Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

WRERE

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

Pack has been a great & successful servant for this club but we have had his best years & our monies worth. If we had to sell either Pack or Brownhill today to ease the wage bill then I think we have got the right result. 

The fee will be interesting & could make our day given that from the outside he appears to be at his peak!

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, he was way off the pace and almost anonymous for most of the game.

Best of luck to him if he's off, great service to the club.

Yes! Best of luck, Marlon. 

This is a ridiculous move imo. We all know he has some limitations but Pack has been ever present for us for years now, and everything goes through him. Overall he’s a good player. 

To sell him now, to them of all teams, seems beyond reckless to me. If the new lads don’t settle I genuinely fear for us. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, INB Red said:

Players flop though. It happens. I’m hopeful, just a little wary.

True, but given what we've seen/read from a few different sources, I could only see Nagy flopping if he's incorrectly utilised. As I said, with Massengo it's more unsure, and obviously new players means longer gelling time.

This window has the potential to be the best in our recent history. All that needs to happen is for Afobe to score on his debut for people to calm down and see what good/exciting signings we've made.

• Like 1

Mental to sell him. We have improved every season since he has been here and he is our captain and leader. Who knows if these new players will settle and be any good in the championship. Pack is under rated and we will realise what we had now he has gone. Bad bad move!! 

Gave good service to the club. The 3x midfield upgrades will make a massive difference to the others around them, playing with more pace, more opportunity for turnovers, runs spotted earlier. Until some fans see this they won’t realise what we’ve been missing. Pack good at picking a pass but needs too long to do it.

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Odds on Kalas new captain Westy

Doesn’t strike me as captain material

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Walsh isnt good enough, Korey is out for another 6 months, Bakinson isnt ready 

makes absolutely no sense to me, unless for good money, even then we cant ******* spend it!

On the face of it, the timing is very strange.

Is there any rumoured figures on how much they may have paid if they have? What would everyone accept as a good deal?

He’s getting older now and with our transfer policy it probably makes sense to sell if the money is right.

• Like 1

If we want to progress then he needed replacing. We've signed a few good midfielders with better qualities so will be interesting to see if our play changes to a better passing one. 

Thanks Marlon, great servant to help us into this league and stay in it. But Nagy sounds like an upgrade by a mile, can run for miles and win the ball at ease. And looks like a great passer and all round midfielder. I think if we can manage to get Brownhill and Massengo in a 4-3-3 or a formation that accommodates the three of them, we could have an excellent midfield. 

Sad to see "the master of the disguided reverse pass (v.Man Utd)" going but Nagy looks a hard nut and the young nippy kiddies from abroad may make a splendid midfield with him. All in the lap of the gods. Can Johnson manage all this change?

1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Thanks Marlon, great servant to help us into this league and stay in it. But Nagy sounds like an upgrade by a mile, can run for miles and win the ball at ease. And looks like a great passer and all round midfielder. I think if we can manage to get Brownhill and Massengo in a 4-3-3 or a formation that accommodates the three of them, we could have an excellent midfield. 

And yet a manager with more promotions than anyone else sees him as a man to help an attempt at promotion. Curious.  

Just now, Mendip City said:

And yet a manager with more promotions than anyone else sees him as a man to help an attempt at promotion. Curious.  

And yet we are selling him though? And not for mega bucks either. Clearly not wanted in the long term or fits what LJ is looking to do.

Great servant to the club, but with the Championship improving in quality year on year, it felt like it was getting more and more difficult for him to positively impact games IMO.

Right time to move on for me. Good luck Marlon.

Reid to Fulham still not confirmed? Wishful thinking on my part but hopefully the delays are because we’ve said to the sheep botherers that you can have him aslong as we have Reid in part exchange. 

Clearly wont happen though.

Just now, southvillekiddy said:

Can Johnson manage all this change?

well I feel for the bloke. Got a match in less than 48 hours and then we're into a quick run of midweek games...not a lot of time to integrate new players or devise a formation and tactics that suit them...or even get to know them!

• Like 1

I said the other day with Massenga and Nagy coming in it would not surprise me if some unexpected outgoings occurred. Didn’t think Pack though. That said he is the right age to sell and it probably doesn’t affect his personal life too much so win for both parties. 

I still expect another one or two outgoings abroad. Maybe Walsh to Scotland. Eliasson and maybe COD abroad. Then the loans of a few to L1 or lower. 

I felt he was very poor on Sunday, and feel this may be the right move.

That said, some people on here should show the guy respect though. Model-Pro in his time here, and when someone like Guardiola singles a player out for praise then you should take note.

Marlon - if this does turn out this way - thanks and good luck.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Great servant to the club, but with the Championship improving in quality year on year, it felt like it was getting more and more difficult for him to positively impact games IMO.

Right time to move on for me. Good luck Marlon.

Agree, he served his purpose and has contributed to the progress of the club

He won’t be a regular on the team sheet now and we need to move on 

I think we could clearly see on Sunday that Marlon is past his sell by date and the club have moved on

Thanks Marlon

1 minute ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I felt he was very poor on Sunday, and feel this may be the right move.

That said, some people on here should show the guy respect though. Model-Pro in his time here, and when someone like Guardiola singles a player out for praise then you should take note.

Marlon - if this does turn out this way - thanks and good luck.

That's always been his problem. Consistency. Great one week, crap the next

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I said the other day with Massenga and Nagy coming in it would not surprise me if some unexpected outgoings occurred. Didn’t think Pack though. That said he is the right age to sell and it probably doesn’t affect his personal life too much so win for both parties. 

I still expect another one or two outgoings abroad. Maybe Walsh to Scotland. Eliasson and maybe COD abroad. Then the loans of a few to L1 or lower. 

FFS no

16 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

well I feel for the bloke. Got a match in less than 48 hours and then we're into a quick run of midweek games...not a lot of time to integrate new players or devise a formation and tactics that suit them...or even get to know them!

Thank god for the Carabao Cup (Never thought I'd say that!)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Thank god for the Carabao Cup (Never thought I'd say that!)

yep - watching a match from the god-awful away end at QPR has suddenly become more attractive. Could see a lot of debuts on Tuesday!