IGNORED

Bentley

DT The Optimist

24 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Pick the best keeper when both fit,transfer fee should have nothing to do with it 

Well ? 

Only joking. My point was he’s a young modern keeper that plays from the back and made 2 very good saves. Hasn’t got the experience of Nikki obviously. Keeper positions in very good hands imo. No pun intended. 

24 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Quality keeper....end of! 

Importantly we have two GKs that LJ now trusts.  That’s not being critical of Max, because he covered more than adequately, but he wasn’t up to Mäenpää’s standard (Frankie also upped his game when coming back in too).

Max will come back stronger from loan, and suspect Niki will leave next summer and then we have Bentley and O’Leary competing.  That is the bigger picture and the succession planning LJ has set out.

Gilmartin in not only to allow Max out on loan, but JoJo too....who looks like he’s improved hugely.

5 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I'm not impressed so far.  I've said in other threads that he really doesn't command his box. He reminds me of Phillips with that. 

Anyway, 2 games in so it is what it is.

What about the “take” 10 yards out from Roberts long throw today?  What other opportunities did he have to claim / command his box?

I personally thought he was good today. Made some decent saves and there was nothing he could do about their goal.

One or two misplaced passes but that was all. 

Is he a better keeper than NM? I honestly dont know, but once he beds in I think he could be excellent. 

The one thing he doesn't need is fans getting on his back already. Considering what happened to him at Brentford he seems to be a confidence player and the boo-boys giving him stick certainly wont help (does it ever though?)

2 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

I personally thought he was good today. Made some decent saves and there was nothing he could do about their goal.

Is he a better keeper than NM? I honestly dont know, but once he beds in I think he could be excellent. 

The one thing he doesn't need is fans getting on his back already. Considering what happened to him at Brentford he seems to be a confidence player and the boo-boys giving him certainly wont help (does it ever though?)

For what LJ supposedly wants to do with the team, he absolutely is a better keeper.

52 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not really. Just thought he made a meal of that save. Weimann not that great most of last season. But when he was at the start i was saying he is outstanding. So didn't have a problem when he played well. Just didn't play well enough for me. Bentley awful last season according to every Brentford fan comment or anyone that knows a Brentford fan. So of course I'm concerned he isn't good enough.

Bentley had a lot of personal issues last season, similar to Afobe in a way. I believe we were interested in him before Brentford got him from Southend.

19 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

The one thing he doesn't need is fans getting on his back already. Considering what happened to him at Brentford he seems to be a confidence player and the boo-boys giving him stick certainly wont help (does it ever though?)

Spot on I would never boo a player but can appreciate when people do when they have paid their hard earned money 

It's just amazing that it's 'same old same' old from the same old posters who just have a problem with all parts of the club.

Our new GK is doing alright but FFS needs a chance to bed in. 

54 minutes ago, Lucan said:

He's pretty poor for a team wanting play offs. There is a reason Brentford sacked him off

you really have a problem supporting BCFC generally - perhaps you need to disappear in real Lord Lucan style?

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's just amazing that it's 'same old same' old from the same old posters who just have a problem with all parts of the club.

Our new GK is doing alright but FFS needs a chance to bed in. 

you really have a problem supporting BCFC generally - perhaps you need to disappear in real Lord Lucan style?

Be much better if they just waited half a dozen games before criticising or over-praising.

1 minute ago, Lucan said:

If “supporting” means pretending that Bentley is a quality keeper then thanks but no thanks.

I would rather give an honest opinion than talk drivel in order to meet the internet dweebs standards of arse-lickery....

I can support without pretending every move the club makes is the right one 

I can support without pretending every move the club makes is the wrong one

3 minutes ago, Lucan said:

If “supporting” means pretending that Bentley is a quality keeper then thanks but no thanks.

I would rather give an honest opinion than talk drivel in order to meet the internet dweebs standards of arse-lickery....

I can support without pretending every move the club makes is the right one 

WTF are you talking about? He's played a handful of games for us. Grow up ffs

4 minutes ago, Lucan said:

That’s wonderful news.

Based on what I have seen of him prior to this season, so far this season, and what I have read in articles I don’t think he is that good.

if he turns out to be super, then feel free to come back and quote me. I’ll gladly eat that humble pie.

what I wont do is erase all knowledge of him and pretend I think he is a top keeper just because he happens to have signed for city. That defies logic and I won’t do it. If that means upsetting a few forum denizens then I’ll just have to live with the guilt...

Sometimes in life you meet people who you cannot please. I think with respect you are one of these people.

10 minutes ago, Lucan said:

That’s wonderful news.

Based on what I have seen of him prior to this season, so far this season, and what I have read in articles I don’t think he is that good.

if he turns out to be super, then feel free to come back and quote me. I’ll gladly eat that humble pie.

what I wont do is erase all knowledge of him and pretend I think he is a top keeper just because he happens to have signed for city. That defies logic and I won’t do it. If that means upsetting a few forum denizens then I’ll just have to live with the guilt...

It's not that though is it. Why can't people just wait before mouthing off about the bloke. He might turn out to be a really bad signing, but he cannot be that YET, I just think it is weird to be knocking him already. Of course you are entitled to your view. How do you like your pie? (again, don't be rude) Cold or microwaved?

Archived