IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

CiderHeadDan

I’d like to put a shout out for him today - I thought he was the best player on the pitch and showed his quality.

at times I felt sorry for him, he’s beat 1/2 men and then had no options to pass to. Nearly every touch he had he was either turning a man or playing something creative, yet the lack of forward runners was to his detriment.

I seen a side to him today which I didn’t think he had. If he did (rarely) lose the ball, he chased it down and hassled and hurried the opposition to win it back quickly and played with a high tempo to his game throughout.

Games like today show why we bought him IMO. 

11 minutes ago, CiderHeadDan said:

I’d like to put a shout out for him today - I thought he was the best player on the pitch and showed his quality.

at times I felt sorry for him, he’s beat 1/2 men and then had no options to pass to. Nearly every touch he had he was either turning a man or playing something creative, yet the lack of forward runners was to his detriment.

I seen a side to him today which I didn’t think he had. If he did (rarely) lose the ball, he chased it down and hassled and hurried the opposition to win it back quickly and played with a high tempo to his game throughout.

Games like today show why we bought him IMO. 

I too thought he looked decent.  As soon as he started to make a move, he was usually fouled as well.

Kasey was superb in patches today and I dont mean that as a slight on him.

He was the only player to actually create chances and to see passes between the lines. He cut the Brum defence apart with two incisive passes for Afobe and the pass that Rowe scored from was sublime. 

I'm actually hoping that even if he's having a quiet game that LJ leaves him on as he can create something out of nothing in a split second.

2 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

He was the only player to actually create chances and to see passes between the lines. He cut the Brum defence apart with two incisive passes for Afobe and the pass that Rowe scored from was sublime. 

I'm actually hoping that even if he's having a quiet game that LJ leaves him on as he can create something out of nothing in a split second.

Was fully expecting him to be hooked for the double sub, and in the final 15 he really came on strong.  LJ said he was please to get him 90 minutes.

Lets hope he goes from strength to strength.

Early days (very early days) but £3.5m could be very good value.  I think people forget he’s 22, continually been out on loan...let’s evaluate after 10/12 games.

5 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Agree. As long as he is keeping shape etc, he is a match winner & can only do that if he is on the pitch. COYR 

20 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Much to his credit that he took LJ's advice and worked hard on his fitness. If he continues in the same vein we have a bargain at the price.

His work rate and defensive duties, shape, concentration have to be as consistent as his eye for a pass and offensive attributes imo.

You just can't carry players anymore these days...just because they open a game up like he did today. They can open a game up all you like, but it's no good if you are already a goal or two down, because not all 10 outfield are pulling their weight.

Undoubtedly a talent...but I remember games like this when Tomlin was here. It has to be consistent for us to do well.

Would love him to play like he did today consistently...if he does, he's worthy of playing every game.

With DaSilva out for a while and a likelyhood of us playing the same formation as we did today for a while, we need everyone to be doing the donkey work with as much passion as they do when on the offensive imo.

That's why Leeds do so well...everyman running their socks off.

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was fully expecting him to be hooked for the double sub, and in the final 15 he really came on strong.  LJ said he was please to get him 90 minutes.

Lets hope he goes from strength to strength.

Early days (very early days) but £3.5m could be very good value.  I think people forget he’s 22, continually been out on loan...let’s evaluate after 10/12 games.

Good point on him being loaned out all the time,maybe now he’s with us on a permanent basis his frame of mind will be right and he can really kick on.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

His work rate and defensive duties, shape, concentration have to be as consistent as his eye for a pass and offensive attributes imo.

You just can't carry players anymore these days...just because they open a game up like he did today. They can open a game up all you like, but it's no good if you are already a goal or two down, because not all 10 outfield are pulling their weight.

Undoubtedly a talent...but I remember games like this when Tomlin was here. It has to be consistent for us to do well.

Would love him to play like he did today consistently...if he does, he's worthy of playing every game.

With DaSilva out for a while and a likelyhood of us playing the same formation as we did today for a while, we need everyone to be doing the donkey work with as much passion as they do when on the offensive imo.

That's why Leeds do so well...everyman running their socks off.

Agreed but he has made a start and his response to being told to get properly fit suggests he at least has the right attitude. Some young  players of his kind would have thrown their toys out of the pram let's face it.

Just now, Super said:

I think we have to accept he wont be in the game at times but he is the one player we have that can produce that bit of magic when we need it.

And Eliasson. Both should start. Need more creativity.

1 minute ago, Super said:

I think we have to accept he wont be in the game at times but he is the one player we have that can produce that bit of magic when we need it.

That is what all of the good sides have.  Hernandez at Leeds for example....they step up when their team needs them.

We need to see more from Kasey, but today showed the flashes that will endear him to us (and our wives). 

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Agreed but he has made a start and his response to being told to get properly fit suggests he at least has the right attitude. Some young  players of his kind would have thrown their toys out of the pram let's face it.

I hope so...because if he does, I have a good feeling about this group of lads.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I hope so...because if he does, I have a good feeling about this group of lads.

Likewise, especially when it comes to the reshaping of our midfield. Everybody was understandably fixated by the need for a striker but the possibilities we now have there are potentially very exciting. Transformed in a matter of days!

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Likewise, especially when it comes to the reshaping of our midfield. Everybody was understandably fixated by the need for a striker but the possibilities we now have there are potentially very exciting. Transformed in a matter of days!

Not everybody.  We saw today that midfield is pretty key.  It wasn’t perfect today, Crowley found pockets, Villabal had a bit too much time on the ball at times, but it is encouraging that we could play a 212 (Nagy and Brownhill with Palmer...and two up top) away from home and not get strung out and dominated.

That has got to be encouraging? 

1 hour ago, RED4LIFE said:

But don't most players that play in his position also do the same? Go missing and then suddenly create a moment of magic?

In fact I was pleasantly surprised by his work rate and his fitness levels. 

I didn't see the 1st half but in the second half I saw him tracking back and attempting to win the ball many times, being successful at it a few times too. 

I did say the other day that the Sheffield United Duffy free role would get the best out of Palmer. Seemed like he did that role today. 

Problem is at the back with who we can play centre back. We don't really want 2 poor players on the ball in Baker and Wright bringing it out in a back 3.

50 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He's like Tomlin but more slimline and without the objectionable personality. 

For avoidance of doubt, this is a compliment. 

:laugh: Picture Lee Tomlin, only this guy looks fitter, is fitter and is annoyingly handsome, genuinely all round good bloke who wants to be here at BCFC ...

****, this is no Tomlin in any way shape or form

Well done Kasey today... Excited about what we can see this season

Look, when you are one nil down away from home with six minutes to go, you just need a goal, some sort of a goal, any kind of a goal from somewhere.

It doesn't have to be a lashed finish into the far corner following a Kasey Palmer masterpiece precision through ball. 

Oh go on then. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

But don't most players that play in his position also do the same? Go missing and then suddenly create a moment of magic?

In fact I was pleasantly surprised by his work rate and his fitness levels. 

I didn't see the 1st half but in the second half I saw him tracking back and attempting to win the ball many times, being successful at it a few times too. 

I completely agree which is why I never mentioned the words 'going missing'.

Tbf, KP also worked pretty hard last season for us but tended to do it in the wrong areas. Today he pressed whenever he could but he needs to learn when to press the player and when he needs to press the space to stop the player having an option to pass.

He's young but seems to have a good head on his shoulders so im hopeful this will come with more training/experience. If he does, we will have one hell of a player on our hands.

Very impressive today and made the difference. Without him we lose that match 1:0.

His vision to see a pass is sublime. I think Afobe will really benefit from KP's quick thinking with his intelligent runs.

It's no coincidence that Palmer's vision and cross for Weimann set up the equaliser and ultimately the win at Sheff Utd last season and that sensational pass on a plate for Rowe today for the point is I think, a glimpse of what he has in his locker. 

He is a game changer.

So pleased we got him and such a lovely bloke as well.

24 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

I completely agree which is why I never mentioned the words 'going missing'.

Tbf, KP also worked pretty hard last season for us but tended to do it in the wrong areas. Today he pressed whenever he could but he needs to learn when to press the player and when he needs to press the space to stop the player having an option to pass.

He's young but seems to have a good head on his shoulders so im hopeful this will come with more training/experience. If he does, we will have one hell of a player on our hands.

Agree.

Younger than Nagy, Brownhill, O’Dowda, Adelakun, Eliasson and Szmodics....from our midfield.  That might be a surprise to some!

Archived