IGNORED

Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day 2

Septic Peg

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Sounded like Bentley was real dodgy at times? Baker and Wright bringing it out, how have we gone into the season with that. Concerning things.

We will need to cling on until January. It could be a long four months.

Both new full backs injured, Wright and Baker have missed lots of training.

Wouldn't surprise me if Moore is injured as well, why otherwise would you play two other guys who aren’t match fit? 

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Sounded like Bentley was real dodgy at times? Baker and Wright bringing it out, how have we gone into the season with that. Concerning things.

Got to  agree, although this isn't the time or place as a point away from home is happy days, but...

I'm staggered that we didn't replace Webster. Perhaps we tried to and it didn't happen. Who knows.

At least we have something to build on now and this team can hopefully improve when they get to know each other. Cutting out the soft goals would be a good start. 

COYR.

10 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

My thoughts in a nutshell......early days and the first opportunity to see a few recent signings, two average teams, great pass from Palmer and a slick finish by Rowe, Nagy looked excellent, especially in the first half, poor defending by Baker and then Wright for their goal, Afobe looked OK thought he should have scored from one of the two good chances he had. Draw was probably a fair result. Well done to the travelling 1,300 you made lots of noise.

Came across very loudly on the radio.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really sure what you're trying to say - It's nice to draw after being behind and last week's defeat but still is the sort of opposition where I'd really be expecting us to win if we're serious about playoffs or promotion. My opinion on that hasn't changed with today's result.  

Are we still serious about play-offs or promotion. Virtually new team. Still being sorted out. LJ will take a time to know his best team as usual. Mid table looks good to me at the moment especially since Webster was not replaced and Wright and Baker don't seem up to the job. So good point today as far as I see it.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really sure what you're trying to say - It's nice to draw after being behind and last week's defeat but still is the sort of opposition where I'd really be expecting us to win if we're serious about playoffs or promotion. My opinion on that hasn't changed with today's result.  

I'm not sure how you can make that conclusion though? We're two games into the season and really have no idea how good Birmingham- or Bristol City for that matter- are. We could look back and view this as a point gained.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That says as much about Baker and Wright's deficiencies as Moore's qualities.

Baker and Wright's passing is consistently abysmal and that's nothing new.

I thought Moore was ok last week, nothing more, but at least he can run with the ball and mostly pass it accurately.

We need an upgrade on all 3, and it was a big miss not to do so in the transfer window imo.

Can’t argue any of that. Just thought at least Moore is a cultured footballer and would be protected in a 3. In a two I don’t mind Baker and Kalas tbh but yea we need to look at upgrading in January. Think we can be ok until then however. 

53 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

+ Wright soft

Brum striker had the jump on wright , not his fault. Bakers fault. Stop the ******* cross , weak. 

Overall , pleased . Had no time to train together . Three late arrivals very good . Afobe will score plenty , should of today . Palmer , class with cover behind him. 

35 minutes ago, Super said:

What is bentley doing?

34 minutes ago, Just8 said:

Bentley is a bit of a worry...

34 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Marinovic-esque footwork from bentley

34 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Bentley is dodgy as **** 

The pass back to him was shit. He set him self up to receive on his right and kick first time and it was passed into his feet / across his body, putting him under unnecessary pressure! 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Brum striker had the jump on wright , not his fault. Bakers fault. Stop the ******* cross , weak. 

Overall , pleased . Had no time to train together . Three late arrivals very good . Afobe will score plenty , should of today . Palmer , class with cover behind him. 

Also Palmer tracking back better today. Very poor at that last season. The coaches have clearly told him to work in all areas of the pitch.

20 minutes ago, Pound Lane Red said:

I had the same issue. Just came up with a black window. Turned the VPN off to try it, got the usual "this content is not available in your country" 

Clicking the video service within the BCFC app didnt work. Just got the briefest of spinning circle and nothing happened. 

Glad I didnt go for the annual pass! Would of bee  in a foul mood for sure. 

I’ll DM you

15 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He should score that mate if he knows the players or not in all honesty,his debut so we will all give him some slack,if it was Dede the forum would be in meltdown 

Think you’ve got to credit Camp, both times he got out quickly. At least Afobe’s got a first touch. I can see him and Palmer linking well. The key here is that he’s in the right position to get the chance. I’d put that as an upgrade

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He was pushed in the back. 

What I take from the chances today is I am absolutely delighted he had them chances, even if he did miss them, let's remember it's the start of the season, players are rusty. 

The fact he had them chances is great because it adds another way for us to score that we didn't previously have.

On today's showing I can certainly see him getting 20 + goals.

Your expecting strikers to score every chance they get, not even the top strikers get 130 goals a season!! 

I agree with a lot of that and think he will be a good signing but the fact is his first touch when hoofed to him first half was shocking,so what is the game plan exactly because Johnson doesn’t seem to know from the kick off 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Eh?

Sure it comes from caring but everybody is shit who you don’t like , Afobe did ok, should have scored maybe but looked ok, Palmer was quiet but showed his class , and Baker did reasonably well , hard to say who’s fault in goal , just give them a chance for Christ’s sake 

5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Think you’ve got to credit Camp, both times he got out quickly. At least Afobe’s got a first touch. I can see him and Palmer linking well. The key here is that he’s in the right position to get the chance. I’d put that as an upgrade

Isn’t fammy always in the right position but his finishing let’s him down the moan up on here

15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

First game, give him a chance ffs. Would be more concerned if he hadn’t got into those positions (great play from Palmer too for those slagging him off as well)

Was tongue in cheek pal. If Fammy misses those two everyone goes ****** mental. FWIW I thought he was good today 

4 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Sure it comes from caring but everybody is shit who you don’t like , Afobe did ok, should have scored maybe but looked ok, Palmer was quiet but showed his class , and Baker did reasonably well , hard to say who’s fault in goal , just give them a chance for Christ’s sake 

All I said was I was glad it didn’t fall to Afobe. I like Afobe.  Just didn’t want him to have another clean through with probably no confidence. 

Chill out mate. Nothing to see here. 

Archived