IGNORED

Benik Afobe - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Selred

9 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Sorry you are incorrect, the loan window closed the same time, you can only sign a unattached player

This really is get and body rather than no one, not impressed

I clearly know jack shit ?

1 minute ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

My Bournemouth mate said worse striker ever - couldn’t hit a cows ass with a banjo - usual shit-show from city ?

Maybe he said that. But we know he is better than that. He had 18 decent months with Wolves and earned a big money move to the Premier League. He isn't a Premier League striker but neither are Rhodes, Nakhi Wells, Jordan Hugill or most players we have been linked with. Let's see what happens. He has 36 goals in 106 games at this level, which is slightly better than one in three. It's not terrible. 

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

i'd say it's fairly big risk as there's gonna be a shit load of pressure on him to be our best striker now, people broadly dont rate Fam or Taylor to score enough to take us up & Lansdown is adamant we need to finish 6th.

Only as much pressure as would have been put on Nketiah. 

11 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Had a tough couple of seasons but is a number 9 and will hit double figures I reckon. Stoke a tough place to play last season.

I do think this signing was a long way down Johnson’s list of preferred strikers however.

Will hit double figures :laugh:. You'd expect a MIDFIELDER to hit double figures

6 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

Oh well!! Desperation by MA here. 

And what would you prefer...?! 

Not his fault we got shafted. 

Weve just signed a proven championship striker. Not first choice, but a decent addition all the same. 

Man we sign a player and he gets so much hate because he's not x or y. 

Afobe is a proven championship striker, he's been playing in a horrendous Stoke team (3 wins since Jones took over). 

If we can get him playing like he did at wolves then the goals will come. 

He's a good signing is he the 20 goal striker we all wanted? Time will tell. 

If this is true I’m not sure how I feel about this. I remember in league one he looked an outstanding talent, and repeated that form into the championship. 

However he’s had a poor spell since joining Bournemouth and then Stoke.

Ive always seen him as a powerful striker who was clinical (although my views about being clinical has been reserved after the last couple of seasons).

I’m welcoming of his signing, if it’s true, and will reserve my judgement on him as I think he’s a bit of a wildcard - I know I’m sitting on the fence! 

So funny seeing people moaning about this... We literally were down to the wire and we've pulled out Benik Afobe. Are any of you seriously suggesting we'd be better off with nothing, which is where we were about 45 minutes ago? 

Looking at our incomings and lack of outgoings this window, brilliant work by the club. Yes it would have been nice to have Nketiah, but we've got a proven Championship goal scorer and some fantastic additions to the rest of the team with Pereria, Masssengo, Nagy, and Afobe, all in the past 5 days!

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Maybe he said that. But we know he is better than that. He had 18 decent months with Wolves and earned a big money move to the Premier League. He isn't a Premier League striker but neither are Rhodes, Nakhi Wells, Jordan Hugill or most players we have been linked with. Let's see what happens. He has 36 goals in 106 games at this level, which is slightly better than one in three. It's not terrible. 

It's worse than Famara, and apparently he is awful .... 

1 minute ago, ProjectMayhem said:

The pessimism on here... 

Absolutely. Too many setting up to scream abuse at the club for not signing a striker and have now had to change it to getting angry about who we`ve actually signed.

FWIW I think he`s a good player who was shabbily treated by Wolves and Stoke and has a point to prove.

Welcome Benik, tear it up son!

Archived