IGNORED

Nagy squad number

'Orns

12 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Didn't Biff wear 8? Jeez, too long ago man.

1. Sinclair 2. Llewellyn 3. Bailey 4. Shelton 5. Humphries 6. Rennie 7. Gavin 8. Newman 9. Taylor 10. Smith 11. Turner.

Woof!

I think you have that bang on ??

Thought Smith was 10 but couldn’t remember turner being 11

And that means Biff was playing CB at no 8....

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

There hasn't been an Afobe announcement video has there?

Yeh...I was just trying to find it on the twitter feed. I SWEAR I watched one earlier today, probably about midday UK time. I SWEAR he pulled on a number 21 shirt...but now I can't see that tweet? Maybe they took it down.

He was up on the roof and it definitely showed him pulling on an "Afobe 21" shirt.

Edit: Ok. I think it was a different edit of this one. Maybe I've gone mad or was dreaming but I'd swear to god I saw a version that showed the back of the shirt and it had "Afobe 21".  Don't go getting that printed up just yet maybe...I'm not as generous as the club are when it comes to refunds.

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

Hope you're not watching Liverpool.

Van Dijk wearing 4 with Wijnaldum and Fabinho wearing 5 and 3 in midfield. 

Try not to watch that lot if I can help it ?

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Does it really matter what shirt Nagy wears? 

Shirt numbers these day mean bugger all.

Don't ******* reply then ?

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh...I was just trying to find it on the twitter feed. I SWEAR I watched one earlier today, probably about midday UK time. I SWEAR he pulled on a number 21 shirt...but now I can't see that tweet? Maybe they took it down.

He was up on the roof and it definitely showed him pulling on an "Afobe 21" shirt.

Edit: Ok. I think it was a different edit of this one. Maybe I've gone mad or was dreaming but I'd swear to god I saw a version that showed the back of the shirt and it had "Afobe 21".  Don't go getting that printed up just yet maybe...I'm not as generous as the club are when it comes to refunds.

I'm gunna go for #34 or #36.

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

He 100% was wearing Afobe 21. 

9 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

He 100% was wearing Afobe 21. 

Thank you. 

So either a) they pulled it because they thought to maybe wait before just chucking Pack's still warm shirt onto a brand new loanee's back, b) Afobe decided that actually he would rather have 20, 24, 26, 29, or one of the other numbers available, or c) someone's heading off on loan and their number has been freed up.*

*I'm not sure if this is actually how numbers work when people get loaned out.

21 is going to look funny on anyone but Packy now

This whole thread brings up a good talking point. If you had to pick a squad number what would it be, and why (other than for old skool positional reasons)?

I'd go for 39. Mine and my wife's birthdays added together = 39. My 3 daughters birthdays added together = 39. Letters in the 3 girls full names added together (surname not included) = 39. Age when daughter #3 was born, yep, you've guessed it.....39

Then the boy came along and ****** it all up. The kids birthdays now add up to 70, and I hate it ?

And I never played DM, so I wouldn't feel.bad about it either!

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Thank you. 

So either a) they pulled it because they thought to maybe wait before just chucking Pack's still warm shirt onto a brand new loanee's back, b) Afobe decided that actually he would rather have 20, 24, 26, 29, or one of the other numbers available, or c) someone's heading off on loan and their number has been freed up.*

*I'm not sure if this is actually how numbers work when people get loaned out.

Did wonder whether he might not be for form this weekend and he was waiting for Taylor, Watkins, Adelekan etc to get a L1 loan sorted

If it's a season long loan then I don't see a problem with him slipping on #10 if Taylor moves, for example. 6 month loan and MT is back in January, that could be tricky

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

21 is going to look funny on anyone but Packy now

This whole thread brings up a good talking point. If you had to pick a squad number what would it be, and why (other than for old skool positional reasons)?

I'd go for 39. Mine and my wife's birthdays added together = 39. My 3 daughters birthdays added together = 39. Letters in the 3 girls full names added together (surname not included) = 39. Age when daughter #3 was born, yep, you've guessed it.....39

Then the boy came along and ****** it all up. The kids birthdays now add up to 70, and I hate it ?

And I never played DM, so I wouldn't feel.bad about it either!

I won 7 'caps' for my junior school team playing at Right Back, so the number 2 shirt would be mine.

I was dogsh!te to be honest. Stealing a wage.

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Jeez, I went through all that and you go for 8 because 'it looks good' ?

It does though, completely agree

I'm a simple man Woodsy. Also, in my dreams I'm a devastating box-to-box midfielder who slips balls through defences for fun, slaps in 15 25 yd screamers a season and runs back for at least ten world class sliding tackles a game. So 8 fits.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm a simple man Woodsy. Also, in my dreams I'm a devastating box-to-box midfielder who slips balls through defences for fun, slaps in 15 25 yd screamers a season and runs back for at least ten world class sliding tackles a game. So 8 fits.

All left footed as well, I bet?

You're in my starting line up any time ?

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Didn't Biff wear 8? Jeez, too long ago man.

1. Sinclair 2. Llewellyn 3. Bailey 4. Shelton 5. Humphries 6. Rennie 7. Gavin 8. Newman 9. Taylor 10. Smith 11. Turner.

Woof!

Love this,,, made me all misty eyed and nostalgic!

my boy plays and wears 8, so i kinda have a soft spot for that now 

4 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Can I just take a moment to thank our Hungarian defensive midfield hero for taking squad number 4 

No longer do I have to put up with a centre half wearing it. He is my new hero

Mods - please lock. No need to continue the conversation, but let people leave thumbs up and that stuff, because everyone knows I'm right on this 

#nagy4

There will only ever be one Bristol City number 4 for me ...

4D259B94-4095-48E1-8EA0-3B96D831666F.jpeg

Archived