IGNORED

Obvious question...

formerly known as ivan

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

To those who were there today, how did the new guys perform?

I watched on RobinsTV and I thought they were good. Ironically I thought Rowe was the one that didn't impress as much and then obviously he gets up there and scores.

Nagy, excellent, reliable sweeper up, barely put a foot wrong. Had two chances. 

Rowe, again looked reliable. Superb finish. Very useful utility player. 

Palmer, completely different player to last week. Played two world class fence splitting passes. Rowe scored from one of them. 

Afobe, bit unlucky with his chances I thought.  Great foil for either Weimann or Fam. 

Perreira displayed one quality piece of skill to turn and take his man out. Got taken out by his man  in the process - who somehow escaped a booking. Injured. Has a decent throw. 

I was impressed. 

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Palmer, completely different player to last week. Played two world class fence splitting passes. Rowe scored from one of them. 

Afobe, bit unlucky with his chances I thought.  Great foil for either Weimann or Fam. 

Perreira displayed one quality piece of skill to turn and take his man out. Got taken out by his man  in the process - who somehow escaped a booking. Injured. Has a decent throw. 

I was impressed. 

Was Afobe as bad as all those on the match thread suggested and do you see us getting him to play better than at Stoke based on today?

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I watched on RobinsTV and I thought they were good. Ironically I thought Rowe was the one that didn't impress as much and then obviously he gets up there and scores.

Not just scores, that is a quality finish from the guy. Well played Tommy

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I was impressed. 

Cracking point / performance considering all the new players and  injuries. Well done to all at BCFC tonight.

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Was Afobe as bad as all those on the match thread suggested and do you see us getting him to play better than at Stoke based on today?

Not read the match thread. Too busy at the match! Afobe is a quality player. Snatched at two chances. Got to give credit to the keeper. Nothing to worry about. 

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I was impressed. 

I agree with all that. I think the one that will get most debate is Afobe. Already seems to have a great understanding with Palmer and was making good runs. For whatever reason we seem just not to have been able to create those one on one chances for ages. He finishes one and it is a great debut.

Looks the sort of player that if he gets one, even off his arse, could easily knock in 20. Equally, if he misses two like that every game he is going to start getting some stick.

Maybe the start of a beautiful relationship. Fingers crossed.

Nagy the stand out for me.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Not read the match. Too busy at the match. Afobe is a quality player. Snatched at two chances. Got to give credit to the keeper. Nothing to worry about. 

“Nightmare debut” was one of the terms used.

Only listened, but Owers was fairly complimentary and he seems to know his stuff - said he and Weimann were showing signs of a good partnership.

I was a bit worried as scoring 1 on 1s was meant to be his strong point.

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Nightmare debut” was one of the terms used.

Only listened, but Owers was fairly complimentary and he seems to know his stuff - said he and Weimann were showing signs of a good partnership.

If someone said this, they are a total clown or pulling your leg.

8 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Afobe was very good today other than missing two clean throughs. Ultimately those misses mean he was quite poor overall but clearly better than Diedhiou who wouldn’t make the runs to receive the pass in the first place 

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Our matchthread is hardly famous for hyperbole though is it? 

5 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

If someone said this, they are a total clown or pulling your leg.

I said nightmare debut purely down to missing two clean throughs. That is a nightmare.  As I’ve said above, other than the clean throughs he was good.

You guys need to calm down at times 

Nagy, probably one of the best players on the pitch today. Extremely calm in possession, and seems to see things quicker than his predecessors. He moves it quicker as well. Comfortable with him anchoring our midfield. 

Afobe. Excellent movement, makes forward runs in behind. He's a bit more physical than I expected as well, winning his fair share of headers. KP already seems to be on the same wavelength, twice putting him through one on one. He will score us goals, no doubt. Just perhaps a little rusty today, and lacking that match sharpness. 

Rowe. To echo what's been said above. He'll be an excellent utility man for us. He's comfortable on the ball, and decent defensively too. Took his goal very well, and has a very good left foot on him. I have no problem with him filling in for JD whilst he recovers from his injury.

Pereira. Looked solid defensively. I think he was perhaps a little bit nervous today, as he twice took a heavy touch, and put the ball out of play. But again, I think he has a lot to offer. He's better going forward than Pisano and I'd be more comfortable with him defensively; then I would with Hunt. (Hunt did play well when coming on however. The competition can only be a good thing). 

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

No you are right. Benik would have dreamt about missing two clean throughs. A dream debut!  Haha 

Impossible to argue that missing two clean throughs is the stuff of nightmares!  

Great positioning and movement - how often it we get that last season. The finishing wasn't clinical, but it hardly ever is unless you are watching the very top end strikers on a good run. I think most of us can appreciate the extra dimension BA brought to our attacking game. Hardly the stuff of nightmares.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Great positioning and movement - how often it we get that last season. The finishing wasn't clinical, but it hardly ever is unless you are watching the very top end strikers on a good run. I think most of us can appreciate the extra dimension BA brought to our attacking game. Hardly the stuff of nightmares.

Oh my god. I will try to spell it out one final time.  Missing two clean throughs is a nightmare for a striker.  He will probably have nightmares tonight! His overall game was good. He was better than Fam has been and, as I stated, Fam wouldn’t get those chances as he never looks to run in behind. 

Why do so many make this forum such hard work?!

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Oh my god. I will try to spell it out one final time.  Missing two clean throughs is a nightmare for a striker.  He will probably have nightmares tonight! His overall game was good. He was better than Fam has been and, as I stated, Fam wouldn’t get those chances as he never looks to run in behind. 

I got it from your first post mate,some like a argument on here I guess 

13 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Do you not understand what he is saying,if it was a centre back who was having a good debut but scored 2 own goals,that is a nightmare for a defender 

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Sorry Dave I don’t understand . Can you explain your point again?

48 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Not in my opinion.  The match day thread is full on knee-jerk comments based on isolated moments.  So much activity, you wonder how they can actually watch the match.

43 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Suggest you continue to listen to Owers - the best summariser on Radio Bristol - rather than OTIB Match day thread!

39 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Afobe was very good today other than missing two clean throughs. Ultimately those misses mean he was quite poor overall but clearly better than Diedhiou who wouldn’t make the runs to receive the pass in the first place 

Exactly RD.  Generally I though his ‘football’ was very sound, decent touch, a presence, good runs, good combos....but overall you knock him down a mark because he missed two 1-on-1’s.  

Archived