Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

WRERE

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

40 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Money isn’t tight, in fact rumour is we made 100 million going up to the sunshine bollox league, we didn’t spend much bar 10 on Murphy and 8 on bobby and we’ve just got more than that back. Instalments always usually depend on how the club does, I hear it’s mainly on promotion so no doubt you will be backing Neil for number 10 hey?  

I would rather go without the money than see Cardiff promoted again.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mozo said:

So what is our overall summer balance sheet? @Davefevsperhaps has it logged?

Sorry been out since last night, and travelling back from Cornwall today....effin’ A30 and M5!!

8 hours ago, chucky said:

Bristol City - £7.88m profit

Fees received: £32.99m

Biggest sale: Adam Webster to Brighton, £19.67m

Fees spent: £25.11m

Biggest buy: Tomas Kalas, £8.1m

But I believe this doesn't include any loan fees.

I guess that’s from Transfermarkt?  Apologies if @Kid in the Riot has posted what he knows.....I'm way behind on OTIB today.  No idea of loan fees for Pereira and Afobe.

in terms of receipts:

Webster - £20.0m

Kelly - £15.0m

Pack - £4.0m (is that true....BBC Bristol Sport reporting in Twitter)

Eisa - £1.5m (based on record for Peterborough and previous £1.25m)

Freeman - £0.525m (based on 15% of £4.0m minus £0.5m)

So total of:

£41.025m

Outgoings:

Bentley £3.0m (reported as £2.0m and £4.0m)

Gilmartin / Rowe - free

Dasilva - £2.0m

Kalas - £7.0m

Szmodics - £0.75m

Palmer £3.5m

Massengo £7.5m (rumoured €8.0m But not mentioned as a record fee?)

Nagy - £2.5m

Total:

£26.25m

• Like 1

I knew me making up random transfer fees yesterday would prove to be just as accurate as those who 'had heard' from various nameless informants the figure of 750k.

Next week, I might start a thread on the fictitious wage packets of people and agents I have never met. I mean, we all know exactly what our colleagues are earning, right?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I knew me making up random transfer fees yesterday would prove to be just as accurate as those who 'had heard' from various nameless informants the figure of 750k.

Next week, I might start a thread on the fictitious wage packets of people and agents I have never met. I mean, we all know exactly what our colleagues are earning, right?

Your first spurious figure yesterday was actually pretty close. Well done sir, you made us a few million yesterday. 😀

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Probably glad to be leaving somewhere where 90% of the fans don’t rate him and slag him off for misplacing 2 passes out of 75 per game. 

I’m convinced Pack was gonna be a massive ‘boo-boy’ this season (more so than he already was) and I think he’s best off out of it. It was gonna get poisonous. 

I said the same m8 - it would have happened!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry been out since last night, and travelling back from Cornwall today....effin’ A30 and M5!!

I guess that’s from Transfermarkt?  Apologies if @Kid in the Riot has posted what he knows.....I'm way behind on OTIB today.  No idea of loan fees for Pereira and Afobe.

in terms of receipts:

Webster - £20.0m

Kelly - £15.0m

So total of:

£41.025m

Outgoings:

Gilmartin / Rowe - free

Dasilva - £2.0m

Kalas - £7.0m

Szmodics - £0.75m

Palmer £3.5m

Nagy - £2.5m

Total:

£26.25m

Cheers buddy. 

Seems the hotly disputed figure is the Massengo up front spend.

Hell of a summer. A squad revamp and a huge (for us) profit that could go towards the training facilities, a future striker purchase or just to balance the FFP books.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

8.5 million paid for Bobby according to Colin

““I could see Bobby was a little bit below par this pre-season, since the conversation with the agent.”

Um.

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Your first spurious figure yesterday was actually pretty close. Well done sir, you made us a few million yesterday. 😀

With my accuracy in guessing transfer fees and my fag-break-to-assist-ratio I am probably the most in the know and valued member of the squad.

• Robin 1

On 08/08/2019 at 17:31, Redwhitepurple said:

Pleeeeeeeease be true. Ill donate £100 to charity by 11pm tonight if thr gods can make this happen

Which charity did you donate to?

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

'Marlon is just what I was looking for' :laugh:

Obviously looking to slow down their pattern of play and exploit the options left, right or behind.

39 minutes ago, mozo said:

Cheers buddy. 

Seems the hotly disputed figure is the Massengo up front spend.

Hell of a summer. A squad revamp and a huge (for us) profit that could go towards the training facilities, a future striker purchase or just to balance the FFP books.

Ta, just seen the stuff Re £2.7m for Massengo.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

in terms of receipts:

Webster - £20.0m

Kelly - £15.0m

So total of:

£41.025m

Outgoings:

Gilmartin / Rowe - free

Dasilva - £2.0m

Kalas - £7.0m

Szmodics - £0.75m

Palmer £3.5m

Nagy - £2.5m

Total:

£26.25m

Massengo according to Gregor only 3m euros 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ta, just seen the stuff Re £2.7m for Massengo.

LJ has seen him train and is now trying to lower expectations.......He's using Gregor as t h e conduit to get this narrative out there !!!

When he signed it was look at us doing business with clubs like Monaco and paying record fees.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Rovers 4

26 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

LJ has seen him train and is now trying to lower expectations.......He's using Gregor as t h e conduit to get this narrative out there !!!

When he signed it was look at us doing business with clubs like Monaco and paying record fees.

Careful- some people thing this 18 years old, with 8 professional games to his name, is going to be our saviour!!!! 

• Hmmm 1
  • Rovers 1

7 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

I hear it’s mainly on promotion so no doubt you will be backing Neil for number 10 hey?  

Look, I’ve long been an advocate of NW on here - at various times over the years I’ve thought he’s just what we need to get into the promised land.

Even so, I have to ask, how do you figure his next promotion will be ‘number 10’ ??

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

in terms of receipts:

Webster - £20.0m

Kelly - £15.0m

So total of:

£41.025m

Outgoings:

Gilmartin / Rowe - free

Dasilva - £2.0m

Kalas - £7.0m

Szmodics - £0.75m

Palmer £3.5m

Nagy - £2.5m

Total:

£26.25m

I thought Webster went for £22m?! And didn’t we spend £8m on Kalas - Apologies if I’ve got this wrong ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

On 08/08/2019 at 19:01, cityexile said:

Seems wrong to let the moment pass without recognising his contribution over the years. New chapter for him and us now, but been a main stay, and one of the last of ‘that’ squad. 

Wasnt that bad a league one side was it.

Thanks, and all the best.

Frank Fielding

Mark Little 

Derrick Williams

Aden Flint

Korey Smith

Wade Elliott

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Scott Wagstaff

Luke Freeman

Greg Cunningham

Aaron Wilbraham

Kieran Agard

Wesley Burns

Marlon Pack

Luke Ayling

Joe Bryan

Great acknowledgement.

Funnily enough I actually thanked the 'Gaffer' of that team in person recently when I bumped into him in the soft furnishings department at John Lewis! It transpired we had both misplaced our wives in said department store so there he was looking at pillows.

I apologised for interrupting his bedding shopping at which he chuckled as he stood there casually in his polo shirt, shorts and flip-flops. I thanked him for one of the most memorable periods in my lifetime as a City fan at which he was most humbled and thankful.

I said I would leave him to his shopping 😀

Edited by RaspberryRed
  • Like 4

Just now, Edge1981 said:

Cardiff fans waxing lyrical over his performance today. Man of the match and didn’t put a foot wrong

Same as ours re Nagy 😂😂😂

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Cardiff fans waxing lyrical over his performance today. Man of the match and didn’t put a foot wrong

Hes perfect for a warnock side. Not a lj side.

• Thanks 1

Hopeful that Massengo will play in midweek in the cup and show what he’s all about as I still think with him Nagy & Palmer the inter play and quality of play will move up another level 

Pack whilst a decent midfielder and anchorman, the midfield we have now is far more dynamic and fluid 

Edited by INCRED
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Edge1981 said:

Maybe could of been a ball playing centre half? Just a thought. COYR 

2 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Maybe could of been a ball playing centre half? Just a thought. COYR 

I’ve always said that Pack would’ve made a brilliant centre back. 

• Like 5

I was a Marlon fan, but I accepted we needed to upgrade and I was impressed with Nagy today- My only concern is he will need a “bruiser” type next to him for some games vs the more physical teams, ironically the likes of Cardiff. 

For me this highlights the Brownhill has been under par for sometime now, again today. Hopefully the competition for places now wakes him up and we see him return to his best 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought Webster went for £22m?! And didn’t we spend £8m on Kalas - Apologies if I’ve got this wrong ...

There were two possible fees reported for Webster.

The £20m one.

Or the £22m one to which you refer IIRC was £22m or should that read UP TO £22m- an initial £18m and add-ons could take it to £22m.

On that note, was the £10m or so with Reid a straight fee or once again up to £10m with add on clauses? Always thought it was the latter.

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The £20m one.

Or the £22m one to which you refer IIRC was £22m or should that read UP TO £22m- an initial £18m and add-ons could take it to £22m.

Yep, all makes sense, but @Fontaineofallknowledge called me ‘pal’ when I questioned his understanding of the fee from his ‘sources’ - he said the Webster fee was £25m - which included all the add ons .... surely he can’t have got that incorrect - because he’s defo ITK as he says he has ‘sources’ (plural!)

Mind you, his ‘sources’ told him Semenyo and Walsh were going to Torquay and also that we were after Tomer Hemed ... so I think your summary of the Webster transfer fee is probably more accurate ... and it also makes a mockery of his ‘username’ - even though it’s ‘hilariously’ linked to a Ross County defender ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Whatever, this is Marlon Pack, quality League 1 player, decent Championship player.

Thought himself he was touching Premier League player after Pep said he was a good player, Never the same since...

Great Guy, did good job for us, cheers.

• Like 2

On 09/08/2019 at 17:04, RedM said:

I would rather go without the money than see Cardiff promoted again.

I’m still waiting for the ‘riot’ they promised if Malky MacKay was sacked ...

Impressive player for us- may have seen him and perhaps us hit greater heights had we let him play in a bona fide 3.

I was hopeful with the signing of Nagy that could free him up, 5-10 yards higher up the pitch more consistently- could have been interesting to see!

Thanks Marlon-shame you went to Cardiff. I do hope this sale won't prove to be a mistake.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The £20m one.

On that note, was the £10m or so with Reid a straight fee or once again up to £10m with add on clauses? Always thought it was the latter.

I have Reid down as £9m plus £1m add-ons (e.g. staying up)

I have Webster down as £20m plus £5m add-ons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, all makes sense, but @Fontaineofallknowledge called me ‘pal’ when I questioned his understanding of the fee from his ‘sources’ - he said the Webster fee was £25m - which included all the add ons .... surely he can’t have got that incorrect - because he’s defo ITK as he says he has ‘sources’ (plural!)

Mind you, his ‘sources’ told him Semenyo and Walsh were going to Torquay and also that we were after Tomer Hemed ... so I think your summary of the Webster transfer fee is probably more accurate ... and it also makes a mockery of his ‘username’ - even though it’s ‘hilariously’ linked to a Ross County defender ...

Lansdown confirmed the fee was £20m. Believe that was the upfront cost and there are a few add ons-not really hard to grasp is it pal?

the Torquay signings was a joke (too subtle for you clearly) and we were considering Hemed (he was on the list) the fact we didn’t sign him doesn’t disprove that I’m afraid.

You still bitter because of that large slice of humble pie and had after saying I was making the Webster to Brighton transfer up? Sitting a bit heavy is it?

Edited by Fontaineofallknowledge

On pack he needed to be moved on and was best for all parties. Whilst we will miss his character, work rate and Ariel presence he is the slowest midfielder in the league pace wise and slowed the play down too much. Johnson rightly identified that and replaced with Nagy to increase our tempo.

What is disappointing is the timing, assuming this wasn’t a knee jerk reaction from the Leeds game (pack was awful) then could we have not shipped out in the summer and got Nagy in earlier? Appreciate it often doesn’t work out like that but pre-season was basically a waste of time not we have changed personnel/formation!

Club legend that was at the heart of a great few years for us but it was time to thank him and move on. Pleased that he’s had a pay rise so will get some sort of payday.

Edited by Fontaineofallknowledge

27 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You mean a side that will become successful?

No, a side that will play more physical football.

A side that uses robust centre midfielders to get a physical advantage over their opponents. 

LJ needs midfielders who are quicker and more energetic, qualities which Marlon doesn’t bring

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

No, a side that will play more physical football.

A side that uses robust centre midfielders to get a physical advantage over their opponents. 

LJ needs midfielders who are quicker and more energetic, qualities which Marlon doesn’t bring

I’d assume so ,but

If that is the case , why has LJ built his side around MP for the whole of his tenure to date ?

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If that is the case , why has LJ built his side around MP for the whole of his tenure to date ?

Because he could ‘trust’ him. Glad he’s moved on though personally. Appreciate what he did for us but always found his lack of speed (physical and thought) frustrating. Will work well in a Warnock team though, I reckon. 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d assume so ,but

Probably because he was such an integral part of Cotterills side whilst at the same time he was never going to command a big fee so selling him before would have been pointless. 

Now, we’ve moved on and are looking at the play offs, and I don’t see Marlon as a player who will take us there. However, for a lower half championship side (which we were for the first couple of years of LJs reign) he was perfect

9 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Because he could ‘trust’ him. Glad he’s moved on though personally. Appreciate what he did for us but always found his lack of speed (physical and thought) frustrating. Will work well in a Warnock team though, I reckon. 

Possibly 

i didn’t think he was the future , moving forward, and exposed in Leeds game

Sounding to LJs pre match it sounded like he didn’t want to lose him

It would have been interesting to have seen him with Nagy & JB

Have a feeling MP was happy to go and I don’t believe that it was a sudden deadline day move by Warnock

Id be surprised if ex Cotterill teammates didn’t have a hand in a couple of ‘ sounding out ‘ players and transfers  this summer

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Probably because he was such an integral part of Cotterills side whilst at the same time he was never going to command a big fee so selling him before would have been pointless. 

Now, we’ve moved on and are looking at the play offs, and I don’t see Marlon as a player who will take us there. However, for a lower half championship side (which we were for the first couple of years of LJs reign) he was perfect

Edited by BobBobSuperBob