IGNORED

Team for Birmingham

Robin 101

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Thanks for that Sir. I've just caught up with Duran Duran's article: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-afobe-massengo-birmingham-live-3191252.

I'd still play Massengo.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Top of me head - Tommy Doc, Gerry Gow, Skuse, Matt Hewlett, Semenyo, Morrell, Cotterill 

All 17 or 18 when they made their debuts with us (stand to be corrected) and had/having decent careers - and there must be a lot more.

If you're good enough then you are certainly old enough.

In terms of Massengo, playing in the champions league three times at 17 would indicate he is good enough. If Henry felt he could cope then thats good enough for me.

Whether he is match fit is another matter.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Think we'll start...

_______________Bentley______________

Hunt______Kalas_____Moore___DaSilva

_______________Nagy________________

Brownhill____________________Odowda

______________Palmer_______________

________Weimann____Famara_________

Would be criminal to have Odowda in, he looked like didn't want to be on the pitch last week

34 minutes ago, eardun said:

Bentley 

Pereira    Kalas   Moore  Dasilva

Nagy 

Brownhill  Massengo  Eliasson 

Weimann  Afobe

Think we might see something like this down the line, but would think it's too early to include so many of the new players today, think Nagy has to be in there though

Really hope if Nagy plays that he drives us up the pitch. Really hoping he has the ability to do that. Will be strange seeing a team without Pack. The bloke was never injured ever! And never got dropped.

I don't see being able to win games 1-0 so well this season, but more likely to win games by outscoring opponents. It's what we want to see, entertainment. Let's play on the front foot. Birmingham I expect will be defensive and dirty. But let's hope we are too good for them.

IF Elliason doesn't start then the mind does boggle! straight from the bbc 

• Despite only featuring as a 64th-minute substitute against Leeds, Bristol City winger Niclas Eliasson created four chances - twice as many as any other Robins player, including an assist for Andreas Weimann's goal.

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Hopefully O’Dowda never plays again 

Really interesting that LJ said last week that ideally Callum would sign a contract on Monday, rather than waiting to see if anyone comes in for him.

As far as we understand Callum hasn’t signed ahead of the window, which to an outsider looking in, looks like his heart isn’t here. It makes Lee’s selection last week disappointing, and Eliasson took his chance when replacing him.

For me Callum has lost the shirt, and I think Szmodics should be ahead of him too.  For me, Callum goes to the back of the list.

8 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Everyone has Bentley at No 1.  Is there no loyalty left in football?  Fielding for goalie!!

I'm not too sure about the rest as I've not been following the transfers.

Whoosh???

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Really interesting that LJ said last week that ideally Callum would sign a contract on Monday, rather than waiting to see if anyone comes in for him.

As far as we understand Callum hasn’t signed ahead of the window, which to an outsider looking in, looks like his heart isn’t here. It makes Lee’s selection last week disappointing, and Eliasson took his chance when replacing him.

For me Callum has lost the shirt, and I think Szmodics should be ahead of him too.  For me, Callum goes to the back of the list.

Whoosh???

COD bet on black and it's come up red. It's not just that he's not in the driving seat, he's in the boot and car is freewheeling down Rownham Hill, about to crash into the former pot factory/former police dog & horse training facility.

I'll expect he'll sulk until the January transfer window at which point the lower league offers he gets might start to look a bit more inviting, assuming city have tby then had the sense to withdraw any offer currently tabled.

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

• Despite only featuring as a 64th-minute substitute against Leeds, Bristol City winger Niclas Eliasson created four chances - twice as many as any other Robins player, including an assist for Andreas Weimann's goal.

Yep, a must start for me.

2 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

100% Eliason should start, he's our best winger 

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What I don't get is no JD, was he really any worse than anyone else, plus wing back is made for him.
TM unfortunate.
Other than that , it's either 3-6-1 or 3-5-2 or 3-3-3-1 or not.

Injured for 5-6 weeks.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What I don't get is no JD, was he really any worse than anyone else, plus wing back is made for him.
TM unfortunate.
Other than that , it's either 3-6-1 or 3-5-2 or 3-3-3-1 or not.

Dasilva must be injured, he plays otherwise (or at least is on the bench (LJ loved changing his left backs last season when chasing a game) 

Archived