IGNORED

Team for Birmingham

Robin 101

Actually, sod it. We’ve been “bold” in our approach, chuck them in and see what happens.

Nagy at the base of a midfield, with Massengo in front of him.

Eliasson on one wing, Brownhill wide on the other, Palmer as a number 10 and Afobe up top.

Out of possession, Brownhill drops in central too. Palmer has option to float out wide too.

..............................Bentley

Pereira............Kalas.......Moore......Dasilva

..........................Nagy

.........................................Massengo

Brownhill............Palmer..................Eliasson

...........................Afobe...

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Actually, sod it. We’ve been “bold” in our approach, chuck them in and see what happens.

Nagy at the base of a midfield, with Massengo in front of him.

Eliasson on one wing, Brownhill wide on the other, Palmer as a number 10 and Afobe up top.

Out of possession, Brownhill drops in central too. Palmer has option to float out wide too.

..............................Bentley

Pereira............Kalas.......Moore......Dasilva

..........................Nagy

.........................................Massengo

Brownhill............Palmer..................Eliasson

...........................Afobe...

This is what I can see us playing eventually, it would be very bold indeed! If we did decide to go with this tomorrow ?

I have a feeling we will start with all established players and then try to bring on three of the new boys during the game.  So the starting lineup might be:

——————Bentley——————

Hunt—Kalas—Moore—DaSilva

——Brownhill——Walsh————

Weimann——KP———Eliasson

——————Diedhiou——————

Subs:  Gilmartin, Baker, Rowe, Pereira, Nagy, Massengo and Afobe

Nagy, Afobe and Pereira have only had one practice session so far (assuming Afobe made it and was not posing on the roof), which is probably not enough to start.

Expect them to possibly start on Tuesday. 

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 17:49, BCFCGav said:

Bentley

Hunt      Moore        Kalas      JD

Josh         Nagy

Nic            KP45           COD

Afobe

Work Pereira and Massengo in over time. Weimann, Fam, Sammie, Taylor, Pato attacking cover.

Good to see Taylor get a mention. I hope he doesn't end up being the forgotten man.

I would like to see how he pairs up front with Afobe. 

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Moore Dasilva

Brownhill Nagy

Eliasson Palmer Weimann

Diedhiou

Gilmartin, Rowe, Baker, Szmodics, Afobe, Massenga, COD

That is what I think it will be if we stick to our normal formation. 

We'll need Semenyo (or Bakinson?) on the bench for the home grown player rule and I wouldn't be surprised to see Szmodics get a start ahead of Palmer, but just about this I reckon

7 hours ago, robinreliant said:

Good to see Taylor get a mention. I hope he doesn't end up being the forgotten man.

I would like to see how he pairs up front with Afobe. 

Agree. I think Taylor and Afobe could be an interesting partnership.

51 minutes ago, bris red said:

Agree. I think Taylor and Afobe could be an interesting partnership.

Can't see Taylor anywhere near the squad now. Home grown rule (as @chipdawg mentioned) means we need probably Semenyo on the bench. With Palmer, Szmodics, Massengo , Nagy, Brownhill, Rowe as options , I would guess Bakinson going on loan so that leaves AS. Fam and Afobe have to be 1 & 2 so I see Taylor on a loan to L1.

37 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

I wonder if it may be a little to early to start any of the new boys.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tommy Rowe in for Pack and maybe Eliasson for COD and Szmodics for Palmer.

I see Rowe on the bench as he can cover a few positions. I think we will start Nagy or Massengo, seeing HNM has impressed in training so that could see him getting the nod. Fam will start, not just because it's Brum, I doubt LJ will want to make wholesale changes just yet, let the new boys bed in a little. Tuesday is a good time to rotate things. Plenty of options now. 

Eventually 

Bentley

Periera Kalas Baker/Wright JD

Nagy  -  HNM

Szmodics - Palmer - Eliasson

Afobe/Fam

Personally I reckon it’s anyones guess.

None if know many of the new signings are match fit nor do we know how any of them have performed in just two days of training. Adapting to LJs methods can take time.

It’ll be fascinating to see today’s line up when it’s announced. 

8 hours ago, DC Red said:

I have a feeling we will start with all established players and then try to bring on three of the new boys during the game.  So the starting lineup might be:

——————Bentley——————

Hunt—Kalas—Moore—DaSilva

——Brownhill——Walsh————

Weimann——KP———Eliasson

——————Diedhiou——————

Subs:  Gilmartin, Baker, Rowe, Pereira, Nagy, Massengo and Afobe

Nagy, Afobe and Pereira have only had one practice session so far (assuming Afobe made it and was not posing on the roof), which is probably not enough to start.

Expect them to possibly start on Tuesday. 

Yeah you might be right. Could be big opportunity for Walsh with new signings maybe needing time to learn.

1 hour ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

I wonder if it may be a little to early to start any of the new boys.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tommy Rowe in for Pack and maybe Eliasson for COD and Szmodics for Palmer.

You might be right. A bit of experience might be needed during this period so we might select Rowe and Wright. Nagy, Pereira and Afobe could all amake the bench and Afobe will definitely feature

Good thing for Palmer is that Afobe looks a better player than Fam when threading a ball through. Kasey has the ability to beat a player or two in front of the defence, but kind of almost pointless if the move then breaks down.

I think Szmodics is probably more suited to playing behind Fam than Palmer. 

On 08/08/2019 at 17:59, CodeRed said:

Doubt if any of this week's signings will start on Saturday......haven't they got to learn the patterns first?

Adobe and maybe 1 other on the bench.

They'll be eased in gradually....with Massengo spending a bit of time with the he's first.

I was thinking this, I would have thought that some of the current fringe players would step up first, I would expect Walsh and Szmodics to be involved and Semenyo now he is no longer suspended. I think our new guys may get cameos from the bench, unless they are footballing geniuses who can assimilate LJ's requirements in a couple of sessions.This may not be that ridiculous as I would think they are used to being coached in a more tactical way considering their backgrounds.

54 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Can't see Taylor anywhere near the squad now. Home grown rule (as @chipdawg mentioned) means we need probably Semenyo on the bench. With Palmer, Szmodics, Massengo , Nagy, Brownhill, Rowe as options , I would guess Bakinson going on loan so that leaves AS. Fam and Afobe have to be 1 & 2 so I see Taylor on a loan to L1.

I see Rowe on the bench as he can cover a few positions. I think we will start Nagy or Massengo, seeing HNM has impressed in training so that could see him getting the nod. Fam will start, not just because it's Brum, I doubt LJ will want to make wholesale changes just yet, let the new boys bed in a little. Tuesday is a good time to rotate things. Plenty of options now. 

Eventually 

Bentley

Periera Kalas Baker/Wright JD

Nagy  -  HNM

Szmodics - Palmer - Eliasson

Afobe/Fam

Can see Szmodics getting nod over O’Dowda. Think LJ laid his cards on the table re contract, so assuming not signed, can’t see him getting into the 11.

53 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah you might be right. Could be big opportunity for Walsh with new signings maybe needing time to learn.

I just don’t rate Walsh and I think new signings have pushed him down the pecking order.

2 hours ago, chipdawg said:

We'll need Semenyo (or Bakinson?) on the bench for the home grown player rule and I wouldn't be surprised to see Szmodics get a start ahead of Palmer, but just about this I reckon

Oh yea I had forgotten already. Semenyo for sure who could even start on the left but would mean Eliasson on the bench. I have a feeling LJ will surprise us though. Maybe even change shape for this one. I just hope it is a better performance than Sunday

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can see Szmodics getting nod over O’Dowda. Think LJ laid his cards on the table re contract, so assuming not signed, can’t see him getting into the 11.

I just don’t rate Walsh and I think new signings have pushed him down the pecking order.

You might be right, but then I'm hoping he will be loaned out. I rate the player he could become, but so far has not done it except Stoke and couple of other sub appearances he looked decent.

Like someone else said, maybe Rowe gets a go. Just not sure LJ will play either of the 2 new midfielders straight away. Rowe looked very good in preseason vs Derby.

Bentley

Pereira       Kalas      Baker/Moore/Wight      Dasilva

Nagy                Brownhill

Weimann         Palmer         Eliasson 

Afobe  

Or LJ may throw a spanner in the works and play three at the back.

Who knows - so many players and so many options.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

You might be right, but then I'm hoping he will be loaned out. I rate the player he could become, but so far has not done it except Stoke and couple of other sub appearances he looked decent.

Like someone else said, maybe Rowe gets a go. Just not sure LJ will play either of the 2 new midfielders straight away. Rowe looked very good in preseason vs Derby.

Don’t see Massengo starting, but Nagy will I’m sure. 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Oh yea I had forgotten already. Semenyo for sure who could even start on the left but would mean Eliasson on the bench. I have a feeling LJ will surprise us though. Maybe even change shape for this one. I just hope it is a better performance than Sunday

Pato's loan out really gives Semenyo more opportunities on the left imo. What I like about Semenyo and Eliasson as wingers is we could go with both either wing, both can beat players. Could at times go 4141/433 and build our play around them beating their full backs. I think that is where Semenyo is best at the moment. Not saying that's what we should do, but it's an option and potentially a great way of hitting teams on the counter attack.

Archived