IGNORED

Benik Afobe - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Selred

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

I'd take him 

I most certainly would not; from my Stoke pal:~

He`s shite, I`m afraid. Flatters to deceive. Utter shambles for us, despite numerous chances. Couldn`t even score from the penalty spot.

Yet another massive waste of money @ about 12 million.

9 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Option to purchase but I imagine he's on huge wages? Wouldn't surprise me if Stoke were paying him PL wages.

I don't know much about this lad's playstyle tbh, does be play like a target man similar to Famara? 

No. When on form, he's not that dissimilar from Nicky Maynard pre-injury. Quick, athletic, natural goalscorer and good finisher.

He has a couple of physical advantages on Maynard as he's decent in the air and puts himself about much more. Plays at his best when on the shoulder and with a hard working strike partner to do the hard running. Was excellent alongside Nouha Dicko with Bakary Sako feeding them both.

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

He`s shite, I`m afraid. Flatters to deceive. Utter shambles for us, despite numerous chances. Couldn`t even score from the penalty spot.

Wouldn't read into that too much. He had a terrible time at Stoke - off the pitch as well as on.

Better off asking a Wolves or MK Dons fan what he's like when on form.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Says himself he went through a tough time on and off the pitch last season. But Stoke were in a right mess last season with high expectations and got on their players back. 

Maybe he needed a fresh start ? The least we can do is give him a chance instead of writing him off!

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wouldn't read into that too much. He had a terrible time at Stoke - off the pitch as well as on.

Better off asking a Wolves or MK Dons fan what he's like when on form.

Lets pray.

The gaffer who writes up the reports needs a wee bit of education though as to where he is from... Is he Dominican, is he Congolese or have the 2 countries recently merged?... I quote from the official site:~ Dominican Republic of Congo. ?

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Lets pray.

The gaffer who writes up the reports needs a wee bit of education though as to where he is from... Is he Dominican, is he Congolese or have the 2 countries recently merged?... I quote from the official site:~ Dominican Republic of Congo. ?

Embarrassing isn't it - when Adam Baker was around there wasn't as many mistakes !

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No. When on form, he's not that dissimilar from Nicky Maynard pre-injury. Quick, athletic, natural goalscorer and good finisher.

He has a couple of physical advantages on Maynard as he's decent in the air and puts himself about much more. Plays at his best when on the shoulder and with a hard working strike partner to do the hard running. Was excellent alongside Nouha Dicko with Bakary Sako feeding them both.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Embarrassing isn't it - when Adam Baker was around there wasn't as many mistakes !

Indeed so my friend.

From my Stokie Pal... I watched him play 30 matches; only in 1 was he any good. Gulp. Lets see if LJ can can seduce the fella to play and score.

46 minutes ago, Taz said:

I think it's a decent signing. Struggled in the Prem with Bournemouth, and Stoke have hardly been flying high themselves recently.

Need to remember what he did at Wolves before, not actually that long ago. It seems that we've completely changed the way we're going to be playing with Paterson gone and Pack (confirmed or not?) as well. Think we'll be going back to a more quick passing, high pressing game, and Afobe and Fam in that sort of team could be very dangerous. I think a lot of defences will be getting a bit of a battering in the coming weeks...

I agree and would say he is a quality signing, very exciting times for City.  You have to be happy when you sign someone with the pedigree and ability he demonstrated at Wolves a few years back.

Welcome to the club, Benik, do some damage, my son.

30 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Lets pray.

It's still there! Good grief...

37 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Nothing like given the guy a chance then , still if your Stoke mate says he’s shit he must be 

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What is Johnson doing? A Stoke fan reckons he’s crap so why sign the lad? Surely Johnson phoned this fan first as part of the due diligence?

He didn`t have time. He asked Mark Ashton to do it but he was busy on the phone to Derby and Cardiff so it just slipped his mind. Absolute shambles IMO.

You wait till someone finds that post-it note with Pep`s number on it asking us to ring back urgently.

10 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

Anne Widdicombe has better ball control apparently. 

Stoke cant believe their luck.

Can’t believe their luck that we’ve loaned him for a season? If he was as bad as you say and we paid them the £12m they shelled out then you have a point.

Otherwise your post is broken.........

Stoke fans forum::

positive: we have strengthened our team for a year by getting rid.

positive: we have weakened a competitor's team for a year

positive: in the miracle they will want to buy him at the end of the season, they will actually pay cash for him.

Negative: when they realise how poor he is they will return him to us.

3 out of 4 ain't bad.

before you start, I am just quoting. Stoke are a tough crowd to please but can the vast majority of them be wrong? Hope so. Going back a couple of years he was a player at this level.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not in my top 20 of options but I have said multiple time someone is better than no one. Afobe is high risk and high reward. Could derail us a bit or fire us to top 2. We will just have to wait and see

Out of interest please share your top 20 options, it would be interesting to read.

Archived