IGNORED

Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day 2

Septic Peg

No player in the world could have played that pass with greater perfection than Palmer did, and the vast majority wouldn't even have considered it in the first place.

Fantastic awareness, top class execution.  Absolutely top - notch. :clap:

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Today’s biggest problem 

46AE4129-A17C-4F44-BD4E-E67D23E101E1.png

You in Indonesia then? 

56 minutes ago, The turtle said:

I like Adobe,  getting into good dangerous positions, but if a certain other striker misses those  two chances, there is a meltdown.

He's no acrobat though is he?

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

What was Baker doing out there ! Why was Rowe behind him ? Baker has to get a challenge in though, awful from him and Wright. 

It’s just how the ball fell after the initial free kick, that’s why Baker found himself in that position. But yeah, could of got a yard or two closer. Cannot really blame Wright, as the striker had the jump on him & is a big unit as it is. COYR 

On our way back now, albeit stuck in traffic! I thought Nagy, Rowe and KP were are standout performers. We knocked the ball around fairly well at times, without ever really getting a decent tempo going. More to come for sure.

Fantastic support in the away end, and even though Afobe did miss two clear cut chances, the main thing is that we're finding him and giving him the service he needs. Afobe will come good, I have no doubt of that. Take a point, and bring on QPR!

A lot of negativity through the thread especially at 1-0 and had to reply to some of those comments ?

To add my thoughts 

Bentley didn’t have much to do, seemed quick to distribute but felt he made a meal of THAT save which seemed unnecessary IMO and almost ended up an own goal.

baker and wright - can’t really offer an alternative opinion. Kept going long, aren’t comfortable enough on the ball and Wright should probably do more for the goal. We miss Webster on that showing.

Pereira and Rowe both looked solid in what was probably slight unfamiliar positions (don’t think either are WBs by nature?) shame about the injury hope it’s not too bad

Nagy looked class, I’m a pack fan but he was so much quicker on the ball.

Palmer outstanding. Unfortunately last season he would have a game like this then an anonymous game, if he can find some consistency then he could be a key player for us. Will go “quiet” in spells but that’s the nature of the player, but also is going to be marked tightly which will explain some of this.

Afobe looked a little rusty for want of a better word. Clearly got in great positions and given time will put those away. For one game I think I’d give the benefit of the doubt and put it down to the fact he only arrived a day or 2 ago and not sure how much pre season game time he has had. Definitely need to rate him after 5-10 games rather than 1.

I would have took a point at the start. Other than the goal though I didn’t think Brum really troubled us, one of the poorer Birmingham sides I’ve seen in recent years IMO so at half time I was hoping we could win it

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Was tongue in cheek pal. If Fammy misses those two everyone goes ****** mental. FWIW I thought he was good today 

Sorry mate hard to tell with some of the daft comments about today ?

We played well Nagy will be sold for boat loads one day. Afobe did well and Linked well with Weimann. The backs got caught under the ball for the goal. It happens. 

Rowe is turning into shrewd business. Bentley on the other hand is an accident happening in front of our very eyes. Wtf was he doing. 

33 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

First game, give him a chance ffs. Would be more concerned if he hadn’t got into those positions (great play from Palmer too for those slagging him off as well)

Agreed, I don’t think from watching chances that the first was nailed on, he got a shot away and a good save, probs should have done better on the second but the good thing is he was in those positions!

Just watched the highlights, hate the far post goals. We went through a spell some time ago where we were very weak in that area, this one I think the crosser should have been closed down better.

As for the other end, I think I have a man crush on Palmer. Said last year I'd love to see him back, defended him last week , I thought he just needed time with LJ and a good pre season. I do still think it will take time for him to contribute fully through 90 minutes, but those 3 through balls were class. At last we have players making runs and someone with the vision and skill to find them. Spot on for pace and accuracy , listening to it I worried about Afobe's finishing, on seeing the chances I'll give him the benefit . Could really get a bucketful if they continue like that.

I see Afobe has taken some stick. But, firstly it’s good to see him getting himself into two one on one positions, cannot remember that happening to often recently. But what I liked most of all, was the composure before the strikes. Didn’t snatch & didn’t seem rushed. Have to say good saves by the keeper. Think Afobe will bring us goals. COYR 

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No player in the world could have played that pass with greater perfection than Palmer did, and the vast majority wouldn't even have considered it in the first place.

Fantastic awareness, top class execution.  Absolutely top - notch. :clap:

Yep. And he played another to Afobe in the first half.

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Radio Bristol interview. Asked if he was still in the market for free agents. Also mentioned too many balls kicked long from the back. Baker & Wright really not good enough for where we want to go, in my opinion.

Thanks fella, I didn't hear that.

You're right about Wright by the way.

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

We need a new ball playing centre half though

Just as rare as a 20 goal striker, that's why Brighton paid so much for Webster. I'd love them to prove me wrong, but why would there be someone who is better than what we have OOC ? I think we may have to wait until January . TBF , Baker's and Wright's first game for a while, Baker has never liked the ball at his feet, but Wright was a regular at FB so should be able to step up.

Our three centre backs are not play makers someone tell them before it’s too late.

We have game changers in midfield who won’t have any affect on the game if you keep whooshing the ball over their heads .

Break up the attacks and give it to those guys.

Bailey Wright is far from the most talented player but was the man to battle with Jukawiez .

Good enough from the new guys who will get better with familiarity.

Hope Periera is not too badly injured. I thought their player should have had at least a yellow for his shocking challenge. He was nowhere near the ball and was aiming to take our man out .

All in all any point away from home is a good one and we are off the mark for this campaign.

Well done City and the 1600 Reds who made the trip up to Brum.

:clap:

4 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I see Afobe has taken some stick. But, firstly it’s good to see him getting himself into two one on one positions, cannot remember that happening to often recently. But what I liked most of all, was the composure before the strikes. Didn’t snatch & didn’t seem rushed. Have to say good saves by the keeper. Think Afobe will bring us goals. COYR 

Afobe was quick and muscular and despite the misses asked the Birmingham defence questions that we haven't posed teams for a while.

Palmer was bloody great, but eclipsed by Nagy, he was brilliant. With his energy and quick passing, he's a vast upgrade on Pack.

Happily boozing in Birmingham now. Great support today too COYR.

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Perhaps I should be like others and give opinions after the event not live 

No I’m in England 

Not a pop at you but it would be better if one or two on here did wait until after the game.........such as the poster who called us “litter” when we went a goal down. I can’t find one post suggesting that from anyone who was actually at the game.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just as rare as a 20 goal striker, that's why Brighton paid so much for Webster. I'd love them to prove me wrong, but why would there be someone who is better than what we have OOC ? I think we may have to wait until January . TBF , Baker's and Wright's first game for a while, Baker has never liked the ball at his feet, but Wright was a regular at FB so should be able to step up.

It’s not hard to look up and pass the ball to one of the CMs so they can dictate the play. I don’t get it.

Afobe plays on the shoulder of the defender and likes the ball in behind, yet we persisted to lump it up to his head. 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Our three centre backs are not play makers someone tell them before it’s too late.

We have game changers in midfield who won’t have any affect on the game if you keep whooshing the ball over their heads .

Break up the attacks and give it to those guys.

Bailey Wright is far from the most talented player but was the man to battle with Jukawiez .

Good enough from the new guys who will get better with familiarity.

Hope Periera is not too badly injured. I thought their player should have had at least a yellow for his shocking challenge. He was nowhere near the ball and was aiming to take our man out .

All in all any point away from home is a good one and we are off the mark for this campaign.

Well done City and the 1600 Reds who made the trip up to Brum.

:clap:

How many made the trip?? Look again!

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

It’s not hard to look up and pass the ball to one of the CMs so they can dictate the play. I don’t get it.

Afobe plays on the shoulder of the defender and likes the ball in behind, yet we persisted to lump it up to his head. 

Agreed, they should just play it out to Nagy and let him dictate it. 

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not a pop at you but it would be better if one or two on here did wait until after the game.........such as the poster who called us “litter” when we went a goal down. I can’t find one post suggesting that from anyone who was actually at the game.

People who are watching go on that thread to give an opinion about it to people not there though don’t they? That’s what I do anyway.  Everyone sees what they want though.  I sent a WhatsApp message to a group last night saying Norwich could cause Liverpool problems and apparently that means I said they would win!  

I’ve said today that Afobe debut was a bit of nightmare as he missed two clean throughs. Apparently that means I think he was awful. Other than the misses he was good. 

I said Palmer was anonymous because he was. He then stopped being anonymous and wet posters on here jump straight on the post!  It’s all a bit point scorey for a few it seems 

Hello

Hope you don't mind me intruding. I'm a Birmingham fan, and I just wanted to say that your away support today were a flat-out credit to you.

At half-time, this young lad was posing for photos with our club mascot: https://twitter.com/BCFC/status/1159947576302604288

Your fans brought a tear to my eye. You, with no prompting, joined us in applauding him. You cheered him. You gave him a *huge* ovation. One of your fans even made the effort to go and shake his hand.

I don't know young Bobby outside of social media posts, but what a special thing your support did for him today. I hope he cherishes those memories, and I wish you all the best.

Simon

Archived