IGNORED

No standing on back row of South Stannd and Dolman

the red rules

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can't blame the club here necessarily- and I'm certainly someone who will criticise, perhaps a bit OTT see the SLO thing.

Impossible to apportion blame here for sure though, could be club appeasing SAG through preemptive action.

I understand that, but if certain SAGs let people stand at other clubs (rightly or wrongly), then the club should at least have some input or influence to at least show the SAG what happens elsewhere and how there is one rule for one club and one for another - of course the SAG will know about the other grounds anyway. The SAG should then be able to give a detailed answer/explanation on why it is ok at one stadium and not the next.

If the club are not happy with supporters getting ejected and effectively banned (why would they be), then they should surely ask/appeal for someone above the SAG to step in as a temporary measure. Seeing as nobody can seem to speak or communicate with our so called "ghost" the whole situation is ridiculous - assuming Plymouth cannot do the same either? 

If the club doesn't want the full blame, then they should make a point of showing all supporters that they are trying to do something about the farcical situation imo.

STATEMENT: PERSISTENT STANDING

FRIDAY, AUGUST 30TH 2019

Bristol City Football Club would like to thank its thousands of supporters who are able to attend matches at Ashton Gate Stadium.

They help to create a wonderful atmosphere and the efforts of all supporters is hugely appreciated.

During the summer break, the Sports Ground Safety Authority (SGSA) - which licences every stadium for spectators - and the Safety Advisory Group (SAG), met on numerous occasions and it has been made clear of the need to advise against persistent standing, which could lead to crowd collapse.

Supporters should also be made aware that those who also fail to comply with SGSA regulations, may also see their club’s ground capacity reduced.

The club would like to remind supporters to stay seated in the interest of health and safety and to allow all spectators to enjoy the games.

Ashton Gate’s Head of Safety and Security Dave Storr said: “Supporters in the back rows in the Dolman and South Stands have received direct contact regarding this and the request is made to all supporters to please stay seated whilst the game is in progress.

“This is for safety reasons and to assist other supporters to enjoy the game. Persistent standing can result in ejection from the ground and a season card or match ticket being revoked.

“The SGSA has a responsibility to ensure Ashton Gate Stadium complies with the all-seater policy and if we fail to comply, the SGSA will ask the SAG - who issue our Safety Certificate - to consider reducing our capacity.”

Bristol City Football Club and Ashton Gate would like to thank fans for their co-operation.

On 27/08/2019 at 00:32, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some updates on this- well I say this, the Plymouth stuff which COULD set a precedent elsewhere.

68918971_2454242201329466_75688699448849

68960116_10216142586570434_6265101264627

Believe it's the same picture of the same part of the block from a different angle. One match ban pending a meeting? Setting an example- or simply moved?

Final one, yet another angle- much smaller though!

69026342_2454262507994102_50527228570003

Really hope this doesn't turn into a thing. Might sound a little silly to some but I suffer quite badly with social anxiety, particularly in crowds. I previously had a Season Ticket in the singing section and would always head to the very back row and the very far corner to minimize the number of people standing behind/around me (no offence). 

I am a member now but will always buy tickets in the the back row of whichever stand I choose to sit in. I certainly wouldn't be a fan of doing so if there's going to be a permanent number of stewards standing behind the furthest row back.  

Thankfully it seems that the club are being pretty good with it so far, not overly pushy and I mentioned that they were allowing some to stand in the back row of the Dolman at the QPR game - providing they weren't actually behind the last row of seats. Hopefully this remains the case and we don't go down the same route as Plymouth.

Just now, InCyder said:

Really hope this doesn't turn into a thing. Might sound a little silly to some but I suffer quite badly with social anxiety, particularly in crowds. I previously had a Season Ticket in the singing section and would always head to the very back row and the very far corner to minimize the number of people standing behind/around me (no offence). 

I am a member now but will always buy tickets in the the back row of whichever stand I choose to sit in. I certainly wouldn't be a fan of doing so if there's going to be a permanent number of stewards standing behind the furthest row back.  

Thankfully it seems that the club are being pretty good with it so far, not overly pushy and I mentioned that they were allowing some to stand in the back row of the Dolman at the QPR game - providing they weren't actually behind the last row of seats. Hopefully this remains the case and we don't go down the same route as Plymouth.

This is exactly where my thoughts went too, and I am absolutely in the same boat as you mate. Glad to know I'm not on my own haha.

7 hours ago, InCyder said:

That being the case ever thought of getting a S/T at Chernobyl ?

only joking, like you, no offence intended .:P

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

That being the case ever thought of getting a S/T at Chernobyl ?

only joking, like you, no offence intended .:P

Is there a Chernobyl FC?

If so, I'd bet they've got an explosive attack...

2 hours ago, Rich VFR said:

Looked like they tried to enforce something today but judging by the "we'll stand where we want" chants, it didn't go to plan? 

Sorry but this is a battle they will lose. I am in the Section 82 area, so I am not against the standing there, the thing is, neither is the club. 

But if people continual try to press the issue I can see the SAG taking away the standing privilege even in the areas they turn a blind eye to right now.

If that doesn’t work then we will be in danger of losing the singing area altogether, and those who complain about the “sanitising of the game” will have another thing to moan about.

The thing is they will blame the club when as far as I can see, it’s not them that have the issue.

53 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry but this is a battle they will lose. I am in the Section 82 area, so I am not against the standing there, the thing is, neither is the club. 

But if people continual try to press the issue I can see the SAG taking away the standing privilege even in the areas they turn a blind eye to right now.

If that doesn’t work then we will be in danger of losing the singing area altogether, and those who complain about the “sanitising of the game” will have another thing to moan about.

The thing is they will blame the club when as far as I can see, it’s not them that have the issue.

Safety in numbers is what is a factor here- or will be!

So I have read on other forums, they can find it very hard to enforce when people are pretty active enmasse.

Obviously I do not and cannot condone mass rule breaking- but two case studies of Leeds and Wolves show that it moves to a possible stage of management over prevention!

Which arqas do they turn a blind eye too outside of singing section anyway? Certainly seem not to THIS season.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Safety in numbers is what is a factor here- or will be!

So I have read on other forums, they can find it very hard to enforce when people are pretty active enmasse.

Obviously I do not and cannot condone mass rule breaking- but two case studies of Leeds and Wolves show that it moves to a possible stage of management over prevention!

Unfortunately I can see only two outcomes tbh Mr P

Another confrontation at the Swansea game or another and it will get ugly or , probably more likely 

Some ST holders will be receiving another e-mail as a final warning and a few may find theirs cancelled

Completely ridiculous but there we are - modern football shite 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Another confrontation at the Swansea game or another and it will get ugly or , probably more likely 

Some ST holders will be receiving another e-mail as a final warning and a few may find theirs cancelled

Unfortunately, I think that is what will happen.

It makes no sense at all with the rugby crowd and music gigs standing and drinking in the stands.

Madness, completely bonkers.

38 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

CCTV will identify those who have been warned (and not complied to their request) by their seat numbers.

I’d be quite wary of making a stand. (No pun intended) ?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

CCTV will identify those who have been warned (and not complied to their request) by their seat numbers.

I’d be quite wary of making a stand. (No pun intended) ?

Yes they can actually do it without having any direct contact or confrontation with anybody 

Cant see them backing down either 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sadly that sounds pretty realistic Bob.

The Swansea game IMO would be a very stupid game to try to press the issue, some polite but regular chat aside.

Anymore and it seems likely to cause issues I'd have thought- more than today, is a highly charged game Swansea or can be. Anyway it'd to little to enhance safety of fans or stewards surely- which is the whole point of the SAG and co??

@RedLionLad

The last post on this thread at a club with a similar issue that crops up periodically is quite interesting.

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/balls-up-in-the-south-bank.212789/page-3

If many other fans were to join in solidarity, it'd pose a few problems.. Again I DON'T endorse it ie mass standing as you know regulations etc.

The political element though would be interesting. SAG are council based, councillors don't necessarily have big majorities, pressure at the ballot box, lobbying? All legit too!

What I just can’t get my head around is why it’s perfectly safe for 1000 Boro fans to be stood for 90 mins yet it’s totally unsafe for a few dozen City fans to do it at the back of the South Stand . Stewards also seemed perfectly happy for standing in The West Stand to take place without a word said ! Utterly pathetic and it really did come very close to kicking off in a big way in the SS today . 

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

What I just can’t get my head around is why it’s perfectly safe for 1000 Boro fans to be stood for 90 mins yet it’s totally unsafe for a few dozen City fans to do it at the back of the South Stand . Stewards also seemed perfectly happy for standing in The West Stand to take place without a word said ! Utterly pathetic and it really did come very close to kicking off in a big way in the SS today . 

Were you close enough to hear what was going on Baldy (What the approach of the stewards was ?) 

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Were you close enough to hear what was going on Baldy (What the approach of the stewards was ?) 

They were never going to get fans to sit down were they? They achieved the opposite as more fans stood up to show solidarity.

I wonder what the next step from BCFC will be.

• SC&T Board Members
2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Unfortunately, I think that is what will happen.

It makes no sense at all with the rugby crowd and music gigs standing and drinking in the stands.

Madness, completely bonkers.

Welcome to the totally illogical world of football ground safety, where one of the most contentious regulations is based on now totally discredited views on the cause of Hillsborough, which have since been proved in the courts to have been completely wrong.

It is time that politicians revoked a standing ban based on a lie.

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Felt sorry for the stewards today - trying to enforce this rubbish. Always going to fail and hilarious response from the crowd. 

Fair play the stewards reacted in the right way in the end.

Here's a thing. The stewards obviously go in to (try) and enforce and most likely get the flak.

Now, while I would still consider it a nonsense of a rule, I'd have a tad or a bit more respect for those who want it enforced- eg the SAG and the Head of Security presumably- if THEY themselves went into the crowd and put across/argued the point.

1 hour ago, thankgodfortinnion said:

The question is why are 5 or 6 people standing at the back of block S24 deemed dangerous but the whole of block S25 standing perfectly acceptable?

The signs at the back of the south stand state " This is an all seater stand,no standing allowed"

S25,S26 and S27 are in the south stand aren't they?

As far as in aware ..We have reduced capacity in S25 as a result .A concession the club make 

Archived