IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

WRERE

16 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

£4 million will tie in with LJ's comment "it was too good an offer to turn down", would never of made sense to let him go for only £750k, thats a L1 transfer

Just to add Badiffs forum may be hilarious later when they see this figures, so far it's been full of how they pulled our pants down at 750K, a bit of payback for fatboy tomlin

Nope, you just like paying over the top for any player with a BCFC connection

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Bristol City - £7.88m profit

Fees received: £32.99m

Biggest sale: Adam Webster to Brighton, £19.67m

Fees spent: £25.11m

Biggest buy: Tomas Kalas, £8.1m

But I believe this doesn't include any loan fees.

I know you have only copied the EP, but that cannot be correct.

£20m Webster + £13m Kelly + £1m Eisa ( all lower end of estimated fees) = £34m excluding Pack.

Include Pack, and it is £34.75m lowest estimate, rising to £48m top end.

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think that for Pato it was the same scenario with us for Afobe, perhaps not enough time to get a full transfer completed so a loan with a view to buy is quicker and less of a gamble . 

I'm sure you're right, but I'd not have moved him on in the first place. Pato is IMO a useful, game-changing sub. A useful ace to have up our sleeves. If he could start games with the same impact that he shows in the final half hour, he'd be a great player.

As we don't know how the new midfielders will work out yet, I'd have retained his services. 

Pack, it could be argued, is starting to look over the hill, and we got a decent whack for him. 

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm sure you're right, but I'd not have moved him on in the first place. Pato is IMO a useful, game-changing sub. A useful ace to have up our sleeves. If he could start games with the same impact that he shows in the final half hour, he'd be a great player.

As we don't know how the new midfielders will work out yet, I'd have retained his services. 

Pack, it could be argued, is starting to look over the hill, and we got a decent whack for him. 

Just a slight change to read it like this. Palmer is IMO a useful, game-changing sub. A useful ace to have up our sleeves. If he could start games with the same impact that he shows in the final half hour, he'd be a great player. Perhaps we don't need two of those? 

15 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

£20m Webster + £13m Kelly + £1m Eisa ( all lower end of estimated fees) = £34m excluding Pack.

So you're saying our profit could be £13m up front with potential of up to £27m? [Loan fees not inc]

Surely that earns LJ another stay of execution when it comes to crunch time again!

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just a slight change to read it like this. Palmer is IMO a useful, game-changing sub. A useful ace to have up our sleeves. If he could start games with the same impact that he shows in the final half hour, he'd be a great player. Perhaps we don't need two of those? 

I don't think I've yet seen it in Palmer. In fact, I was entirely unconcerned about him remaining at the club.

However, I've seen it numerous times with Pato. He was one of the few to emerge with credit from the Palace debacle and his introduction alongside Eliasson gave us some respite in the Leeds game . Now he can do that on behalf of a direct rival. :dunno:

44 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

All entirely fair. One minor counterpoint - whatever people think about Warnock, he knows what it takes to get promoted from this league. He sees something in Pack which just makes me thoughtful. Mind you, Tomlin would imply he does not get them all right...

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Seems to be true, so £4M, albeit in instalments, for Pack is superb business. 

750 for him is an absolute bargain at this level. We need some steel in the midfield. If we go up you get more, but so be it, then a few million is chicken feed.  I didn’t even think you could get a non league player for that. We just sold ken zohore for 8 million and I can’t even recall him scoring, about 6 goals about 2 years ago and one fluke off his shin last year.....another 10 for bobby who hasn’t really shined, maybe that one season of 20 goals was a fluke after all. We shall see, a huge season for him.

44 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

750 for him is an absolute bargain at this level. We need some steel in the midfield. If we go up you get more, but so be it, then a few million is chicken feed.  I didn’t even think you could get a non league player for that. We just sold ken zohore for 8 million and I can’t even recall him scoring, about 6 goals about 2 years ago and one fluke off his shin last year.....another 10 for bobby who hasn’t really shined, maybe that one season of 20 goals was a fluke after all. We shall see, a huge season for him.

It’s not £4m with add-ons it’s £4m in instalments which is a big difference and probably to help your FFP.  Cash is probably a bit tight there after all the money you’ve paid us to recycle our waste. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

It’s not £4m with add-ons it’s £4m in instalments which is a big difference and probably to help your FFP.  Cash is probably a bit tight there after all the money you’ve paid us to recycle our waste. 

Money isn’t tight, in fact rumour is we made 100 million going up to the sunshine bollox league, we didn’t spend much bar 10 on Murphy and 8 on bobby and we’ve just got more than that back. Instalments always usually depend on how the club does, I hear it’s mainly on promotion so no doubt you will be backing Neil for number 10 hey?  

2 hours ago, eastonboy said:

I make it;

Kelly 15m + Add Ons (not 13m)

Webster 22m + Add Ons (not 20m)

Eisa 2m (we paid 1m for him)

Pack 4m (750k up front)

Total 43m plus the add ons

40 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Money isn’t tight, in fact rumour is we made 100 million going up to the sunshine bollox league, we didn’t spend much bar 10 on Murphy and 8 on bobby and we’ve just got more than that back. Instalments always usually depend on how the club does, I hear it’s mainly on promotion so no doubt you will be backing Neil for number 10 hey?  

I would rather go without the money than see Cardiff promoted again.

8 hours ago, mozo said:

So what is our overall summer balance sheet? @Davefevsperhaps has it logged?

Sorry been out since last night, and travelling back from Cornwall today....effin’ A30 and M5!!

8 hours ago, chucky said:

Bristol City - £7.88m profit

Fees received: £32.99m

Biggest sale: Adam Webster to Brighton, £19.67m

Fees spent: £25.11m

Biggest buy: Tomas Kalas, £8.1m

But I believe this doesn't include any loan fees.

I guess that’s from Transfermarkt?  Apologies if @Kid in the Riot has posted what he knows.....I'm way behind on OTIB today.  No idea of loan fees for Pereira and Afobe.

in terms of receipts:

Webster - £20.0m

Kelly - £15.0m

Pack - £4.0m (is that true....BBC Bristol Sport reporting in Twitter)

Eisa - £1.5m (based on record for Peterborough and previous £1.25m)

Freeman - £0.525m (based on 15% of £4.0m minus £0.5m)

So total of:

£41.025m

Outgoings:

Bentley £3.0m (reported as £2.0m and £4.0m)

Gilmartin / Rowe - free

Dasilva - £2.0m

Kalas - £7.0m

Szmodics - £0.75m

Palmer £3.5m

Massengo £7.5m (rumoured €8.0m But not mentioned as a record fee?)

Nagy - £2.5m

Total:

£26.25m

I knew me making up random transfer fees yesterday would prove to be just as accurate as those who 'had heard' from various nameless informants the figure of 750k.

Next week, I might start a thread on the fictitious wage packets of people and agents I have never met. I mean, we all know exactly what our colleagues are earning, right?

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I knew me making up random transfer fees yesterday would prove to be just as accurate as those who 'had heard' from various nameless informants the figure of 750k.

Next week, I might start a thread on the fictitious wage packets of people and agents I have never met. I mean, we all know exactly what our colleagues are earning, right?

Your first spurious figure yesterday was actually pretty close. Well done sir, you made us a few million yesterday. ?

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Probably glad to be leaving somewhere where 90% of the fans don’t rate him and slag him off for misplacing 2 passes out of 75 per game. 

I’m convinced Pack was gonna be a massive ‘boo-boy’ this season (more so than he already was) and I think he’s best off out of it. It was gonna get poisonous. 

I said the same m8 - it would have happened!

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry been out since last night, and travelling back from Cornwall today....effin’ A30 and M5!!

I guess that’s from Transfermarkt?  Apologies if @Kid in the Riot has posted what he knows.....I'm way behind on OTIB today.  No idea of loan fees for Pereira and Afobe.

in terms of receipts:

Webster - £20.0m

Kelly - £15.0m

Pack - £4.0m (is that true....BBC Bristol Sport reporting in Twitter)

Eisa - £1.5m (based on record for Peterborough and previous £1.25m)

Freeman - £0.525m (based on 15% of £4.0m minus £0.5m)

So total of:

£41.025m

Outgoings:

Bentley £3.0m (reported as £2.0m and £4.0m)

Gilmartin / Rowe - free

Dasilva - £2.0m

Kalas - £7.0m

Szmodics - £0.75m

Palmer £3.5m

Massengo £7.5m (rumoured €8.0m But not mentioned as a record fee?)

Nagy - £2.5m

Total:

£26.25m

Cheers buddy. 

Seems the hotly disputed figure is the Massengo up front spend.

Hell of a summer. A squad revamp and a huge (for us) profit that could go towards the training facilities, a future striker purchase or just to balance the FFP books.

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Your first spurious figure yesterday was actually pretty close. Well done sir, you made us a few million yesterday. ?

With my accuracy in guessing transfer fees and my fag-break-to-assist-ratio I am probably the most in the know and valued member of the squad.

Archived