IGNORED

Taylor Moore - is he good enough to start?

pigeon

In many ways, it should not matter if he made errors or was responsible for a goal conceded.

It is how he reacts to his errors in the coming months. Does he dwell on mistakes or just get on with the game?

The same applies to all players, even those with years of experience. Football is a game shaped by the mistakes and the only way for young players to learn and improve is to play.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on him to constantly improve and become a very good central defender.

13 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Thought he did very little wrong v Leeds. Huge pressure game for him and he coped perfectly well. He fully deserves to keep his place and I challenge anyone who disagrees to come up with a reason that he shouldn't?

I agree he did pretty well vs Leeds ... but I’ve watched this lots and just can’t understand what he was thinking/doing ... 

From 05:24 ...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Baker and Kalas for me ...

Why drop Moore though? Baker is a liability no? Moore has class. England youth international right through all age groups to U21 and captained U20's. He performed really well under the microscope v Leeds which to me confirmed he has the quality and balls to play at this level. 

I don't think we can risk starting Baker or Wright until they are totally fit. It would be pointless starting either only for them to come off and waste a substitution. Moore should be OK. 

He did well overall against Leeds, there were many poor performances against Leeds from players whom you would expect to start. 

7 hours ago, pigeon said:

Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this, is Taylor Moore capable of filling Websters shoes?

No doubt he'll have in the back of his mind who he is replacing and I feel like he has the playing style to match Webby:

1. If there is space in front of him then he's happy to burst through, as he did a few times last weekend, which is very Webster-esque.
  2. Although we lost 3-1, I don't recall him being singularly at fault for any of the goals (correct me if i'm wrong!). 
  3. No doubt he has grown (both upwards and outwards) which makes him far more suitable for this level than when he first turned up looking like he was ready for his first day of school!
  4. Both have blonde hair, I rest my case. 

I'm keen to see what he can do over the next few games and I hope LJ will give him a chance rather than chucking Baker in straight away. 

At this point, no, got to learn to be more physical.  Too nice with Bamford.  Looks like he can play (not to Webster’s level, and not as comfortable with both feet, with Webster it was tough to tell which foot he was).  Will need to improve his comms with Kalas and Dasilva.  Webster was great at covering Dasilva aerially.  

But with Vyner going out on loan and window closed, he’ll never have a better chance.

Think Baker might start tomorrow.

7 hours ago, TBW said:

Ask again after a month.

I saw Webster play two games last season and then moved out of Bristol for the rest of the season and thought he was utter shite. Apparently he wasn't, I just wasn't there to see it and then he's worth £20m.

For me, Moore gave a better account of himself against a good Leeds side than Webster did on day one a year ago.

But it could go either way...

What I find most interesting is he's forced himself ahead of Vyner.

My first game was Boro having been in Oz for Forest and Bolton.  Looked like he didn’t like heading it.  Saw glimpses v QPR and then excellent from Swansea onwards.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My first game was Boro having been in Oz for Forest and Bolton.  Looked like he didn’t like heading it.  Saw glimpses v QPR and then excellent from Swansea onwards.

I saw Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough at home then disappeared. 

Moore was solid on the whole against Leeds although he did make one or two errors that were indirectly costly, but the lad has pedigree and the necessary tools at his disposal.

It was me who put the link up about his very honest interview emphasising about his personal mental struggle with the game. 

Do not underestimate how quickly someone can improve when it clicks in the head. So let’s get fully behind him, I’ve a feeling he may just surprise some. 

13 hours ago, TBW said:

Ask again after a month.

I saw Webster play two games last season and then moved out of Bristol for the rest of the season and thought he was utter shite. Apparently he wasn't, I just wasn't there to see it and then he's worth £20m.

For me, Moore gave a better account of himself against a good Leeds side than Webster did on day one a year ago.

But it could go either way...

What I find most interesting is he's forced himself ahead of Vyner.

Fair enough thinking he’s bad, but moving away from the City is a bit extreme?!

;)

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Fair enough thinking he’s bad, but moving away from the City is a bit extreme?!

;)

It did the man the world of good and earned us a nice payday. Who should I move away because of next?

13 hours ago, Monkeh said:

The midfield were at fault for the 2nd and third for not doing defensive work,

that left him exposed for the second and for not doing any creative or attacking work that left him trying to do it himself for the third

13 hours ago, INCRED said:

No and he was at fault for 2nd & 3rd goal

14 hours ago, CraigBCFC10 said:

I think he got bullied by Bamford. Moore battled well to his credit, however he was at fault for the 2nd and 3rd goal. 

I love otib, you really get a clear idea of what happened and who was at fault, should you miss a game ?

Against Leeds, we were well beaten and comprehensively outplayed by a far superior side and not one single individual could escape criticism, including senior players with vastly more experience. Judge Moore’s display within that context, if you want to make a fair assessment. And as for the assertion that he was poor at Southend, what I’ve seen of their fans’ comments would flatly contradict that.

No doubt in my mind that TM has all the skills to become a top defender. What he lacks currently is Championship experience. The more he plays the better he’ll get.

Sure, he was caught out by a Leeds move that led to Bamfords header but so were other defenders. The ball that led to the cross could/should have been intercepted by Dasilva but hey-ho.........

I thought Moore played very well only to be let down by his more experienced team mates, Pack and Brownhill were awful in midfield constantly giving the ball away then unable to get back to help out and down our right with Hunt and Weiman that was exposed time and time again, All 11 players have to give their all and work as one and that did not happen last Sunday. 

2 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Against Leeds, we were well beaten and comprehensively outplayed by a far superior side and not one single individual could escape criticism, including senior players with vastly more experience. Judge Moore’s display within that context, if you want to make a fair assessment. And as for the assertion that he was poor at Southend, what I’ve seen of their fans’ comments would flatly contradict that.

That is the context:

- playing against a very good (on the day) Leeds side

- lots of other players playing poorly

I’m not gonna write him off. I liked him when he joined, gone off him a bit, but he appears to have the right attitude.

Thought Vyner had kept ahead of him. Appears not. 

He has a way to go and will need to learn quickly.  

So, left out of the match day squad altogether today - the precise opposite of what many of us would have advocated. So much for my argument about showing faith in the player, building his confidence and giving him much needed Championship experience. I respect Bailey Wright, but would have preferred to see Moore persevered with if we want to play out from the back.

Moore not in the team is a surprise. But we have come to expect the unexpected with our wee tinker man. Today he has selected a Berlin Wall with an interesting midfield in front. Lots of new signings so LJ not sure ? but only time will tell as players get to know how each other had how to work together!

7 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

So, left out of the match day squad altogether today - the precise opposite of what many of us would have advocated. So much for my argument about showing faith in the player, building his confidence and giving him much needed Championship experience. I respect Bailey Wright, but would have preferred to see Moore persevered with if we want to play out from the back.

I should imagine he would have played today if JD hadn't broken his shin.

With a new RB, I can see the thinking in having three experienced heads at the back with so many new faces.

Apparently Moore will play on Tuesday.

Archived