IGNORED

No standing on back row of South Stannd and Dolman

the red rules

23 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Most do, if not all. We stood at Birmingham on the weekend and I think everyone did (although I was right at one end so couldn't see everything).

It will just be a load of stewards stood along the back of the Dolman against QPR on Saturday imo, unsure if they do that in the South Stand - but you can bet what you like that none will be in the away end asking anyone to sit down.

I think in all honesty it's generally the case in away ends now that fans will stand and is accepted as such.

Non st holders, lot of hassle- think rightly or wrongly it's the case and it seems fairly consistent across the country? Is factored in essentially.

Of more interest maybe is the 2 home areas outside of the Singing Section. It's the top row or so- the areas still may need stewards up there but not for that reason! It's completely nuts.

Oh yeah of more interest? Other grounds. Whenever I watch Highlights on Quest I watch most games. Looks can be deceiving but it certainly appears to me that they are plenty of Leeds fans at Elland Road stood and persistently!

Now standing at football is positive, but good grief where is the consistency!

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

Most do, if not all. We stood at Birmingham on the weekend and I think everyone did (although I was right at one end so couldn't see everything).

It will just be a load of stewards stood along the back of the Dolman against QPR on Saturday imo, unsure if they do that in the South Stand - but you can bet what you like that none will be in the away end asking anyone to sit down.

They won`t be able to do that in the SS as the back row of seats are right against the back wall and if they stand in the gangways they`ll be blocking peoples` view.

On 09/08/2019 at 11:29, the red rules said:

I had an Atyeo back seat for 15 years or so mostly I stood but sat down when every now and again the stewards came up and requested it.  

Got a back seat in SS for the same reason and stood, except at half time or when I'm really fed up and 3-0 down.

So I'll be sensible and no doubt be like a Jack in the box up and down depending what happens on the pitch.

As I intimated earlier I find it unfair they will not try and regulate the away fans but will us, despite not blocking others view + helping to lift the home crowd around us.

To be fair I don't think I've been to any away ground recently that enforces sitting for away supporters (i think WBA about 10 years ago might be the last) so BCFC are doing the same as everyone else. 

It's funny how we can have 30,000 people stood and dancing in every seat, in pitch blackness during take that, muse and spice girls concerts, and yet standing on the back row during a bright Saturday afternoon is deemed unsafe (and that's with the fluorescent lights on as well) !

7 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

To be fair I don't think I've been to any away ground recently that enforces sitting for away supporters (i think WBA about 10 years ago might be the last) so BCFC are doing the same as everyone else. 

It just seems to be accepted that away fans now stand or it's safest to allow it- probably best to accept it at this time?

4 minutes ago, beaverface said:

It's funny how we can have 30,000 people stood and dancing in every seat, in pitch blackness during take that, muse and spice girls concerts, and yet standing on the back row during a bright Saturday afternoon is deemed unsafe (and that's with the fluorescent lights on as well) !

Agreed it's laughable! Not only that but that day and night from about 3ish was raining non stop- a serious risk of slippage there if persistent and wide standing yet attempting to make back tow at football sit??

Jesus christ reading all this is depressing. It's nothing new, but what a pathetic world we live in, where someone can't stand at the BACK of a stand. Fml. This along with VAR and all the other crap, seriously makes me hate modern day football. 

And yet I still bloody watch it. Argh

There are a few possible scenarios at play here IMO.

1) The club have been informed, and actually are true believers- well I say the club I obviously mean the Head of Security and they (the aforementioned individual?) will look to enforce it fairly strongly! At least in terms of rolling requests.

2) The club are doing what they are told and may try to show willing, enforce it a little and for a bit.

I read that at Sunderland there was a bit of wink wink, nudge nudge scenario, whereby stewards would arrive, ask people to sit. 

They would stick around for a while people would indeed sit. After a while, stewards would leave and people would resume standing- seems a fair and potentially sensible short-term trade off?

3) Nobody will be hassled- purely for the club to show willing and cover themselves. Boxticking!

4) See the first one! However not only regular discussions/requests, but people being ejected/dragged out.

This I feel would not only cause needless bad feeling between fans, club and stewards but possibly even risk causing unrest/trouble in the crowd.

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

They won`t be able to do that in the SS as the back row of seats are right against the back wall and if they stand in the gangways they`ll be blocking peoples` view.

Whilst technically being unreserved in S25, the season before last they removed the seat allocated on my Season Ticket (and the one next to it) in the top corner of the SS to make room for a steward to stand there. Thankfully, I doubt they'd do that across the rest of the SS given people hold Season Tickets in those seats. 

They had to phone me to allow me to book a ticket for the Man Utd cup game as I didn't technically have a seat to book it against any more. 

This is genuinely nothing new.

Delve back into old threads on here and I'm sure there were requests to sit, persistent standing, announcements to this effect in Dolman G Block for example in the mid 2000s- don't know if the issue was just the back row back then or if G Block was where Subbers etc went when EastEnd wasn't so accessible to home fans?

Where I think things differ- unless it's box ticking- is that they never specifically focused on back row before?

Can’t see the complete email which was posted earlier in this thread, but it looks like it was going to read ‘a reduction in capacity ‘. This was threatened at Norwich last season because of persistent standing. I don’t know if it was carried out at Norwich but I believe that is why the singing section has a reduced capacity. The thing I can’t understand is if it is illegal to stand, how is it permitted in areas even with a reduced capacity? If people continue to stand then reduce the SS capacity to allow everyone to stand. There’s plenty of capacity elsewhere in the ground for sitting until rail seats can be installed.

16 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Can’t see the complete email which was posted earlier in this thread, but it looks like it was going to read ‘a reduction in capacity ‘. This was threatened at Norwich last season because of persistent standing. I don’t know if it was carried out at Norwich but I believe that is why the singing section has a reduced capacity. The thing I can’t understand is if it is illegal to stand, how is it permitted in areas even with a reduced capacity? If people continue to stand then reduce the SS capacity to allow everyone to stand. There’s plenty of capacity elsewhere in the ground for sitting until rail seats can be installed.

It isnt illegal to stand, there are no laws to do with standing. Clubs have to provide seats, how strict they are to enforce standing is down to local councils.

Stewards will ask you to sit down, a policeman never would.

7 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

It isnt illegal to stand, there are no laws to do with standing. Clubs have to provide seats, how strict they are to enforce standing is down to local councils.

Stewards will ask you to sit down, a policeman never would.

Thanks for the clarification, I stand corrected .

I reckon they will try in the Dolman and have stewards at the back before kick off, unsure what they will do if people stand at the back of the SS if they cannot stand behind them. Just keep shouting I guess?? All seems pretty pointless with only a few people standing anyway.

I've swapped my seat and happen to be in the back row of the Dolman today. They've just got two stewards up here and a few signs staying 'this is an all seater stand. No standing is allowed. Persistent offenders may have their ticket/card revoked'. 

No sign of additional stewards in SS, not that there's anywhere for them to stand. 

29 minutes ago, InCyder said:

I've swapped my seat and happen to be in the back row of the Dolman today. They've just got two stewards up here and a few signs staying 'this is an all seater stand. No standing is allowed. Persistent offenders may have their ticket/card revoked'. 

No sign of additional stewards in SS, not that there's anywhere for them to stand. 

I hope people stand, it’s pathetic. Even more I hope they are heavy handed and cause issues. 

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Everyone at the back of the SS was stood up as usual and no problems with stewards at all. It`s just the club paying lip service to an issue some jobsworth has raised IMO.

Mind you, with CCTV who knows what surprises the next week`s inboxes may hold...…………………...

Hmmmm

Initially I chuckled RRH......BUT....

That actuallywould be an easy (And Poor) way for the club to address it 

Contact those who own seats where standing takes place, issue a final warning and threaten to suspend / cancel ST...........

Wouldn’t  shock me 

On 17/08/2019 at 14:49, AshtonPark said:

I hope people stand, it’s pathetic. Even more I hope they are heavy handed and cause issues. 

Don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment but I can't see the club liking this post...

Just because they don't necessarily (Julie H apart) engage on here these days, doesn't mean they don't read it IMO.

18 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hmmmm

Initially I chuckled RRH......BUT....

That actuallywould be an easy (And Poor) way for the club to address it 

Contact those who own seats where standing takes place, issue a final warning and threaten to suspend / cancel ST...........

Wouldn’t  shock me 

I have a mate who got a little ( lot ) drunk at a home game last season, Villa on a Friday night I think , got a bit gobby with a steward and was ejected. Following home game pulled aside at half time and asked to sign a good behaviour bond, waving his right to appeal any future misdemeanors. All this done through CCTV. 

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I have a mate who got a little ( lot ) drunk at a home game last season, Villa on a Friday night I think , got a bit gobby with a steward and was ejected. Following home game pulled aside at half time and asked to sign a good behaviour bond, waving his right to appeal any future misdemeanors. All this done through CCTV. 

One for FSA Faircop?

That sounds a fairly "interesting" clause to me...

Archived