Bridgwater Vs Hallen

Cheddar Vs Bradford Town

Cribbs Vs Wellington

Saltash Vs Clevedon

Shepton Mallet Vs Cadbury Heath

Street Vs Odd Down

Tavistock Vs Hengrove

and the closest of local derbies.  Keynsham Vs Briz

Ks v Briz looks a good match. Both teams are looking to generate a bit of early season momentum, plus it will be a marker for the forthcoming league fixtures. Expect an unusually large gate for this one.

Hope the Grove will have a stronger side out this week. Last week had plenty of young 'uns in due to missing seniors and got a bit of a stuffing.

Quite by chance i found there's live coverage of a 12.30 kick off being shown on BBC red button service.

Punjab United are losing 1-0 at half time to Broad bridge Heath. Hopefully in two weeks time, they'll have coverage of one of our local teams in the next round.

Here are today's results; http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/results

Bitton Vs Bridport  2-1       home to  Mangotsfield next round

Bridgwater Vs Hallen   1-0   home to Briz

Cheddar Vs Bradford Town   2-3   home to Larkhall

Cribbs Vs Wellington   1-1   winners home to Bideford

Saltash Vs Clevedon   1-2   home to BMF

Shepton Mallet Vs Cadbury Heath   3-1   home to Melksham

Street Vs Odd Down   4-1   home to Willand or St Austell

Tavistock Vs Hengrove   3-0   home to Frome

and the closest of local derbies.  Keynsham Vs Briz   0-1   away to B'water

Yate come in the next round and are home to Exmouth or Barnstaple

56 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Good win for Tavi Town. Bring on Frome in the next round.

I know Tavistock have gone up to the Western league but I note its all change in the Peninsula league. Almost separate Devon and Cornwall leagues.  With the introduction of another level below that seems to have made a major difference to the local leagues.

The South Devon league now has only 4 Divisions, compared to 6 last season.  15 years ago there was 8 divisions!!!

I wonder how many are playing local football compared to then?

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

I know Tavistock have gone up to the Western league but I note its all change in the Peninsula league. Almost separate Devon and Cornwall leagues.  With the introduction of another level below that seems to have made a major difference to the local leagues.

The South Devon league now has only 4 Divisions, compared to 6 last season.  15 years ago there was 8 divisions!!!

I wonder how many are playing local football compared to then?

I hadn`t realised the Peninsula League had changed as it has TBH. It does make sense re. travelling although some sides are still in for a fair bit - the only Cornish sides in the Premier East are Torpoint Athletic and Millbrook as far as I can see which sort of makes sense - except when you see Saltash United in the Premier West!

Got to draw a line somewhere I guess.

I do wonder about Tavi`s future in the Western League though - their closest game is Plymouth Parkway and they have to go all the way to Westbury. It`s very Bristol/Bath/N&E Somerset heavy.

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I hadn`t realised the Peninsula League had changed as it has TBH. It does make sense re. travelling although some sides are still in for a fair bit - the only Cornish sides in the Premier East are Torpoint Athletic and Millbrook as far as I can see which sort of makes sense - except when you see Saltash United in the Premier West!

Got to draw a line somewhere I guess.

I do wonder about Tavi`s future in the Western League though - their closest game is Plymouth Parkway and they have to go all the way to Westbury. It`s very Bristol/Bath/N&E Somerset heavy.

But with Buckland and Exmouth 4 teams from Devon has to be the most for many a year.

Exmouth were in the league late 60s early 70s, alongside Brixham and Falmouth.

Falmouth were a dominate side back then won the league on a few occasions .

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

But with Buckland and Exmouth 4 teams from Devon has to be the most for many a year.

Exmouth were in the league late 60s early 70s, alongside Brixham and Falmouth.

Falmouth were a dominate side back then won the league on a few occasions .

You can probably include Wellington and Bridgwater too as ones where the travelling isn`t too bad - except in the holiday season as I know only too well!

As a Taunton Town fan I well remember some right old battles with Falmouth over the years - both on and off the pitch!

Archived