IGNORED

Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day 2

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Super said:

HT. Sounded like a decent half.

Even game, we edged possession. Main issue is the back 3 lumping it forward. They need to be told to pass out as much as possible, particularly with the wind. Most hoofs forward have come straight back. Weimann and Afobe linking well. Afobe better pace than Fam and making good space to be found.

First half scores

Bentley 6
Pereira 6 - incredibly quick. Looks rusty in possession. One excellent cross
Wright 6
Kalas 7
Baker 5 - awful with the ball
Rowe 6
Nagy 8 - reminds me of Tommy Doherty a bit. But better. Superb footballing brain
Brownhill 7
Palmer 7 - got into game more as half went on. Our only player who can play a ball in behind
Weimann 5 - running around a lot but not much coming off
Afobe 6 - poor touch at times but looks decent

A few first half observations.

Nagy will be our Makelele. Looks a class act.

Afobe looks lively. He will score us goals if we play to his strengths and stop lumping it up to his head. 

That pass from Palmer for the Afobe chance was delightful

We grew into the half as it went on.

Wright and Baker need to keep it on the deck

Weimann looks much better up front, seems to be linking well with Afobe.

Pereira is rapid and will get better.

Missing Dasilva although Rowe has coped quite well

I feel like we can win this game!!

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I'd guess that opposition managers now Webster is gone will tell their forwards not to hassle Baker and Wright, but instead mark our midfield tightly with the knowledge it'll cause us to give up possession. Each time Nagy receives a pass from them he's facing our goal, and if he tried to turn he'f have someone right in his face most likely!

That kind of movement and understanding will come from our tactics and build with time though - which is probably why it's looking a bit shit at the moment.

Completely agree. 

Well spent all first half trying to get it to work on app with no success. Bloody waste of time and money. Let's concentrate on the radio second half i think!

Sounds promising. Though Birmingham aren't the best are they?

Better in some ways than I feared. Not a great game, but starting to see some of our new ones growing in to the game. Palmer and Afobe linking up ok once or twice.

Wind not helping, neither side looking wonderful in fairness, but considering its the first time a lot of our players will have seen each other on a pitch it’s been ok.

Been impressed with Afobe as well. Always on the shoulder, decent pace - giving their cbs something to think about with movement and pretty strong. Unlucky with that beautiful nutmeg through ball from Kasey. 

Been let down with the ball out from the back and could’ve done with more composure in some of our attacking positions. Midfield been a 50/50 battle and Bruno are competitive, could go either way. 

Afobe has to score that one on one, what a huge chance. Think we need Eliasson to change this. As others as mentioned, if LJ really wanted good fast football, and trusted our youth, Vyner and Moore would be either side of Kalas today. Baker and Wright totally killing us with the ball

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Afobe first touch makes fammy look like Messi 

Fammy could be forgiven for thinking it ironic that not only does he lose his starting place to a bloke who just got here 5 minutes ago, but that said player is immediately given something he’s been denied and that fans have been crying out for i.e. a strike partner. Two up top - finally - and if the radio commentary is any guide, we have looked more threatening as a result.

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Are you watching somewhere? Many balls being over hit and he's done well with what he's been given. The wind is probably a factor. Lots of stray passes today. Best to keep it on the deck.

Yeah watching it on tv mate and keeping it on the deck would be a start but think that’s the problem,if we keep lumping it to fammy or afobe it’s not their game so will get slaughtered for having the touch of a rapist 

We were a couple of better passes away from one on ones breaking through the middle. That’s where Brum’s weakness appears to be. Probably too many long balls down the flanks. So far so good. Nagy looking like a player, Periera looking tidy too, definitely and improvement on Hunt. Afobe leading the line well, could have scored, more movement than Fammy.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Afobe has to score that one on one, what a huge chance. Think we need Eliasson to change this. As others as mentioned, if LJ really wanted good fast football, and trusted our youth, Vyner and Moore would be either side of Kalas today. Baker and Wright totally killing us with the ball

Quite a physical team tho are Brum. Don’t want to be bullied. For their lack of quality on the ball, Baker and Wright won’t be bullied. 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well spent all first half trying to get it to work on app with no success. Bloody waste of time and money. Let's concentrate on the radio second half i think!

Sounds promising. Though Birmingham aren't the best are they?

You’re clearly doing something wrong mate. I don’t think I could have been much clearer 

Just now, RedEyez said:

You’re clearly doing something wrong mate. I don’t think I could have been much clearer 

Yeah not having a go or anything. I have tried everything. VPN seems fine, go on BCFC app and just doesn't let me go on it. Bought it for a fiver too.

Even first half (50%:50%), as City players settle into new formation with new players.

Good save from Bentley early on, equalled by Camp's from Afobe (from Palmer pass).

Nagy looks very composed, lots of give and goes, but also fluidity with Brownhill...not just content to always stay the deepest CM.

Afobe and Weimann showing the benefits of a partner, and also sharing the channel movement, as well as sides.  Some link up play almost coming off.  Afobe looks very sharp.

Pereira bit mixed, couple of nervy touches, but one superb cross that almost found Rowe.  Rowe in and out too, but working hard in unnatural position.

Palmer in and out, working hard enough but needs to be careful not to switch off in our defensive third.

Brownhill looking sharp....but needs to stop the long pass.

Jutkiewicz pulling onto Wright aerially, but the opposite of Moore from last week, solid defensively, but cumbersome on the ball.

Baker and Kalas nice and steady.  Baker has got a couple of good balls into the front 2.

Need to care for the ball a bit more, and also stop Crowley picking up the ball in the pockets.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah not having a go or anything. I have tried everything. VPN seems fine, go on BCFC app and just doesn't let me go on it. Bought it for a fiver too.

Same as that sat in goa and no luck what so ever but saying that I’m never going to be head hunted by Microsoft 

Just now, sticks 1969 said:

Same as that sat in goa and no luck what so ever but saying that I’m never going to be head hunted by Microsoft 

Strange isn't it. Did it last season once and it worked fine, other than taking 10 mins to work. Thought same would happen again but not worked once.

Thought Brownhill and Nagy were starting to interchange a bit more towards then end of the half (Brownhill dropping in and Nagy pushing out), showing potential as a partnership. Also Palmer put in much more of a shift than normal, not saying it was world changing but tracked back better and pressed more. 

Archived