IGNORED

Now the window is shut, how do you see us doing?

Bristol is red

LJ never knew his best team last season, I worry how he will cope now with 11 new players especially with some of the players new to this country. The work of integrating them will now start in the season not in pre season. With the size of the squad ,he has a hell of a job on his hands and  I am not too sure where we will end up.

A lot of unknowns, and quite a few new to English football. Centre back definitely a lot weaker, and it's the midfielders tracking back and covering that worries me. A lot of exciting talent with great potential, but likely to be inconsistent, and a bit painful at times this season once sides get the measure of us. See what Birmingham brings.

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

It’s going to be a new team. It simply will not happen overnight.  how many of the additions will start Saturday. 4. Perhaps 5. 

New right back, the wonder kid, old Nagy, Afobe.  Sammie ?  You soon realise there is a job in hand.  Fun times ahead ?

Would be surprised if it’s more than 2 starting 

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Away at Brum in the Championship- LJ won’t chuck him in surely

Hope he does, but will be surprised 

I'd be surprised if any of the new signings start, bench would be my bet.  Much more likely to start them in the league cup.

32 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Well the £8 million Massengo must be a starter. Surely even BCFC would not spend that money and plonk him on the bench .... interesting watch again 

I think that you might be surprised.  He’s the one that I think they will give most time to settle in and see as a long term prospect.  He’s very young, looks a bit slight and I doubt will cope with a full season so they will break him in gently.   I wonder whether he will be the most expensive player outside of the Premier to play U23s?!

Think we will all need to be patient with him although I can’t wait to see him play. The others are older and have more first team games under their belts.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

One things for sure, there’s nowhere to hide for LJ now. Let’s hope it goes well!

There isn’t, but , against my better nature, I think we will get Top 6 .

Its irrational but I think ,  from what I have seen -  on YouTube -  Massongo looks a star and Afobe , if he is ‘right’ could be a huge signing .

4 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

How does eveyone think we might do?

I wouldn't be shocked at a slow start to the season, lots of new faces to integrate, so don't think it will be until the second half of the season we fully hit our stride.

Strengthed and improved in vital areas only missing a CB, however Moore, Baker and Wright to fighting it out to play alongside Kalas is not a bad second option.

A good number of exciting signings and on paper  I feel this team is stronger than the one that finish last season.  If we can get the best out of Afobe I feel we can sneak into the playoffs this season, so I'm going for 5th for us.  

Maybe like Swindon, Leeds will be promoted by Nov and then the City steamroller will come along....

Archived