IGNORED

MA, SL or LJ

BCFC1512

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He's a 26 year old with 36 goals in 106 games in the Championship and £34 million of transfer fees so far. How proven were you expecting?

Wiki says 6 goals in 26 games for Stoke last year.  How many did Fam score? Hardly sounds like an upgrade, but I will defer any views until he has played a few games for us.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wiki says 6 goals in 26 games for Stoke last year.  How many did Fam score? Hardly sounds like an upgrade, but I will defer any views until he has played a few games for us.

What reassures me is he says the same himself. He's had a dreadful three seasons and isn't pretending otherwise. But it sounds like he is working hard to get himself where he was. 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-benik-afobe-improvement-3087471

58 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Serious failure. I'll give initial credit for the signings, Kalas, Nagy, Dasilva.. among others excellent. But WE NEEDED A STRIKER. That cost us last season, so how on earth have they let that happen again. We won't get anywhere hoofing it up to Diedhou. 

We won't get anywhere hoofing it up to any striker. That's the point. That's why we've signed midfielders who will give us other options. 

25 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

Adobe is not the answer. The Stoke fans forum give him more stick than we give to Fammy. He is a very similar player to Fammy. Not the type of player we need at all. A last minute panic signing.

State of it. 

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Jesus, this forum is an embarrassment at times. 

Best transfer window I can remember for the recruitment of quality players, and still a total meltdown going on.

Indeed. All because we've not signed a 20 year old with only 8 first team appearances whose attitude appears to be such that didn't even have the courtesy to tell us he wasn't going to come to his medical. 

28 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

Adobe is not the answer. The Stoke fans forum give him more stick than we give to Fammy. He is a very similar player to Fammy. Not the type of player we need at all. A last minute panic signing.

He's a very different player to Fammy. Tough time at Stoke but did well at MK Dons and Wolves. We shall see. 

59 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Ashton is an embarrassment. Need to get rid of this overpaid, underperforming w***"r and get someone in who can actually do the job he clearly can't.

Another year of lumping the ball up to a lame donkey and any thoughts of promotion can now be forgotten.

I think the biggest problem is that you don't understand how transfer windows work or how a football club is run off the pitch. 

IF...

MA,SL or LJ did try to explain what went wrong (not a lot) during this transfer window whatever they say / even giving free season tickets and Clarks pies away, would not be good enough for some people on here who have never run their own business and had to negotiate deals. 

Besides the actual wage limits the major reason why alleged better players don’t want to join us is they see it as a backwater and too far from London or Manchester. 

So, we have no option but to build slowly but quickly as we’re allowed to under FFP, and get a team together who given upgrades over a few years will improve year on year - like what we’ve done!!!

Hopefully the new players we have brought in will give us more options to support different tactics for whoever is up front  

Good we have refreshed the midfield - on paper looks good.

Good we have refreshed the back line, although jury out on keeper and we desperately needed a pacy centre-back to replace Webby to complement Kalas.

Big fail on the forward line. Benik ok to alternate with Fammy, but we needed a fast ‘baller man up there. A little alarming that the likes of Reading, Wigan and Brentford secured their men and we were left waiting at the altar. Doesn’t look now like we have a Plan B (should be an A) for our attack. Risk being that we will see a continuation of the dire ‘hit and hope’ tactics of last Sunday rather than the slick ‘pass and move’ football of a couple seasons ago.

Loads of deadwood at the Club which we’ve failed to shift that isn’t great for team morale either. 

Forget the January window. We don’t do those. So, next Summer, for the love of God, make the attack the priority Mr Ashton.

23 minutes ago, pigeon said:

Mods, can we pin this thread. It's impeccable ?

anticipation popcorn GIF

yep - exactly this.

Isn't this what a football forum is supposed to be? - extreme reactions and people making outrageous posts they'll regret 5 minutes later!

All in a good spirit.

So SL, MA, and LJ get dogs abuse for failing to get the Nketiah who’s totally unproven deal over the line when imo we were shafted by Emery who’s helped out his lover at Leeds, yet we sign a proven goalscorer at this level and it’s not good enough? 

Belters.

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

So SL, MA, and LJ get dogs abuse for failing to get the Nketiah who’s totally unproven deal over the line when imo we were shafted by Emery who’s helped out his lover at Leeds, yet we sign a proven goalscorer at this level and it’s not good enough? 

Belters.

I fear a few comments were posted too soon!

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

What reassures me is he says the same himself. He's had a dreadful three seasons and isn't pretending otherwise. But it sounds like he is working hard to get himself where he was. 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-benik-afobe-improvement-3087471

Honest self-assessment - only bodes well if you ask me ?

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Ashton is an embarrassment. Need to get rid of this overpaid, underperforming w***"r and get someone in who can actually do the job he clearly can't.

Another year of lumping the ball up to a lame donkey and any thoughts of promotion can now be forgotten.

Oh dear someone’s forgot to take their medication!

Archived