IGNORED

Benik Afobe - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Selred

Hmm well im on the fence , im a little underwhelmed but he has lots of experience at this level , i see him more of compeition then the no.9 at this level . 

Hopefully we can get the best out of him though sadly wont stop our players from hoofing the ball!

Just now, cityloyal473 said:

Given the day we've had this is better than nothing.  If he finds his form he could be an astute signing, if he doesn't we send him back. Low risk for city.

i'd say it's fairly big risk as there's gonna be a shit load of pressure on him to be our best striker now, people broadly dont rate Fam or Taylor to score enough to take us up & Lansdown is adamant we need to finish 6th.

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

8 goals in 46 games for Stoke

and people said Fam didnt score enough...

If you take minutes played its actually 8 in the equivilent of 33 games, certainly has ability though if we can get the best out of him

This is obviously a gamble, considering recent form, but probably fits the bill for proven number 9 more than most in reality. Would much rather have a player slightly low on confidence but with proven goalscoring record than a player who was injury prone.

Powerful, can score goals, go for it. If he can be as good as Chris Iwelumo, love it.

Now I've settled down and thought about it, I'd rather have had Nketiah and I'm not going to pretend otherwise but I think I prefer this move to Wells or Rhodes, am as happy as I would have been with Wickham or Hugill and probably think it more sensible that an unproven striker. Hopefully Afobe feels he has a point to prove. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

i'd say it's fairly big risk as there's gonna be a shit load of pressure on him to be our best striker now, people broadly dont rate Fam or Taylor to score enough to take us up & Lansdown is adamant we need to finish 6th.

he may thrive on it - who knows?!

Archived