IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

WRERE

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Walsh isnt good enough, Korey is out for another 6 months, Bakinson isnt ready 

Disagree about Walsh but respect your opinion.

I was a big supporter of Pack but I think he's down his time with us.  Like someone else said i think it would have been good to ease in the new lads.

9 minutes ago, SnozRobin said:

Where did you hear that? Seems highly unlikely 

I MADE IT UP.

Just like Mr 750k did.

I amended the figure because I was CRAVING ATTENTION.

None of us know, but if the club are happy with the bid and they did a deal, who are we question it?

OOH! 28 MILLION.

This will be a ‘wait and see’ move for me.

Great servant to the club and put in some great performances over the years, but I think people stating this is a terrible, awful decision are not acknowledging his weaknesses.

We’ve brought in some very exciting midfield talent this window; could be that had Pack not left he could have been back up by January, so let’s get behind the new faces and hope this move pays off.

Walsh isnt good enough, Korey is out for another 6 months, Bakinson isnt ready 

Disagree about Walsh but respect your opinion.

I was a big supporter of Pack but I think he's down his time with us.  Like someone else said i think it would have been good to ease in the new lads.

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Flint, Morrison with Pack in front of them. It’s a fast teams dream to play against. Let’s get ready for Warnock Rotherham set up part 2 

Very much looking forward to playing against Cardiff now.

14 minutes ago, Lez said:

Harry is probably crying into his Marlon shrine. 

In all seriousness a good bloke but severely limited.

“Severely limited “ is very harsh. Recent criticism on here has been disproportionate and excessive. Granted he struggled Saturday. Name me someone who didn’t. He’s been flogged to death for the last two seasons because he’s been the best and most important midfielder at the club, as well as having to shoulder the responsibility of captaincy. This is the thanks he gets.

It feels to me like he’s been hung out to dry. If it’s true the fee is as low as £750K, then that’s almost insulting to a bloke who’s still a very good Championship player. With a bloated squad after this week’s late frenetic activity and very few outgoings, this seems like a rushed decision by a club desperate to lighten it’s wage bill. He’s very unlucky to find himself one of those sacrificed.

The incoming players sound exciting and I’m not finding fault with the recruitment, but new arrivals, especially foreign ones, need time to bed in and they may not have that luxury if Pack and Pato are out the door. If they don’t hit the ground running, this hasty departure may come back to bite us on the arse.

In the immortal words of Joni Mitchell, “you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone “. 

2 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

“Severely limited “ is very harsh. Recent criticism on here has been disproportionate and excessive. Granted he struggled Saturday. Name me someone who didn’t. He’s been flogged to death for the last two seasons because he’s been the best and most important midfielder at the club, as well as having to shoulder the responsibility of captaincy. This is the thanks he gets.

It feels to me like he’s been hung out to dry. If it’s true the fee is as low as £750K, then that’s almost insulting to a bloke who’s still a very good Championship player. With a bloated squad after this week’s late frenetic activity and very few outgoings, this seems like a rushed decision by a club desperate to lighten it’s wage bill. He’s very unlucky to find himself one of those sacrificed.

The incoming players sound exciting and I’m not finding fault with the recruitment, but new arrivals, especially foreign ones, need time to bed in and they may not have that luxury if Pack and Pato are out the door. If they don’t hit the ground running, this hasty departure may come back to bite us on the arse.

In the immortal words of Joni Mitchell, “you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone “. 

I think your final paragraph is irrelevant for those of us who have seen us and championship foothall over the years. We know exactly what we will miss, and i do think he would be a useful optiom off the bench. Especially when tightening a game up.

But that's it, off the bench.....so to get a good offer for all involved makes perfect sense to get rid.

23 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Hearing that pack didn’t want to go was forced to as on the most and had to cut back.. sure happy he got more money... but actually didn’t want to leave... hence why Walsh or bakinson didn’t go out on loan as pack was dragging his heels...

believe the other 2 will go out on loan though to league 1

like it, thanks mate. You hearing anything else? I'm hearing things too but I'm keeping this to meself for the moment.

6 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

We know what we had, and I'm delighted he's gone. 

Decent player, but had gone very stale here, not ever been convinced he was the guy to help push us forward.

He seemed undroppable so for him to be sold is a huge pleasant surprise.

6 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Alternatively a low fee was actually a mark of respect after his long service, allowing him to negotiate a better wage/signing on fee? 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

We know what we had, and I'm delighted he's gone. 

Decent player, but had gone very stale here, not ever been convinced he was the guy to help push us forward.

He seemed undroppable so for him to be sold is a huge, but pleasant surprise.

All about opinions, as people like to say on OTIB. We’ll agree to differ.

For me this kind of explains his poor game on Sunday, like Webster before him. 

Sad to see yet another player leave before reaching the highest level with us, but maybe he has reached his highest level already

30 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Hearing that pack didn’t want to go was forced to as on the most and had to cut back.. sure happy he got more money... but actually didn’t want to leave... hence why Walsh or bakinson didn’t go out on loan as pack was dragging his heels...

believe the other 2 will go out on loan though to league 1

Well we know this is bollocks then

I must confess that I am astonished by both sales, and it's a real gamble by the club.

Marlon is captain on the pitch and has become the go to senior player. His influence playing in the "quarterback role, a role LJ designed for him, meant that he was an integral part of Bristol City and a shoe in for every match.

Pato has got so much class, a very intelligent player who runs in between the lines. The one bit of criticism is he lacks consistency, AND he hates Derby!!!

I'm all for improving but with these player's departures very close to one another I feel we've lost our way, and with it our identity, especially as Pack didn't want to leave.

What happens if it takes time for the foreign lads to bed in? It's a hell of a price to pay for blowing up a really good chance of doing something meaningful this season. 

Ultimately I hope I'm proved wrong but I have this nagging doubt . . . 

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

I must confess that I am astonished by both sales, and it's a real gamble by the club.

Marlon is captain on the pitch and has become the go to senior player. His influence playing in the "quarterback role, a role LJ designed for him, meant that he was an integral part of Bristol City and a shoe in for every match.

Pato has got so much class, a very intelligent player who runs in between the lines. The one bit of criticism is he lacks consistency, AND he hates Derby!!!

I'm all for improving but with these player's departures very close to one another I feel we've lost our way, and with it our identity, especially as Pack didn't want to leave.

What happens if it takes time for the foreign lads to bed in? It's a hell of a price to pay for blowing up a really good chance of doing something meaningful this season. 

And you are overlooking the fact they probably both got air miles following pre season.

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

If Pack didn't want to leave I'd be interested in who exactly wanted him to go...and why? He takes a great deal of character with him.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

If Pack didn't want to leave I'd be interested in who exactly wanted him to go...and why? He takes a great deal of character with him.

He’s 28 and wants to play first team football, in the space of 3 days he’s found himself 4th choice soon to become 5th choice when Korey is back,

cardiff come in with a bid that’s too good to turn down 6 mill according to some, that’s a hell of a profit on a player who is 4th choice

Archived