IGNORED

Will this be your year?

Montpelierblue

You never know, there is always a team not fancied by the bookies that make it if you look back over the last 10 years, from us, to Norwich, Sheffield Utd,  Hull, Swansea, Bournemouth, bha, brum,  Watford, Leicester.....think stoke and Swansea were faves to bounce back last season, that went well! We were 25/1 last time we got promoted, it happens, this year is wide open folks. 

9 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

You never know, there is always a team not fancied by the bookies that make it if you look back over the last 10 years, from us, to Norwich, Sheffield Utd,  Hull, Swansea, Bournemouth, bha, brum,  Watford, Leicester.....think stoke and Swansea were faves to bounce back last season, that went well! We were 25/1 last time we got promoted, it happens, this year is wide open folks. 

Us? 

13 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

Considering all the new players we've bought, those stalwarts that have left and not knowing how good they are or even what team we're likely to put out, I have to say I haven't got a clue Mb.

It could be very good or it could be a total car crash TBH. We'll know more in a month's time I think, once all the new boys have settled down. I'm expecting a poor start while they gel but we, hopefully, will get going at some point. 

Losing / not replacing Adam Webster is a big blow. With him in the side I would have been more confident but we'll have to trust Johnson in not replacing him.

To answer your question, I really don't know. 

IF we had held onto Webster, IF Bentley and Afobe can find their old form, and IF the two Europeans live up to their potential then I would've been confident of a top 6 and then who knows what could've happened? However, one of those IF's didn't happen and the other two we'll find out about - this could end up being a long old season!

How about you? How confident are you of bouncing straight back up?

13 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

I think we've got a reasonable shot at the playoffs. I don't think we're actually being seen as outsiders particularly this season. Lots of pundits tipping us for top 8 or playoffs.

As for Cardiff, I'd never write off a Warnock team so I'd expect you to be around the playoffs yourselves. 

This looks like being the year for someone "unfancied," someone without parachute payments, to grab one of the three promotion places. But having missed out on our top target and potentially that bit of magic up front - a game-changing centre forward and goalscorer - and with a lot of churn to manage, it'll be a surprise if it turns out to be our year.

Unless all our new midfield options bring goals with them as well as chances and assists, and Fam and Afobe exceed expectations. 

I've gone for promotion through the play-offs on the prediction thread. I think this our first possible promotion year since we have been back in the Championship.

I haven't thought that we've previously had a realistic chance.

I'm not definite that we're going up; the only time I have felt like that was one season under John Ward and I put money on it and won.

No money is going on this time.

1 hour ago, JustinCider said:

IF we had held onto Webster, IF Bentley and Afobe can find their old form, and IF the two Europeans live up to their potential then I would've been confident of a top 6 and then who knows what could've happened? However, one of those IF's didn't happen and the other two we'll find out about - this could end up being a long old season!

But if one of the Ifs didn't happen then the other ifs wouldn't have happened.

If Afobe recaptures past glories and the defence improves then absolutely it could be our year. Here's my prediction:

We'll be disjointed and average for the first 10 games of the season and be lower mid table. Then it'll all click and we'll go on a fantastic run. Whether that continues through the end of the season will be the difference between promotion and another near miss, but we've added some real quality in midfield and that was (for me) what was lacking most last season- even more than a goal scorer

48 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Cardiff fans waxing lyrical over his performance today. Man of the match and didn’t put a foot wrong

7 hours ago, JustinCider said:

No don’t think so. Reckon we might make the playoffs, but not sure if that’s worse than finishing 9th or 10th. Playoff hell.

There are too many clubs we never seem to win against in the league this season, Wigan, charlton, Millwall, the jacks.....to name a few 

6 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Our players have a habit of signing for them and their fans have a habit of signing for us (OTIB)

Funny old world.

We have one of yours too, a right loose unit, goes under the name of jersey or something, can’t recall his name, Tim maybe, makes a right dick of himself to be honest, loses it on Twitter about your manager frequently apparently.  

2 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

We have one of yours too, a right loose unit, goes under the name of jersey or something, can’t recall his name, Tim maybe, makes a right dick of himself to be honest, loses it on Twitter about your manager frequently apparently.  

:laugh: There's always (at least) one, you seem Ok to be fair

5 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

That description doesn’t narrow it down mate

2 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Probably not, we all have though, some like to give it the big un, I can’t be arsed. It’s good to hear what other fans think, even though I’m pretty sure many of you hate ccfc.....

Only football "hate"

You seem like a real decent guy and we're all only looking out for our own teams in the end.

6 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Spent a few years living amongst you, still own a flat in Bristol. I even watched us beat you in the playoffs 2003 in a pub on st Michaels hill, safe to say I didn’t show any colours or speak walking home that night.....?

Yeah but we battered you 0-0 that night.?

21 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

No. Sadly not. 

One of the main reasons being we don't have manager who can manage a full, successful season. We don't have a manager who can grind those results out when things are not going well 

We do have a bloody good coach though. LJ has proved plenty of times he can improve individual players 

You'll be up there again this year, and a lot of that will be down to the manager you have 

19 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah but we battered you 0-0 that night.?

It was tight and nervy, we win the home leg by one but had gone into the playoffs in shocking form losing at home to Colchester I think before we played you. The final was at the mill stad, fortune favoured us again.....still the playoffs have repaid us a few times since that fluke....I’ll never go to Wembley again I tell u

31 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Only football "hate"

You seem like a real decent guy and we're all only looking out for our own teams in the end.

Thanks, I know re our teams. We are all football fans at the end of the day, as the crow flys our cities are less than 15 miles apart.

we aren’t so different even though we like to think we are.

9 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Thanks, I know re our teams. We are all football fans at the end of the day, as the crow flys our cities are less than 15 miles apart.

we aren’t so different even though we like to think we are.

25, but I'll let you off  :laugh:

https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between-bristol_-england-and-cardiff_-wales.htm

Archived