacing 2 passes out of 75 per game. 

I’m convinced Pack was gonna be a massive ‘boo-boy’ this season (more so than he already was) and I think he’s best off out of it. It was gonna get poisonous. 

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

£4m makes more sense than the figures initially banded about. 

OK, just Pato's loan that is baffling.

I think that for Pato it was the same scenario with us for Afobe, perhaps not enough time to get a full transfer completed so a loan with a view to buy is quicker and less of a gamble . 

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Probably glad to be leaving somewhere where 90% of the fans don’t rate him and slag him off for misplacing 2 passes out of 75 per game. 

I’m convinced Pack was gonna be a massive ‘boo-boy’ this season (more so than he already was) and I think he’s best off out of it. It was gonna get poisonous. 

I liked Pack when he was on top form, but towards the end of last season and against Leeds, it wasn't his passing accuracy that was the problem but his decision making time. It was becoming obvious that he doesn't quite have it in him to play a higher tempo game and as a key part of our midfield he was dictating the pace of our whole team. My only hope before we sold him was that either Nagy or Massengo would have the movement that would allow him to pass the ball quicker, but we will never know now. One thing was for sure, at 27/28 neither him or Paterson were going to get any quicker. 
He will probably be OK at Cardiff, sitting in front of the defence and pinging the ball 50m will suit him as he slows down.

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

£4m makes more sense than the figures initially banded about. 

OK, just Pato's loan that is baffling.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think that for Pato it was the same scenario with us for Afobe, perhaps not enough time to get a full transfer completed so a loan with a view to buy is quicker and less of a gamble . 

That would make sense and explain why he is missing from our squad list but Zak Vyner Jojo Wollacott are still there

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/first-team-squad/

Archived