Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

WRERE

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

22 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I felt he was very poor on Sunday, and feel this may be the right move.

That said, some people on here should show the guy respect though. Model-Pro in his time here, and when someone like Guardiola singles a player out for praise then you should take note.

Marlon - if this does turn out this way - thanks and good luck.

Totally agree. Yes he’s not the player he was, but give him some respect. Due to injuries in the team he has had to play more games and probably when sometimes he wasn’t 100% fit. Colin has obviously seen something in him, and it’s the fresh challenge he deserves,  He’s been a loyal servant and doesn’t deserve some of the vitriolic comments that have appeared on this forum.  Hope when he comes back down to the gate, we give him a standing ovation & round of applause in appreciation of his time with us. 

Edited by Redandwhitescarf
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Wiemann should be captain that boy gives his all , some players could learn alot from him.

13 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Haha yeah because I don’t like Weimann. Brilliant :laugh:

It's not all about you...

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Won't be a big fee. Would surprise me if it was over 1.5m. Not even worth selling imo

Can’t believe we would sell a 28 years old ever present club captain for that sort of fee. That would be insulting. For me under £5m would be extremely disappointing. MA generally gets a good price, especially from. Cardiff 

• Haha 2

No problem with selling him, has hit a ceiling - but he should have been upgraded at the start of the summer so the new boy (s) could learn the system. Huge gamble based on the timing.

and Cardiff of all clubs - soulless sham of a club 

3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Someone on twitter said 750k. Seems low

I would rather keep him if thats the price!

• Like 3

Surprised and annoyed at this, sure we have needed a upgrade on Marlon for sometime but his experience and strength will be missed in the middle of the park. Now we have to trust youngsters without any experience or knowledge of Championship football....hmmm.

Smacks me with "right LJ we need to trim our squad and i am going to sell the first person we get a offer for"

On the plus side i don't think he will improve Cardiff, just his pay cheque.....

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Wow big responsibility on massengas shoulders as will no doubt be him and brownhill in the middle now...would like to have kept pack as a squad player

Surely Nagy and Brown hill?

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Wow big responsibility on massengas shoulders as will no doubt be him and brownhill in the middle now...would like to have kept pack as a squad player

Why would it be Mass starting. I think it will be Nagy

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Don’t like the sound of that Massengas .

9 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Can’t believe we would sell a 28 years old ever present club captain for that sort of fee. That would be insulting. For me under £5m would be extremely disappointing. MA generally gets a good price, especially from. Cardiff 

5 million for pack 😂😂😂🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Someone on twitter said 750k. Seems low

How can we get more than £1M for Eisa, a reserve player going to League 1 and less for a proven Championship player signing for a Championship club. Something is rather odd if that’s the case. Must have been desperate to trim the wage bill

13 minutes ago, chowie said:

Yep, makes you feel like he wanted out, didn’t like the new competition 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Add in the fact he can reunite with Flinty who's practically family and doesn't need to relocate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Did we have a sell on? Could totally use 10% of £1m to add to our all important transfer kitty.

20% of £2m (£11m - £9m)???

5 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Or he had that as a buyout clause

If that wAs the case would have gone months ago. New contract in his prime with 750k sell on....would be amazed 

How is walsh's fitness ?  I Wouldnt be suprised to see him start whilst the new players are bedded in then again maybe Rowe is the experience we need for the short term

• Like 1

Seems wrong to let the moment pass without recognising his contribution over the years. New chapter for him and us now, but been a main stay, and one of the last of ‘that’ squad. 

Wasnt that bad a league one side was it.

Thanks, and all the best.

Frank Fielding

Mark Little 

Derrick Williams

Aden Flint

Korey Smith

Wade Elliott

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Scott Wagstaff

Luke Freeman

Greg Cunningham

Aaron Wilbraham

Kieran Agard

Wesley Burns

Marlon Pack

Luke Ayling

Joe Bryan

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 13
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

So, it’s 7pm and not announced. Does that’s mean it’s not happened?

Or they're waiting on a double announcement with Bobby on his way back home

16 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Do you think now we have had a proper look at massenga and happy with him and able to release pack?

Or pack realised there was serious competition and decided for a fresh challenge ? 

• Like 1

Gutted to some extent, I genuinely don’t think we appreciate how good he is. Technically the best player we have in my opinion, and one of the best we had since the days of Micky Bell and the Tin man.

However, I watched Hernandez (I think it was him, it was deffo a Leeds player anyway) glide past him on Saturday. Watching Pack try and catch him was like watching someone with two broken legs attempt to wade through treacle whilst wearing a pair of Cuba Gooding Juniors diving boots.

Sometimes we have to upgrade I guess and that doesn’t mean swapping squad players for squad players. This is a hard one if it happens as it’s to the head tappers, but I’m hoping Nagy and Massengo are going to prove to be big upgrades. Walsh to step up also.

Thanks Marlon, you’ve been class.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

An absolutely quality team...a real team. Watched most of their matches home and away that season. Happy days. 6-0 at Bradford...never to be bettered as a result in a crucial math surely?!

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Greg Cunningham

Was moved on to bring JET in, which I disagreed with as he was somewhat more consistent at his own level (in spite of the marquee moments JET brought). He's pissed us off since then a few times, mind.

A great servant but his adventure with City ends in a bitter way.

Head says selling him is OK,but heart...with bloody Cardiff involved... 

Fingers crossed about Nagy's impact into the team.

Appreciate everything Marlon has done for the club and I wish him well going forward (maybe not too well considering it’s cardiff).

However, this has to be the right decision, our midfield needs an overhaul just like our defence did last year when we sold Flint. Onwards and upwards! COYR!