Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
myol'man

FA Cup 2019-20

Recommended Posts

Starts tomorrow with the extra preliminary round. Local tie include;

Bitton Vs Bridport

Bridgwater Vs Hallen

Cheddar Vs Bradford Town

Cribbs Vs Wellington

Saltash Vs Clevedon

Shepton Mallet Vs Cadbury Heath

Street Vs Odd Down

Tavistock Vs Hengrove

and the closest of local derbies.  Keynsham Vs Briz

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ks v Briz looks a good match. Both teams are looking to generate a bit of early season momentum, plus it will be a marker for the forthcoming league fixtures. Expect an unusually large gate for this one.

Hope the Grove will have a stronger side out this week. Last week had plenty of young 'uns in due to missing seniors and got a bit of a stuffing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite by chance i found there's live coverage of a 12.30 kick off being shown on BBC red button service.

Punjab United are losing 1-0 at half time to Broad bridge Heath. Hopefully in two weeks time, they'll have coverage of one of our local teams in the next round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are today's results; http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/results

Bitton Vs Bridport  2-1       home to  Mangotsfield next round

Bridgwater Vs Hallen   1-0   home to Briz

Cheddar Vs Bradford Town   2-3   home to Larkhall

Cribbs Vs Wellington   1-1   winners home to Bideford

Saltash Vs Clevedon   1-2   home to BMF

Shepton Mallet Vs Cadbury Heath   3-1   home to Melksham

Street Vs Odd Down   4-1   home to Willand or St Austell

Tavistock Vs Hengrove   3-0   home to Frome

and the closest of local derbies.  Keynsham Vs Briz   0-1   away to B'water

Yate come in the next round and are home to Exmouth or Barnstaple

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is the next round ? 

Clevedon v manor farm sounds like a cracker ! 

Just down the road from me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Good win for Tavi Town. Bring on Frome in the next round.

I know Tavistock have gone up to the Western league but I note its all change in the Peninsula league. Almost separate Devon and Cornwall leagues.  With the introduction of another level below that seems to have made a major difference to the local leagues.

The South Devon league now has only 4 Divisions, compared to 6 last season.  15 years ago there was 8 divisions!!!

I wonder how many are playing local football compared to then?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

I know Tavistock have gone up to the Western league but I note its all change in the Peninsula league. Almost separate Devon and Cornwall leagues.  With the introduction of another level below that seems to have made a major difference to the local leagues.

The South Devon league now has only 4 Divisions, compared to 6 last season.  15 years ago there was 8 divisions!!!

I wonder how many are playing local football compared to then?

 

I hadn`t realised the Peninsula League had changed as it has TBH. It does make sense re. travelling although some sides are still in for a fair bit - the only Cornish sides in the Premier East are Torpoint Athletic and Millbrook as far as I can see which sort of makes sense - except when you see Saltash United in the Premier West!

Got to draw a line somewhere I guess.

I do wonder about Tavi`s future in the Western League though - their closest game is Plymouth Parkway and they have to go all the way to Westbury. It`s very Bristol/Bath/N&E Somerset heavy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I hadn`t realised the Peninsula League had changed as it has TBH. It does make sense re. travelling although some sides are still in for a fair bit - the only Cornish sides in the Premier East are Torpoint Athletic and Millbrook as far as I can see which sort of makes sense - except when you see Saltash United in the Premier West!

Got to draw a line somewhere I guess.

I do wonder about Tavi`s future in the Western League though - their closest game is Plymouth Parkway and they have to go all the way to Westbury. It`s very Bristol/Bath/N&E Somerset heavy.

But with Buckland and Exmouth 4 teams from Devon has to be the most for many a year.

Exmouth were in the league late 60s early 70s, alongside Brixham and Falmouth.

Falmouth were a dominate side back then won the league on a few occasions .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

But with Buckland and Exmouth 4 teams from Devon has to be the most for many a year.

Exmouth were in the league late 60s early 70s, alongside Brixham and Falmouth.

Falmouth were a dominate side back then won the league on a few occasions .

You can probably include Wellington and Bridgwater too as ones where the travelling isn`t too bad - except in the holiday season as I know only too well!

As a Taunton Town fan I well remember some right old battles with Falmouth over the years - both on and off the pitch!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roman Glass won 3-2 today - away to Didcot next round.

Leighton Town 4 - Thornbury 1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 22A said:

Roman Glass won 3-2 today - away to Didcot next round.

Leighton Town 4 - Thornbury 1 

I played a few games for them back in the day before they joined up with St George.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...