IGNORED

Now the dust has settled...

spudski

29 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

How does he become "ready" for the championship if not by playing games ?

He looks to me to have all the credentials for this level, just needs the experience.

Depends how quickly he learns from mistakes. He was up against a good striker last week but there are better. If he shows signs of adapting quickly then great. You’re right , how will we know if he doesn’t play. If he keeps making the same mistakes then we have a problem. LJ sees him every day so we will have to trust him. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was one game Stevie against a very very good Leeds team. Pretty much every City player struggled against them. TM was no exception.

However, Moore did well enough to get praised by both LJ and Deano.

All he needs are more Championship games to gain more experience at this level.

Well they’re not going to slag a young player off in public are they . We’ll have to see won’t we and as I reiterated a few times now. I hope he proves me wrong. 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I don't think you can argue with those facts, however I'm more interested in whether it was true that he just didn't turn up for his medical with no notification. If so...that says a lot about him as a person. By all means change your mind, but do the right thing, especially if a Club have spent time courting you. That sort of mud sticks and he's been badly advised if true. What goes around....

I find it very hard to believe that was the case to be honest. He doesn't sound like that sort. 

He'd have pissed off Arsenal if he'd done that too don't forget. Far more likely Leeds came in late and Arsenal told him to go there instead. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It was one game Stevie against a very very good Leeds team. Pretty much every City player struggled against them. TM was no exception.

However, Moore did well enough to get praised by both LJ and Deano.

All he needs are more Championship games to gain more experience at this level.

Taylor Moore was the one positive for me last weekend and also showed some good touches against Palace. The one problem is hes right footed playing on the left side. I can see a player in there and as others have said, he's bulked out abit. I hope the kid makes it but he needs games to gain experience.

It feels far too soon to criticise Taylor Moore for anything that went wrong in the Leeds game. He might have not even made the squad if Webster's transfer hadn't gone through 24 hrs before. Hardly ideal preparation.

He made a few mistakes and looked short of pace but Kalas and Hunt didn't cover themselves in glory.

If I was typing this from my laptop, I would run a search on posts from 12 months ago when some people were saying Webster looked uncertain on the ball and was a poor replacement for the departed Flint.

We need to give Moore at least 5 games to know whether he's going to make the grade. A strong season at Southend with all their fans wishing him well tells you everything. Both Flint and Webster made that lower league transition so every reason to think that Taylor Moore has more than enough to make that CB role his own.

Had we gone out and bought a 22 year old player who had represented England at U17, U18, U19 and U20 level, we would have been pretty excited.

16 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Also have to say I was surprised SL saying last weekend that JL was on holiday. First game of the seas, transfer window still open and he's led on a beach. Found that a little odd ?‍♂️

Yeah agree on this found it strange too...

Very interesting thread and comments. I believe, based on hunches more than real facts, that we will be much stronger as a squad when the newcomers have been here a while.

In some ways, I'm more content with the experience of Afobe than another young Premier rookie.

The midfielders we have brought in, are interesting to say the least. Johnson talked about being bold this summer, so is this what he was talking about? He certainly showed a ruthless streak to move Pack and PA to out. I was surprised at this, never expected that to happen. Bold!

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Very interesting thread and comments. I believe, based on hunches more than real facts, that we will be much stronger as a squad when the newcomers have been here a while.

I said we’d be a slow burner, combination of tough start and new players, would mean it might be mid-Sept / early-Oct before we see our best form.  Yesterday was encouraging his new players settled in and with a new system.  Nagy - high football intelligence???

In some ways, I'm more content with the experience of Afobe than another young Premier rookie.

i saw Nketiah as being quite risky, especially if he was gonna be up top on his own.  Afobe is a very capable striker at this level....and appears highly motivated to be here.  Bodes well.

The midfielders we have brought in, are interesting to say the least. Johnson talked about being bold this summer, so is this what he was talking about? He certainly showed a ruthless streak to move Pack and PA to out. I was surprised at this, never expected that to happen. Bold!

There will be peaks and troughs in form as our new players get used to the Champ and their team mates.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Afobe is a very capable striker at this level....and appears highly motivated to be here.  Bodes well.

It was noticeable how much he kept acknowledging the City fans when we were singing his name yesterday. Had a genuine smile on his face and you could see him thinking "this feels more like it". I hope the wider faithful - who tend to be a bit more moany and get on players backs - keep up the support as I could see him really flourishing here if he feels good. 

Archived