IGNORED

Now the dust has settled...

spudski

....and bearing in mind everyone at the Club is probably focusing on tomorrow's game...however...are we likely to get an in-depth post mortem interview with LJ and MA as to how the transfer window panned out...the details...Nketiah etc, etc etc.?

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere...

1 minute ago, spudski said:

....and bearing in mind everyone at the Club is probably focusing on tomorrow's game...however...are we likely to get an in-depth post mortem interview with LJ and MA as to how the transfer window panned out...the details...Nketiah etc, etc etc.?

I would imagine so. But a somewhat watered down version. As calling out club A or player B has no real benefit, other than to close a potential line in the future. More interested in the players we have signed, than lost out to. So an in-depth chat on the scouting etc on them would be good. COYR 

6 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I would imagine so. But a somewhat watered down version. As calling out club A or player B has no real benefit, other than to close a potential line in the future. More interested in the players we have signed, than lost out to. So an in-depth chat on the scouting etc on them would be good. COYR 

That's how I also see it...would love them to give a little insight to certain aspects that were either rumoured or reported on though...for example Charlie Austin.

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

Twentyman is trying to get MA on his show for this Monday 

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

Like you I'm very interested in how the club does its business...I'm committed and want to be supportive and I think it's easier to do that if you appreciate the challenges that people like Mark Ashton face.

My career was in a public facing organisation which periodically opened up about what it was doing and the choices it had to make and invited people along. It was always interesting, and valuable, to get feedback from people who paid our wages...whose perspective was very sometimes very different to ours. I think an open Q&A would be fascinating

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

If we win and Afobe scores everyone will forget about what supposedly went wrong in the transfer window. 

I’m hoping for 3 points tomorrow and some optimism  for the rest of the season. 

Funny how we as fans see it...I think everythingturned out right in the window in the end. Would rather have Adobe over Nketiah as he's proven and we need an experienced head.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Leave LJ out of it, He's not responsible for transfers

MA should put his big boy pants on and do it

He's as much responsible as MA.

MA does the financial contract negotiating and sells the club as a whole.

Players speak to LJ as to the footballing side and his philosophy...

Both aspects sell the Club to any player thinking of coming here.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Funny how we as fans see it...I think everythingturned out right in the window in the end. Would rather have Adobe over Nketiah as he's proven and we need an experienced head.

Yes, I agree...a player we'd have been amazed to land just a couple of years ago.

I mean more from a negotiating POV

Nketiah once a big club like Leeds came calling, I don't think LJ can so much more. Any of us, with no affinity to City, would probably pick Leeds in the same position

To hammer LJ, which is what would happen, is pointless. Ultimately the buck stops with MA

Also have to say I was surprised SL saying last weekend that JL was on holiday. First game of the seas, transfer window still open and he's led on a beach. Found that a little odd ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Yes, I agree...a player we'd have been amazed to land just a couple of years ago.

I like the signing the more I think about it. If we can get the Wolves version back then we've hit the jackpot

Only 26 as well, would have had him 2 or 3 years older than that

One of his backside tomorrow would be lovely

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I mean more from a negotiating POV

Nketiah once a big club like Leeds came calling, I don't think LJ can so much more. Any of us, with no affinity to City, would probably pick Leeds in the same position

To hammer LJ, which is what would happen, is pointless. Ultimately the buck stops with MA

Also have to say I was surprised SL saying last weekend that JL was on holiday. First game of the seas, transfer window still open and he's led on a beach. Found that a little odd ?‍♂️

I'm not so sure about Nketiah and why he chose last minute to go to Leeds.

We've courted him for a while. Was it him..his agent...people higher up at Arsenal that had the final say?

I don't think anyone would blame LJ or MA...the opposite in fact. They've done really well.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

We've courted him for a while. Was it him..his agent...people higher up at Arsenal that had the final say?

I don't think anyone would blame LJ or MA...the opposite in fact. They've done really well.

It’s easy to see why they are bigger then us and their dof is mates with Arsenal’s manager

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

As Monkeh says, the DOF relationship may have pleated a part as well

I'm not knocking MA, now the dust has settled I really like what we've done. But I don't want LJ taking the inevitable incoming on this. We had money to spend, everyone knew it, I think (hope) we have spent well. The midfield needed a shake up and we got it

No excuses now though, it's their squad. Time to deliver

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It’s easy to see why they are bigger then us and their dof is mates with Arsenal’s manager

Yes...I realise and know that...however that doesn't mean it's the best Club for his development.

We don't know whether their system is best for him, whether they will play him every week etc.

He said he wanted to go on loan to get regular games etc.

He was very focussed on developing himself.

Would be interesting to know whether he had the decency to tell us why HE chose Leeds over us.

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

As Monkeh says, the DOF relationship may have pleated a part as well

I'm not knocking MA, now the dust has settled I really like what we've done. But I don't want LJ taking the inevitable incoming on this. We had money to spend, everyone knew it, I think (hope) we have spent well. The midfield needed a shake up and we got it

No excuses now though, it's their squad. Time to deliver

Exciting times...

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Yes...I realise and know that...however that doesn't mean it's the best Club for his development.

We don't know whether their system is best for him, whether they will play him every week etc.

He said he wanted to go on loan to get regular games etc.

He was very focussed on developing himself.

Would be interesting to know whether he had the decency to tell us why HE chose Leeds over us.

It seems (based on heresay in fairness) that his reps did not even have the decency to tell us he was not going to turn up for his medical, so not holding my breath.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

It seems (based on heresay in fairness) that his reps did not even have the decency to tell us he was not going to turn up for his medical, so not holding my breath.

I read that also...if that's the case, I would hope we weren't shy in coming forward and calling it out.

42 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Leave LJ out of it, He's not responsible for transfers

MA should put his big boy pants on and do it

I don’t believe that at all, he is the manager/coach that has to decide on the tactics used, he would name players he would want to fit into the system he wants to use. He is bound to be hands on with the deals. 

Infact if he wasn’t I would be extremely concerned that he’s not doing his job properly. 

I would expect him to be talking to players and their agents, after all he is the voice and face that these players will have to look/ listen to. A player would want to speak to a manager to find out what he’s all about before signing. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Can’t have everything. Not getting a centre half is a bit concerning . 

Don't understand letting pack leave when we have two new midfielders that’s never kicked a ball in English football . Although it’s very good money for Marlon . Just think it’s a strange decision .

Very happy though , who’d of thought we’d be signing players from Monaco and Benfica  

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can’t have everything. Not getting a centre half is a bit concerning . 

Don't understand letting pack leave when we have two new midfielders that’s never kicked a ball in English football . Although it’s very good money for Marlon . Just think it’s a strange decision .

Very happy though , who’d of thought we’d be signing players from Monaco and Benfica  

This is why I'd like to know the thinking...

Bit depressed yesterday, far more optimistic this morning. Then journey home from work. 3 hours stuck in pitch black railway tunnel before rescued by emergency services- wooden ladder job, 1 by 1 , then half mile walk in tunnel. Now holed up in London Premier Inn. May realistically miss tomorrow’s game, but not as gutting as not being home with wife, as it’s our silver wedding! Not gonna worry about lack of a Webster replacement until next week.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Exciting times...

Hope so ?

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Suspect it happens far more than we ever hear about, CE. Normal practice

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I don’t believe that at all, he is the manager/coach that has to decide on the tactics used, he would name players he would want to fit into the system he wants to use. He is bound to be hands on with the deals. 

Infact if he wasn’t I would be extremely concerned that he’s not doing his job properly. 

I would expect him to be talking to players and their agents, after all he is the voice and face that these players will have to look/ listen to. A player would want to speak to a manager to find out what he’s all about before signing. 

Missing the point here, Bill. LJ will certainly have an input, of course he will. But he can't explain the ins and outs of why a particular deal didn't happen, he really wouldn't be doing his job then

MA is the person doing the sums, and let's not kid ourselves this is what 99% of it all boils down to. Who will pay the most. LJ will (should) be concentrating on the next game more than the maths

2 hours ago, spudski said:

You won't get anything meaningful out of MA. He'll do his usual saying a lot without saying anything. LJ more likely to blab as Warnock did today by firmly laying the blame for Reid's departure at the door of his agent. 

MA is a master though, won't criticise in public unless it's really warranted. All we'll get from him is positive spin.

2 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Spot On

Archived