IGNORED

Bentley

DT The Optimist

Thoughts on him so far after two games.  I ask as a friend of mine (a keen  committed  life long Brentford fan) told me before it became public that we were after him and he implored us to buy him !

He claimed that he cost the Bees 15 points last season.  As always I take stuff like that with a pinch of salt but listening to radio Brizzle today seems there were two moments in second half when he made two howlers in succession that almost dropped us in it and Gary Owers was wondering what he was doing ? I also note he made a few very decent stops.   My take on it is that we have a really decent keeper, but prone to the odd 'howler'  From those there today what are your thoughts please ?  

Couple of moments where he made the wrong decision, think we have to accept that he is being asked to play a specific way and will probably see a few more such instances this season. Hopefully doesn't cost us too much and his obvious strength in terms of distribution outweigh any negatives.

29 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Think he was a bit to casual on the ball a couple of times but not to concerned yet. Also made two very good saves. 

Yes, save early on, very good, but one from Jutkiewicz was top drawer....that was travelling and he got a very strong hand to it.

Distribution....apart from one awful pass out for a corner....not sure what else you can expect?  Can’t see anything that would warrant criticism today.

BFEA1CAE-193E-48FF-8CD7-F1F897DAD6E4.thumb.jpeg.387bbb17979d06b83102798d56822382.jpeg

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Made some horrendous decisions in the two games so far that haven’t cost us but has pulled off some smart saves as well,good number 2 to have 

What horrendous decision did he make today?  

I'm impressed. A couple of heart stopping moments but I think we have to remember that he's still establishing an understanding  with the CBs and is clearly being asked to play the ball out. He can throw the ball miles and his distribution is pretty good. Made at least one cracking save. I'd expect him to have the jersey for a while yet.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, save early on, very good, but one from Jutkiewicz was top drawer....that was travelling and he got a very strong hand to it.

Distribution....apart from one awful pass out for a corner....not sure what else you can expect?  Can’t see anything that would warrant criticism today.

BFEA1CAE-193E-48FF-8CD7-F1F897DAD6E4.thumb.jpeg.387bbb17979d06b83102798d56822382.jpeg

Tried to get us on a break away and chucked it straight to their player while we were at 6s and 7s at the back

That tip that nearly went in was so weird. He's done that before with Brentford. Simple tip over that he tips and drops into the net. Strange. I don't trust him like i do Maenpaa who was outstanding last season.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That tip that nearly went in was so weird. He's done that before with Brentford. Simple tip over that he tips and drops into the net. Strange. I don't trust him like i do Maenpaa who was outstanding last season.

That was no simple tip over, he had to react quick and stretch. Great save, that looked a goal the minute he shot tbh

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was it the choice of shirt colour? The boots? Or wrong hair product?

Either way, some time training with the u18s should get the message across we expect better at this club.

59 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Thoughts on him so far after two games.  I ask as a friend of mine (a keen  committed  life long Brentford fan) told me before it became public that we were after him and he implored us to buy him !

He claimed that he cost the Bees 15 points last season.  As always I take stuff like that with a pinch of salt but listening to radio Brizzle today seems there were two moments in second half when he made two howlers in succession that almost dropped us in it and Gary Owers was wondering what he was doing ? I also note he made a few very decent stops.   My take on it is that we have a really decent keeper, but prone to the odd 'howler'  From those there today what are your thoughts please ?  

I felt Max proved himself well capable last season to be our No2,,was very steady, even outstanding on occasion(Villa away in particular)... Bentley a pointless signing from the outset & money wasted.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

That was no simple tip over, he had to react quick and stretch. Great save, that looked a goal the minute he shot tbh

Will have to watch back but it looked lile he tried to make it look good. Look at the compliation of errors last season and numerous times he did the same and it bounced in.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I get the impression you've made your mind up about him already Jon - and that's it now; they can't be changed. Similar to your views on Weimann!

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Will have to watch back but it looked lile he tried to make it look good. Look at the compliation of errors last season and numerous times he did the same and it bounced in.

I've seen it couple of times, it looks a great save to me. I hope people give him a fair chance because it isn't his fault NM is popular, I love NM as much as the next City fan but Bentley is in for now and to me looks fine.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I get the impression you've made your mind up about him already Jon - and that's it now; they can't be changed. Similar to your views on Weimann!

Not really. Just thought he made a meal of that save. Weimann not that great most of last season. But when he was at the start i was saying he is outstanding. So didn't have a problem when he played well. Just didn't play well enough for me. Bentley awful last season according to every Brentford fan comment or anyone that knows a Brentford fan. So of course I'm concerned he isn't good enough.

Archived