IGNORED

Norwich vs Villa

Unan

4 minutes ago, Unan said:

In the transfer market each team have spent:

Norwich: £0

Villa: £144m

I really hope they get relegated, it would be brilliant. 

Of the promoted sides, I hope Sheffield United do well, I find it hard to dislike Wilder & how he got them playing (Someone tell Danny Mills please)

19 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Of the promoted sides, I hope Sheffield United do well, I find it hard to dislike Wilder & how he got them playing (Someone tell Danny Mills please)

Danny Mills is a complete idiot indeed but he is just one of a lot of ex-players who got jobs as pundits despite appearing to have very little tactical insight or being totally unable to communicate it if they have.

The great majority have nothing much more to say than bland comments of the "he'll be a bit disappointed with that Gary" kind. Just because they played the game it doesn't follow that they have studied it.

29 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Danny Mills is a complete idiot indeed but he is just one of a lot of ex-players who got jobs as pundits despite appearing to have very little tactical insight or being totally unable to communicate it if they have.

The great majority have nothing much more to say than bland comments of the "he'll be a bit disappointed with that Gary" kind. Just because they played the game it doesn't follow that they have studied it.

Mills talks BS whenever he opens his mouth - hope Wilder does well he has done at every other level so deserves his crack at the top I think

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Robbie Savage ?

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Very true same as Chris Sutton,the problem is if you put some bloke let’s say Dave from Devon on people would say what does he know about football he’s never played the game at the top level 

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

It’s refreshing to hear that a premier league manager will be getting a bus to the local pub to where he grew up on a Friday. His mates take the piss out of his team selection, normality 

10 minutes ago, Super said:

3 down but playing fairly well!

Nice to watch and trying to play football. Equally, unless they lean to defend better very quickly indeed they are going to go the same way as Fulham. Hard to judge them in 30 mins at Anfield in fairness.

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

Norwich didn't really spend anything last year either - they seem to be pretty savvy.

No one really knows if they did or if they didn’t - they signed 8 players on ‘undisclosed transfer fees’ last season ... mind you, they signed another 8 players on free transfers and won the title ...

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Imagine the complete and utter meltdown on here if we got promoted to the PL and didn't spend any money at all in the transfer window. 

I can easily imagine!...but what Norwich have done is explain their strategy and - I imagine - take their fan base with them...as Burnley have done in the past. I'd like to think City would do that.

I think with their approach, they'll most definitely need to tighten up against the bigger teams in the league. Almost do what we almost successfully did at Man City a few seasons ago, where we were tight but pressed at key moments, and tried to play and attack them when we had the ball.

But I think if they play like they have done (albeit they're 4 goals down), against the lesser teams they'll be able to pick up points. They've moved the ball around very well at times in the first half. I'd like to see us play a similar way, if we were to ourselves get to the PL. 

Thought Norwich played pretty well v Liverpool tonight. Caused them plenty of problems, Arnold & Gomez continually caught out. 

Unlucky to lose so heavily really. Based on that, they’ll compete but they sure need to defend better. 

One point of order though. Jeez, what a player that Todd Cantwell is. Ok, they lost 4-1 tonight but this kid looked to have some incredible ability. Apparently he’s out of contract this season, I can easily see a top 8 club taking him next year. Very very impressed. 

Archived