IGNORED

Obvious question...

formerly known as ivan

40 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I said nightmare debut purely down to missing two clean throughs. That is a nightmare.  As I’ve said above, other than the clean throughs he was good.

You guys need to calm down at times 

Bloke who says someone's had a nightmare debut tells other people to calm down... 

Jesus wept. 

25 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Missing two clean throughs on your debut is the stuff of nightmares is it not? 

He didn’t miss the first, he got a good shot away and it was saved.  The second he could have done better, but hardly the stuff of nightmares.  What I don’t get is why you think he was good but had a nightmare, which is completely contradictory no?

43 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Afobe was very good today other than missing two clean throughs. Ultimately those misses mean he was quite poor overall but clearly better than Diedhiou who wouldn’t make the runs to receive the pass in the first place 

That’s another factor in palmers performance. He can’t make those passes if he hasn’t got the runs to pick out. Fam would never make those runs. Different player to Afobe yes but fam just doesn’t have the football intelligence . 

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Oh my god. I will try to spell it out one final time.  Missing two clean throughs is a nightmare for a striker.  He will probably have nightmares tonight! His overall game was good. He was better than Fam has been and, as I stated, Fam wouldn’t get those chances as he never looks to run in behind. 

Why do so many make this forum such hard work?!

To be fair you are making it hard work contradicting yourself in your own posts!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not in my opinion.  The match day thread is full on knee-jerk comments based on isolated moments.  So much activity, you wonder how they can actually watch the match.

Not enough likes for this Fevs, thanks. Restores my faith a little to read the above and after last Sunday I'm excited for the QPR game. Some of our fans are an embarrassment. Perhaps supporting Liverpool or Man City would better suit their expectation of instant success.

5 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

He didn’t miss the first, he got a good shot away and it was saved.  The second he could have done better, but hardly the stuff of nightmares.  What I don’t get is why you think he was good but had a nightmare, which is completely contradictory no?

If you read my other posts you will realise what I meant 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

If you read my other posts you will realise what I meant 

I get what you mean now, he’d had a nightmare by missing two decent opportunities but overall was a solid debut.

Also, @Davefevs, I very rarely see the match day threads - mostly because I’m listening on Robins audio which prevents you from even closing the app if you want to keep listening, so I will definitely continue to listen to the excellent Owers.

To clarify, if Bentley plays s solid game for a keeper, but then let’s 2 separate back passes roll under his foot for goals, would you not say to your friend “he had a mare today mate”.

Thats all Dave is saying. 

The bloke is employed primarily to score goals and missed two chances today that with which he should have done far, far better.

Shaun Goater is all you need to know about ‘all around play’ and lovely ‘shape and lines’.

The legend was simply employed to score 20 plus goals a season.

Simple.

There's no room for players who have a "nightmare" debut at BCFC

Has to be benched (or can we still send him back, I'm not sure?)

Has Matt Smith got a club these days, anyone got his number btw?

Shit, just saw he's at Millwall

2 (TWO!!!!!) chances missed today. Shocker!

Other than that, looks alright don't he?

50 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

There's no room for players who have a "nightmare" debut at BCFC

Has to be benched (or can we still send him back, I'm not sure?)

Has Matt Smith got a club these days, anyone got his number btw?

Shit, just saw he's at Millwall

2 (TWO!!!!!) chances missed today. Shocker!

Other than that, looks alright don't he?

Now I’m really confused.

Are you saying that as a decent striker he shouldn’t have done better with those chances?

4 hours ago, cityexile said:

For whatever reason we seem just not to have been able to create those one on one chances for ages.

Yeah, we haven't have we.

Fam never makes those runs as he always comes short.  Weimann will make those runs to receive the ball but lacks the pace to make them into a 1 on 1.  

Great to see Adobe's movement and pace to have these back.  

Archived