IGNORED

Where’s the Team leadership now Marlon has gone?

Denbury Red

1 minute ago, Denbury Red said:

With Marlon leaving for a pittance - and numerous new faces in midfield - where is our team Leadership going to come from until Korey returns (hopefully) in January. 

Seems a strange decision to let Marlon go now before the new players have bedded in!

Kalas .

Well we have certainly had a delivery of some building materials, who knows how many will fit in to what we are building though.....off you go then Lee.....you do now the season has started though don't you?

Why can't the new players have character and be an influence? If you watch the Nagy interview he might come in and be a far better leader on the pitch than Marlon. He seems to be a footballers footballer with the way he thinks of the game.

We still have Wright who is club captain, Brownhill and O'Dowda (currently) are apparently loud in the dressing room.

Moving on these players might be the rocket forward we need as it had got stale/comfortable. Like when we sold Reid, Flint and Bryan, but improved.

11 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

With Marlon leaving for a pittance - and numerous new faces in midfield - where is our team Leadership going to come from until Korey returns (hopefully) in January. 

Seems a strange decision to let Marlon go now before the new players have bedded in!

Kalas

smith

moore

wright

brownhill

shall I continue?

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Hang on, people have been saying for at least two seasons that we had no leaders and Pack has been getting regular stick for his performances but the minute he goes he is the lost leader. 

No. He was a loss leader. One of the many talented first-team regulars that were part of the comfortable brigade. He needed a fresh challenge because he was only going to stagnate at City. He'll have to be far braver under Warnock or be looking for another club come May.

Teams change, Teams evolve... to be competitive you can't be complacent... LJ  said we would have a bold summer and we have. Who knows the next crop of leaders in the dressing room may be ready and waiting for their chance... Changing rooms have hierarchies. Patience is a virtue and people will step up i'm sure! 

We have plenty of leadership potential In the squad and I’d take an improvement in technical ability over leadership all day long. 

There is no loyalty in football and Pack going to Cardiff shows how quickly he’s moved on, we as fans should say thanks for your efforts Marlon and do the same..move on and support the next generation!

32 minutes ago, grifty said:

Why can't the new players have character and be an influence? If you watch the Nagy interview he might come in and be a far better leader on the pitch than Marlon. He seems to be a footballers footballer with the way he thinks of the game.

We still have Wright who is club captain, Brownhill and O'Dowda (currently) are apparently loud in the dressing room.

Moving on these players might be the rocket forward we need as it had got stale/comfortable. Like when we sold Reid, Flint and Bryan, but improved.

This for me.. i get this gut feeling that Nagy will be a big player for us

Never saw all that much evidence of leadership on the pitch from Pack. 

Personally I’m excited by the new blood. Sometimes a player can be at a club too long and it goes a bit south. Player naturally gets into a complacent state and fans naturally get frustrated. 

A new injection of enthusiasm is welcome, especially considering we now have replaced with perhaps more technical players. 

Kalas is the obvious choice for leadership IMO. 

Pack wasn’t a leader on the pitch in my opinion, he didn’t lead by example and that is why the club have shipped him out 

Nagy or Kalas are capable as they are internationals for their countries. They know what is required from their team mates to play at the highest level and both have that steely look and determination to succeed 

Marlon was coasting a bit and needed a change in my opinion and to get £750k for him was a bonus 

Time for the new faces to take the others left to a new level - can’t wait to see how we play and the formation 

Could be a new dawn or the start of a nightmare!!

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You could alternatively ask “where was the team leadership in the last ten games of last season when we literally blew a play off spot?”.

Hear hear. We were a team of shrinking violets when the pressure was on. Leadership me arse. 

41 minutes ago, grifty said:

The players may have character and influence but they also lack experience and time in a City shirt. Instead of Leaders think of cultural architects - Players who understand what the coach wants and carries out the tasks he wants. You cannot get that from a player with no training hours behind them, no matches. It takes time, this is a point Mr Johnson has made himself. 

City are now a team in transition yet again minus an experienced and trusted player. Its a bold move, a gamble. 

Archived