IGNORED

Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day 2

Septic Peg

Lee Johnson on Radio Bristol:

"We've got 4 new signings starting, and that's a bold one from me. I wasn't happy last week. It's good that Wright and Baker are fit. We have signed these players to play them. JD has a stress fracture to his shin, which is a bad one, but it will only be 5-6 weeks out, but he only has a little bone, so maybe four weeks. We brought Rowe in for exactly that role, and he has been our best performer in pre-season. I could not squeeze Taylor Moore onto the bench, though he will start on Tuesday. Matty Taylor nearly went to a Championship club but it fell through right at the death, so I have given him three or four days to get his head right. COD has dropped out altogether, but it is hard because I want to play them all and have them all on the bench, but the ones that do not feature today will have a decent chance of featuring against QPR. We have done really well with our recruitment. I have watched more of these players than I have seen my wife. I know a lot about them. I am not just doing this on a whim. They will need some adaptation time in the Championship, but I think they are ready. Nagy is playing. Hungarian international. He has played Serie A. I expect him to be able to step up and take the mantle. We have lost two very important players in Pack and Webster. I was looking to strengthen midfield anyway, not necessarily from the point of view of moving Pack on, but just not having to play him every week, given the fact that he is getting older, and then the opportunity arose for him which was difficult to turn down for a number of reasons, one because it was a good fee, and two because it was right for Marlon and his family at this stage of his career, and three because you sign new players and sometimes you have got to back your judgement. As a person I am devastated to lose him because I am really fond of him and his family, and I wish him all the best."

Seems highly Illogical to have no central defensive options on the bench.  What the hell, Lee?  Why not put Moore on the bench?  Can't be good to be dropped from the entire squad after 1 game.

For me, that is poor management and however he worded it to Taylor Moore the omission is bound to still play on his mind.

Also, surprised to see Afobe straight in the team after only signing late Thursday - what a kick in the nuts for Diedhiou.

Say what you like about him, but LJ sucks at man-management!

1 minute ago, Boston Red said:

Lee Johnson on Radio Bristol:

"We've got 4 new signings starting, and that's a bold one from me. I wasn't happy last week. It's good that Wright and Baker are fit. We have signed these players to play them. JD has a stress fracture to his shin, which is a bad one, but it will only be 5-6 weeks out, but he only has a little bone, so maybe four weeks. We brought Rowe in for exactly that role, and he has been our best performer in pre-season. I could not squeeze Taylor Moore onto the bench, though he will start on Tuesday. Matty Taylor nearly went to a Championship club but it fell through right at the death, so I have given him three or four days to get his head right. COD has dropped out altogether, but it is hard because I want to play them all and have them all on the bench, but the ones that do not feature today will have a decent chance of featuring against QPR. We have done really well with our recruitment. I have watched more of these players than I have seen my wife. I know a lot about them. I am not just doing this on a whim. They will need some adaptation time in the Championship, but I think they are ready. Nagy is playing. Hungarian international. He has played Serie A. I expect him to be able to step up and take the mantle. We have lost two very important players in Pack and Webster. I was looking to strengthen midfield anyway, not necessarily from the point of view of moving Pack on, but just not having to play him every week, given the fact that he is getting older, and then the opportunity arose for him which was difficult to turn down for a number of reasons, one because it was a good fee, and two because it was right for Marlon and his family at this stage of his career, and three because you sign new players and sometimes you have got to back your judgement. As a person I am devastated to lose him because I am really fond of him and his family, and I wish him all the best."

Were you typing that when LJ was saying it?

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Seems highly Illogical to have no central defensive options on the bench.  What the hell, Lee?  Why not put Moore on the bench?  Can't be good to be dropped from the entire squad after 1 game.

For me, that is poor management and however he worded it to Taylor Moore the omission is bound to still play on his mind.

Also, surprised to see Afobe straight in the team after only signing late Thursday - what a kick in the nuts for Diedhiou.

Say what you like about him, but LJ sucks at man-management!

Makes perfect sense to me. There’s three on the pitch. An injury or a tactical change needed and you go to a back 4. Better to have more attacking options on the bench.  

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Makes perfect sense to me. There’s three on the pitch. An injury or a tactical change needed and you go to a back 4. Better to have more attacking options on the bench.  

Yep, that's a good point, think I'm just irritated that Moore has been dropped from the squad.  Hopefully, it won't bother him though as much as it bothered me!

Archived