IGNORED

COD

Eddie Notgetinya

What do we do with him then?

Let us go over the facts:

COD Refuses initial contract and makes a counter offer

BCFC agree to counter offer 

COD Refuses contract offer because he believed he was going to get a big move (to  Leeds, Fulham or Forest) the latter of which is almost laughable. 

No move materialises. LJ states that he still wants COD but wants him to sign the contract before the 8th so it shows that he wants to be here. COD still not signed contract as of 8th Aug.

Even if he signs his contact He’s made it obvious he doesn’t really see his future here. I’m tempted to say we should withdraw our offer and let him train with the reserves until next summer but our only real width comes from him and Eliasson. We could include Weimann and Semenyo in that last statement aswell depending on the system we play (Adelukan does not count because he’s done nothing to convince me he’s good enough and There are no other ‘proper’ wingers at the club). The head says keep him integrated in the squad for reasons already outlined as COD playing in a system which reduces the importance of his defensive responsibility could give us a fantastic player. I’ll be interested to see what LJ actually does and what everyone’s opinion is. 

You go one of two ways

Tell him he needs to be playing regularly and well to have teams interested in him or he's going to end up at a worse team who won't pay well next season and hope we get a good season out of him

Sack him off to play in the U23's all season which is cutting off the nose to spite the face

Whilst I like COD, I really don't think his heart is here.  He also (or his agent) seem to think he is better and worth more than he really is.

So best to probably let him go.  The problem is that nobody else thinks CoD is worth as much as he and his agent thinks he's worth, so we've had no offers.

Also, BCFC clearly have a valuation of COD which is more than he's really worth too. Again, that results in no offers.

COD is therefore a bit pissed off and is not giving 100%. Thus hi valuation and worth continue to diminish.

Best option for COD is to sign a contract and put some effort into proving his worth.  But I think he will just waste another year of his life and career running down his contract and make himself a handsome fee going on a free in a year's time.

A shame really and a waste of talent, but it's his life to waste I suppose.

6 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

What do we do with him then?

Let us go over the facts:

COD Refuses initial contract and makes a counter offer

BCFC agree to counter offer 

COD Refuses contract offer because he believed he was going to get a big move (to  Leeds, Fulham or Forest) the latter of which is almost laughable. 

No move materialises. LJ states that he still wants COD but wants him to sign the contract before the 8th so it shows that he wants to be here. COD still not signed contract as of 8th Aug.

Even if he signs his contact He’s made it obvious he doesn’t really see his future here. I’m tempted to say we should withdraw our offer and let him train with the reserves until next summer but our only real width comes from him and Eliasson. We could include Weimann and Semenyo in that last statement aswell depending on the system we play (Adelukan does not count because he’s done nothing to convince me he’s good enough and There are no other ‘proper’ wingers at the club). The head says keep him integrated in the squad for reasons already outlined as COD playing in a system which reduces the importance of his defensive responsibility could give us a fantastic player. I’ll be interested to see what LJ actually does and what everyone’s opinion is. 

‘Let’s go over the facts’ you say

your facts aren’t facts - they are factitious - fact

In fact the only fact we know is that he hasn’t signed - fact. 

LJ has had plenty to say about the situation - fact

COD has said nothing - fact 

None of us really no what’s going on and why, many don’t care - fact 

I’m very bored of the inFACTuation with the COD saga and just want to see him back at his best in a red shirt  

Given the level of speculation and comment perhaps the club should give Callum the opportunity to put the record straight then - by including him in a group press conference for example (covering various aspects of the season/ new squad etc, not under a spotlight). He could then kill all this stone dead and get on with his job. (Or he could use social media to say something). It's gone on so long surely there is no benefit in remaining silent.

32 minutes ago, Brooko said:

I’m very bored of the inFACTuation with the COD saga and just want to see him back at his best in a red shirt  

I can’t tell if you’re being factetious or factuous.

Now fact off 

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst I like COD, I really don't think his heart is here.  He also (or his agent) seem to think he is better and worth more than he really is.

So best to probably let him go.  The problem is that nobody else thinks CoD is worth as much as he and his agent thinks he's worth, so we've had no offers.

Also, BCFC clearly have a valuation of COD which is more than he's really worth too. Again, that results in no offers.

COD is therefore a bit pissed off and is not giving 100%. Thus hi valuation and worth continue to diminish.

Best option for COD is to sign a contract and put some effort into proving his worth.  But I think he will just waste another year of his life and career running down his contract and make himself a handsome fee going on a free in a year's time.

A shame really and a waste of talent, but it's his life to waste I suppose.

This

Clearly Lee Johnson still values him otherwise he wouldn't have been anywhere near the team against Leeds.  You'd have to presume that at the time, the team against Leeds was our strongest, in LJ's mind.  I don't think this will change immediately, especially as none of the new players are in his spot.

I don't think about his contract situation, the fact is he is still a Bristol City player, and having had the discipline his entire life to become a professional football player, this is surely something he takes seriously.

Now the transfer window has closed, what option does Callum have, other than to knuckle down and play well?  If he wants a new club in January or next Summer, then he has to play well to earn it - that's a massive positive for us!

There is a very good player there, and I am pleased he is still here.

He’s a strange one because he has great technical and physical abilities to dominate a game but he seems to struggle to get involved.

He’s talk, quick, great left foot but equally comfortable to cut onto his right, quote skilful and can strike the ball with power, reminds me a bit of a lanky Andros Townsend.

The problem is he doesn’t seem to inject pace into the game. During the Leeds match the couple of times he got the ball on the touch line and was stood up by Dallas, who isn’t a full back by trade, he should have been running at him, twisting and turning trying to get a cross along the 6 yard box, but he took about 3 steps forward and turned back to Dasilva.

1 hour ago, Casualobserver said:

Given the level of speculation and comment perhaps the club should give Callum the opportunity to put the record straight then - by including him in a group press conference for example (covering various aspects of the season/ new squad etc, not under a spotlight). He could then kill all this stone dead and get on with his job. (Or he could use social media to say something). It's gone on so long surely there is no benefit in remaining silent.

Why should Callum put the record straight?  None of our business what happens off the pitch. 

45 minutes ago, Brooko said:

Why should Callum put the record straight?  None of our business what happens off the pitch. 

I thought you might say that. Previously I've heard LJ talk about how social media affects players, and there have been many reports of him being booed - due to the contractual situation. I've no idea if this impacts on him or his family, assuming they hear or read it. You have very robustly voiced an objection to speculation - I was merely offering up a practical solution. Of course, perhaps neither he nor his family hear anything, or read the Tweets......or OTIB so it might not be an issue.

To everyone else on OTIB - This post is nothing to do with who says, shouts or types what, negative or positive. Democracy/free speech and all that.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Clearly Lee Johnson still values him otherwise he wouldn't have been anywhere near the team against Leeds.  You'd have to presume that at the time, the team against Leeds was our strongest, in LJ's mind.  I don't think this will change immediately, especially as none of the new players are in his spot.

I don't think about his contract situation, the fact is he is still a Bristol City player, and having had the discipline his entire life to become a professional football player, this is surely something he takes seriously.

Now the transfer window has closed, what option does Callum have, other than to knuckle down and play well?  If he wants a new club in January or next Summer, then he has to play well to earn it - that's a massive positive for us!

There is a very good player there, and I am pleased he is still here.

I agree up to a point.....no doubt CoD has significant ability but for me he doesn’t produce his best often enough. In some games at AG I barely notice him. 

Frustrating as he his I still like O' Dowda.  His attitude has undoubtedly been suspect since he knew of interest from other clubs, but Johnson has not always used him well either fuelling a sense of frustration I'm sure.

The only thing he can really do now is play as well as he can.   He won't get a decent move otherwise.   We can only benefit from that whilst he is here.

3 hours ago, Brooko said:

You type with an Oxford accent.

2 hours ago, Casualobserver said:

I agree but, unfortunately, the fact he hasn't said anything suggests to me he's behaving like a little sh*t, out for himself and just interested in the money.

I'm going for the pragmatic approach here. Fact is - whether he likes or we like it - he is with us until January at the very least so, as far as I am concerned, the ball is firmly in his court.

He's our player and trains with the squad. I see no reason to punish him or stick him in the reserves but he is competing with five or six other players for places. It's up to him to show whether he is going to give us his all when he gets on the pitch. If so, and he impresses in training, he gets the shirt. If not, someone else does. He is a good player when he wants to be so it comes down to whether he shows that he wants to be. 

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm going for the pragmatic approach here. Fact is - whether he likes or we like it - he is with us until January at the very least so, as far as I am concerned, the ball is firmly in his court.

He's our player and trains with the squad. I see no reason to punish him or stick him in the reserves but he is competing with five or six other players for places. It's up to him to show whether he is going to give us his all when he gets on the pitch. If so, and he impresses in training, he gets the shirt. If not, someone else does. He is a good player when he wants to be so it comes down to whether he shows that he wants to be. 

Agreed.

He can be quite versatile and we will inevitably get injuries or simply burn out.

Unlike some of the lemons in our squad, he has shown that he perform at this level.

Possibly a humbling experience for him the past few months when he realises that the whisper in his ear about how great and in demand he is isn't backed up by the marketplace.

Ball is in his court. I hope he takes on the challenge and performs consisrently because fans have short memories...

Archived