IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

WRERE

39 minutes ago, mozo said:

Cheers buddy. 

Seems the hotly disputed figure is the Massengo up front spend.

Hell of a summer. A squad revamp and a huge (for us) profit that could go towards the training facilities, a future striker purchase or just to balance the FFP books.

Ta, just seen the stuff Re £2.7m for Massengo.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry been out since last night, and travelling back from Cornwall today....effin’ A30 and M5!!

I guess that’s from Transfermarkt?  Apologies if @Kid in the Riot has posted what he knows.....I'm way behind on OTIB today.  No idea of loan fees for Pereira and Afobe.

in terms of receipts:

Webster - £20.0m

Kelly - £15.0m

Pack - £4.0m (is that true....BBC Bristol Sport reporting in Twitter)

Eisa - £1.5m (based on record for Peterborough and previous £1.25m)

Freeman - £0.525m (based on 15% of £4.0m minus £0.5m)

So total of:

£41.025m

Outgoings:

Bentley £3.0m (reported as £2.0m and £4.0m)

Gilmartin / Rowe - free

Dasilva - £2.0m

Kalas - £7.0m

Szmodics - £0.75m

Palmer £3.5m

Massengo £7.5m (rumoured €8.0m But not mentioned as a record fee?)

Nagy - £2.5m

Total:

£26.25m

Massengo according to Gregor only 3m euros 

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ta, just seen the stuff Re £2.7m for Massengo.

LJ has seen him train and is now trying to lower expectations.......He's using Gregor as t h e conduit to get this narrative out there !!!

When he signed it was look at us doing business with clubs like Monaco and paying record fees.

26 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

LJ has seen him train and is now trying to lower expectations.......He's using Gregor as t h e conduit to get this narrative out there !!!

When he signed it was look at us doing business with clubs like Monaco and paying record fees.

Careful- some people thing this 18 years old, with 8 professional games to his name, is going to be our saviour!!!! 

7 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

I hear it’s mainly on promotion so no doubt you will be backing Neil for number 10 hey?  

Look, I’ve long been an advocate of NW on here - at various times over the years I’ve thought he’s just what we need to get into the promised land.

Even so, I have to ask, how do you figure his next promotion will be ‘number 10’ ??

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry been out since last night, and travelling back from Cornwall today....effin’ A30 and M5!!

I guess that’s from Transfermarkt?  Apologies if @Kid in the Riot has posted what he knows.....I'm way behind on OTIB today.  No idea of loan fees for Pereira and Afobe.

in terms of receipts:

Webster - £20.0m

Kelly - £15.0m

Pack - £4.0m (is that true....BBC Bristol Sport reporting in Twitter)

Eisa - £1.5m (based on record for Peterborough and previous £1.25m)

Freeman - £0.525m (based on 15% of £4.0m minus £0.5m)

So total of:

£41.025m

Outgoings:

Bentley £3.0m (reported as £2.0m and £4.0m)

Gilmartin / Rowe - free

Dasilva - £2.0m

Kalas - £7.0m

Szmodics - £0.75m

Palmer £3.5m

Massengo £7.5m (rumoured €8.0m But not mentioned as a record fee?)

Nagy - £2.5m

Total:

£26.25m

I thought Webster went for £22m?! And didn’t we spend £8m on Kalas - Apologies if I’ve got this wrong ...

On 08/08/2019 at 19:01, cityexile said:

Seems wrong to let the moment pass without recognising his contribution over the years. New chapter for him and us now, but been a main stay, and one of the last of ‘that’ squad. 

Wasnt that bad a league one side was it.

Thanks, and all the best.

Frank Fielding

Mark Little 

Derrick Williams

Aden Flint

Korey Smith

Wade Elliott

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Scott Wagstaff

Luke Freeman

Greg Cunningham

Aaron Wilbraham

Kieran Agard

Wesley Burns

Marlon Pack

Luke Ayling

Joe Bryan

Great acknowledgement.

Funnily enough I actually thanked the 'Gaffer' of that team in person recently when I bumped into him in the soft furnishings department at John Lewis! It transpired we had both misplaced our wives in said department store so there he was looking at pillows.

I apologised for interrupting his bedding shopping at which he chuckled as he stood there casually in his polo shirt, shorts and flip-flops. I thanked him for one of the most memorable periods in my lifetime as a City fan at which he was most humbled and thankful.

I said I would leave him to his shopping ?

Hopeful that Massengo will play in midweek in the cup and show what he’s all about as I still think with him Nagy & Palmer the inter play and quality of play will move up another level 

Pack whilst a decent midfielder and anchorman, the midfield we have now is far more dynamic and fluid 

I was a Marlon fan, but I accepted we needed to upgrade and I was impressed with Nagy today- My only concern is he will need a “bruiser” type next to him for some games vs the more physical teams, ironically the likes of Cardiff. 

For me this highlights the Brownhill has been under par for sometime now, again today. Hopefully the competition for places now wakes him up and we see him return to his best 

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought Webster went for £22m?! And didn’t we spend £8m on Kalas - Apologies if I’ve got this wrong ...

There were two possible fees reported for Webster.

The £20m one.

Or the £22m one to which you refer IIRC was £22m or should that read UP TO £22m- an initial £18m and add-ons could take it to £22m.

On that note, was the £10m or so with Reid a straight fee or once again up to £10m with add on clauses? Always thought it was the latter.

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The £20m one.

Or the £22m one to which you refer IIRC was £22m or should that read UP TO £22m- an initial £18m and add-ons could take it to £22m.

Yep, all makes sense, but @Fontaineofallknowledge called me ‘pal’ when I questioned his understanding of the fee from his ‘sources’ - he said the Webster fee was £25m - which included all the add ons .... surely he can’t have got that incorrect - because he’s defo ITK as he says he has ‘sources’ (plural!)

Mind you, his ‘sources’ told him Semenyo and Walsh were going to Torquay and also that we were after Tomer Hemed ... so I think your summary of the Webster transfer fee is probably more accurate ... and it also makes a mockery of his ‘username’ - even though it’s ‘hilariously’ linked to a Ross County defender ...

Impressive player for us- may have seen him and perhaps us hit greater heights had we let him play in a bona fide 3.

I was hopeful with the signing of Nagy that could free him up, 5-10 yards higher up the pitch more consistently- could have been interesting to see!

Thanks Marlon-shame you went to Cardiff. I do hope this sale won't prove to be a mistake.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The £20m one.

On that note, was the £10m or so with Reid a straight fee or once again up to £10m with add on clauses? Always thought it was the latter.

I have Reid down as £9m plus £1m add-ons (e.g. staying up)

I have Webster down as £20m plus £5m add-ons

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, all makes sense, but @Fontaineofallknowledge called me ‘pal’ when I questioned his understanding of the fee from his ‘sources’ - he said the Webster fee was £25m - which included all the add ons .... surely he can’t have got that incorrect - because he’s defo ITK as he says he has ‘sources’ (plural!)

Mind you, his ‘sources’ told him Semenyo and Walsh were going to Torquay and also that we were after Tomer Hemed ... so I think your summary of the Webster transfer fee is probably more accurate ... and it also makes a mockery of his ‘username’ - even though it’s ‘hilariously’ linked to a Ross County defender ...

Lansdown confirmed the fee was £20m. Believe that was the upfront cost and there are a few add ons-not really hard to grasp is it pal?

the Torquay signings was a joke (too subtle for you clearly) and we were considering Hemed (he was on the list) the fact we didn’t sign him doesn’t disprove that I’m afraid.

You still bitter because of that large slice of humble pie and had after saying I was making the Webster to Brighton transfer up? Sitting a bit heavy is it?

On pack he needed to be moved on and was best for all parties. Whilst we will miss his character, work rate and Ariel presence he is the slowest midfielder in the league pace wise and slowed the play down too much. Johnson rightly identified that and replaced with Nagy to increase our tempo.

What is disappointing is the timing, assuming this wasn’t a knee jerk reaction from the Leeds game (pack was awful) then could we have not shipped out in the summer and got Nagy in earlier? Appreciate it often doesn’t work out like that but pre-season was basically a waste of time not we have changed personnel/formation!

Club legend that was at the heart of a great few years for us but it was time to thank him and move on. Pleased that he’s had a pay rise so will get some sort of payday.

27 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You mean a side that will become successful?

No, a side that will play more physical football.

A side that uses robust centre midfielders to get a physical advantage over their opponents. 

LJ needs midfielders who are quicker and more energetic, qualities which Marlon doesn’t bring

Archived