IGNORED

Lineup/formation

CiderHeadDan

19 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I'm glad we ripped the spine out of that team which was in a downward spiral and shipped 9 goals in 2 games.

Wholesale changes was what we needed and wholesale changes is what we got....onwards and upwards! 

Run out of likes, but I agree with you.  Needed radical surgery, but it will take time which some fans won't be prepared to give. 

(Yes, I know LJ have had loads of time and plenty of transfer windows, but this isn't just a couple of bottom injections, it's a full face lift).

3 hours ago, Red 90 said:

Am i missing something? Why are people still including O'Dowda in their team selections?? Not only does he not want to be here but he's terrible!! How anyone is putting him ahead of Eliasson is beyond me.. 

I don't rate O'Dowda but feel like we need some width

3 hours ago, spudski said:

It's my own preference as I don't think we are at our best offensively when we play out and out wide players like Elliason.

I think we are at our most effective when go coin a phrase from LJ we are busy bees in and around the box.

Quick passing through the lines...pass move, at pace creating angles.

I think it's brain dead to do that in our build up, only to eventually ping it out wide for Elliason, or whoever, to send a 50/50 ball into the box, where we have one man often defended by 3.

By all means play wide players...but don't just ping crosses in hopefully.

It just doesn't make sense to do that, when all the build up play is about movement, creating space, angles, possession, pressing, accurate fast passing of the ball...only to rely on a 50/50 hopeful ball into the box.

As I said in another thread...you may as well play like Warnock if you are going to do that.

I don’t think playing Elliason means you automatically are continually putting crosses in to the box.

You need width to make use of all the pitch as otherwise it becomes very congested and you need to keep the opposition guessing as to through the middle or out wide.

45 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I would be suprised to see brownhill in cam not because he wouldnt be good there but because of the playera brought in , i wouldnt be suprised to see us go three at the back this season though.

You're probably right. I'm just not convinced by Palmer yet, and it remains to be seen if Smozdics is good enough

4 hours ago, Dan Robin said:

I consider Eliasson one of our most important players, and O'Dowda can be a key player too if his head is not turned, so I'd remain between 4-3-3 (with Eliasson/O'Dowda as third attacker) and 4-4-2, with a preference for the first one. 

My main doubt is about Palmer: where should we play him? I can't see him in midfield (too soft defensively) so Maybe he could play as Weimann's cover in the three upfront?

Anyway...against Brums I'd choose this line-up:

Bentley; Hunt,Moore,Kalas,Dasilva; Brownhill,Nagy,Szmodics/Rowe; Weimann, Afobe, Eliasson.

I actually thought Kasey looked really busy against Leeds. Which is good because if he isn't going be be a second striker then he has to adapt his game slightly so he can play as more a conventional central midfielder, at least in a three if not a two. 

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

You're probably right. I'm just not convinced by Palmer yet, and it remains to be seen if Smozdics is good enough

I think at times Palmer was under rated  similar to weimann because people werent on the same wave length and i believe the new midfielders will give more direct and will suit palmer weimann more. 

I think its important to be patient with our new signings as they understand each other and think our style of play may well be more similar to Leeds . 

Archived