IGNORED

No standing on back row of South Stannd and Dolman

the red rules

Pretty annoyed at this. Another step to the complete and utter sterilisation of AG. No one who does it causes any harm whatsoever to anyone I’d imagine so just wondering what the need for it is from the club. Just seems antagonistic.  

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Pretty annoyed at this. Another step to the complete and utter sterilisation of AG. No one who does it causes any harm whatsoever to anyone I’d imagine so just wondering what the need for it is from the club. Just seems antagonistic.  

its not just usits the whole EFL and government legislation we can't ignore it, no matter how much the club disagree with ti 

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Put in a GDPR complaint if you want, but if we get a fine of 2% of our turnover and the price of a pint is increased to £6 a pop, we’ll know who to blame. 

You wouldn't get a fine for this sort of breach. You'd just get a stern warning not to do it again.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its not just usits the whole EFL and government legislation we can't ignore it, no matter how much the club disagree with ti 

Well if that is the case then I look forward to seeing all people sitting at all games. But it won’t happen as we all know. It won’t even happen in our away end. 

I might be missing something here but if you’ve paid for a ST that guarantees you a seat , why would you want to stand? ..I’m not saying don’t stand ,and if someone wants to and it’s not restricting anyone’s view of the game then it’s not a problem as far as I’m concerned but personally I’d rather sit than stand if I’ve paid for a seat ...:yawn:

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I might be missing something here but if you’ve paid for a ST that guarantees you a seat , why would you want to stand? ..I’m not saying don’t stand ,and if someone wants to and it’s not restricting anyone’s view of the game then it’s not a problem as far as I’m concerned but personally I’d rather sit than stand if I’ve paid for a seat ...:yawn:

Did these people choose this place to sit or because in the past they knew that they could stand there?

14 hours ago, RedReynard said:

Think someone may be in trouble over this. My young son's email address on there (Luckily only created for Bristol City account).

Pretty poor by Dave Storr in Supporter Services

He’s the head of security ground safety etc, he isn’t supporter services. 

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Did these people choose this place to sit or because in the past they knew that they could stand there?

I had an Atyeo back seat for 15 years or so mostly I stood but sat down when every now and again the stewards came up and requested it.  

Got a back seat in SS for the same reason and stood, except at half time or when I'm really fed up and 3-0 down.

So I'll be sensible and no doubt be like a Jack in the box up and down depending what happens on the pitch.

As I intimated earlier I find it unfair they will not try and regulate the away fans but will us, despite not blocking others view + helping to lift the home crowd around us.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will cause more issues than it's worth/it solves IMO regardless of whose 'brainwave' it was.

I agree we can blame the thatcher government and the tory government for not lifting restrictions after it turned out the tories and it’s mouth piece the sun lied to get the legislation through in the place,

anger shouldn’t be aim at the club for up holding the law, it should be aimed at the law makers

12 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Dave Storr aka the bully 

Dave Storr really helped me out last season when I needed dispensation to bring medical equipment into the ground without being searched. He's got a job to do that probably rubs people up the wrong way at times but he'll help when it is needed. 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

I think the answer is probably that they need to show the EFL they have tried to stop people from doing it and aren't condoning it. It might save us a needless fine if it looks like we are trying to tell people not to stand. 

57 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Some of us wanna stand up.... But cant get entry without paying for a SEAT. Personally I am actually paying for entry not the seat.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Someone posted a copy of the letter on Twitter- don't worry no identifying details are visible.

2019.08.09.11.32.16.png

Reading that it is interesting why they are highlighting a specific row and not larger parts of the ground

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Reading that it is interesting why they are highlighting a specific row and not larger parts of the ground

Quite.

The away fans the big one and then the next biggest would be the Singing Section. Wonder if either of these will be next or at least if they'll try it.

This just seems to come up every few years though- pretty sure people have stood on the back row of stands for a long time.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Unan said:

I’m sure they’re made to send it, as is every other club, and they won’t regulate it.

True, I'm sure it was Matt Parsons that said on here (about the singing area) that the club had to be seen to be sending a message out, but in reality nothing was going to change

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

He’s the head of security ground safety etc, he isn’t supporter services. 

The email is from Supporter Services though!

I am all in for the "safety" issue if people cannot get past or try and stand on the steps etc, but to have a row of people along the back (and it generally isn't a lot) when they are not in the way of anyone and/or access to anything then really what is the problem? Against Man United it was 3 deep at the back of the Dolman and nobody said a word - great atmosphere and that all helped.

Be interesting when they try and actually eject someone when that person can simply look around and just say "why me" when there are 2000 in the away end stood up and numerous in the other stand(s). Asking for more trouble than what it is worth imo.

19 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

You counted the number on the circulation list? ?

Although, are the club breaking data protection if you can see all the email addresses? There is an expert on here @The Exiled Robin

Yep, sounds like a Data Breach, Very poor practice. If you wanted to complain they'd probably get a rap over the knuckles from the ICO and an advisory note on improving their processes. 

4 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

We have just received an email apologising for revealing our email addresses, and asking everyone to delete the original email!

Mr. Kelly formally apologising.

Bit of a shambles!

I've not received an email.  then again I've still not got my season ticket which was paid for in March so no surprise.

NCR- but relevant to this subject nonetheless.

IF Mods wish to split it and subsequent posts on it off into its own topic fine, or find anything related to Safe/Persistent Standing to make a megathread, all good.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-hallett-makes-plea-plymouth-3198222

Presumably a follow up from this- one I can only assume was not complied with in full...

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/august/seats-please/

The approach taken at AG on Saturday and in these areas especially will be instructive I feel.

5 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

So what about the singing section then

I quite agree.

One for the SLO to answer- and you're forgetting the (generally) biggest standing area of all though tbh it seems to be the case with that section of fans at most grounds.

Those who are away fans- do most not stand most weeks in most away ends?

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I quite agree.

One for the SLO to answer- and you're forgetting the (generally) biggest standing area of all though tbh it seems to be the case with that section of fans at most grounds.

Those who are away fans- do most not stand most weeks in most away ends?

Most do, if not all. We stood at Birmingham on the weekend and I think everyone did (although I was right at one end so couldn't see everything).

It will just be a load of stewards stood along the back of the Dolman against QPR on Saturday imo, unsure if they do that in the South Stand - but you can bet what you like that none will be in the away end asking anyone to sit down.

Archived